Has anyone had a lorry transported? Is it hi - NOW BODGE 50 HORSEBO11OX THREAD (Now with added turtles)

Mr_Bo11ox

In other DODGE news

I plan to go and pillage that cab on Saturday. Only problem is, I want the winsdscreen out of it, and having measured up its too big to fit in my car!!! (Fiat Stilo)

Not sure how I'm going to sort that really, but there must be a way. Anyone local to me (Alfreton Derbyshire) or the cab (Stockport) feel like getting involved? I either need to go over in a bigger vehicle, or find someone local to it who can stash the windscreen till i have a chance to collect it in a different vehicle (e.g. a horsebox).

Can offer 'lunch out' to anyone who can help me!!!

If no-one can, I will probably ask the seller to hang onto it for a bit (risky strategy admittedly) and go back with the seats removed from the Stilo later on.

The tale of Bollox 'Orse box bits

That lorry's getting on me tits.

A parcel come to the Ayres household

Contained his bloody manifold.

Husband said keep it, but that isn't nice

So down to the shed and into the vice.

Weld a new flange, it's a bit of a mess

But it'll will teach them to check the bloody address.

So no more old tat should darkens my door,

Wait till E foinds the dead mouse down the bore.

Fank you very much.

Urgh, don't friggin ask

P1080976.jpg

I did go up to Tibshelf and picked it up. Brought it back, then tonight I cleaned it up, tapped out the stud holes on the downpipe flange, then found that the downpipe flanges are different!!!! FAAARRRRKKKKKK!!!!

Put a LCB 4 Branch on it with a non resonated centre section and a 'boom n burble' back box. That should keep you up with the lads of yesterday and the lads of today. A sort of Chorsa Box.

• 2 weeks later...

In other DODGE news

I plan to go and pillage that cab on Saturday. Only problem is, I want the winsdscreen out of it, and having measured up its too big to fit in my car!!! (Fiat Stilo)

Not sure how I'm going to sort that really, but there must be a way. Anyone local to me (Alfreton Derbyshire) or the cab (Stockport) feel like getting involved? I either need to go over in a bigger vehicle, or find someone local to it who can stash the windscreen till i have a chance to collect it in a different vehicle (e.g. a horsebox).

Can offer 'lunch out' to anyone who can help me!!!

If no-one can, I will probably ask the seller to hang onto it for a bit (risky strategy admittedly) and go back with the seats removed from the Stilo later on.

I'll step in if needed. Have a picasso. Plenty of space in it.

What did you do to break the screen when getting it out, Bo11?  I've only taken a few out and once you get the chrome surround out and clench your arse as you do the first bang in the corner, it should all be fine.  If you're not worried about the sealing rubber you can use a stanley knife to cut through it and reduce the force on the screen.

That's bad luck on the screen, offset by a result on the doors and scuttle though! Back in the day when I was pillaging Alfa Suds for spares I could never get a screen out in one, eventually I learnt to slice the rubber, as garethj suggests. This was fine until the time came when you couldn't get new rubbers!

What sort of sound deadening are you thinking of using on the bulkhead, in considering the same job on my LDV camper?

I was trying not to chop up the screen rubber as it was in good nick and someone on the FB group  (who has now gone quiet!!!!) said they wanted to buy it. So to get the screen out I was sat inside the cab just gently easing the inner lip of the sealing rubber, outwards over the flange of the screen surround using plenty of WD to ease matters. As I say I got it 2/3 out and must have been getting a bit cocky. I pushed the glass outwards, not terribly hard, but the bending moment on the glass must have been too much now it was unsupported down half its length, and it just cracked right down the middle from the top. '#MUTHAFUCKA' as I believe the youngsters say nowadays.

• 2 months later...

P1090141.jpg

This thing has been sitting on my drive looking like a flipping eyesore for about 9 months now while I sort out its general all-round knackeredness. Well yesterday I finally got it back together, turned the key and took it for an actual spin!!!! It now has a new radiator, exhaust manifold, steering coupling, oil, coolant, overhauled front suspension, new brake pads and loads of other stuff. Its still got plenty of problems but somehow seems to be lifted out of the 'fit only for scrap' category despite its appalling appearance. Will attempt to do an update of all the fettling shortly.

Woo!

happy to see this is still around, and that lots of work has been done :) 

I very much look forward to reading about all the fettling, and well done/congrats for getting it back into road worth shape :)

P1090141.jpg

This thing has been sitting on my drive looking like a flipping eyesore for about 9 months now while I sort out its general all-round knackeredness. Well yesterday I finally got it back together, turned the key and took it for an actual spin!!!! It now has a new radiator, exhaust manifold, steering coupling, oil, coolant, overhauled front suspension, new brake pads and loads of other stuff. Its still got plenty of problems but somehow seems to be lifted out of the 'fit only for scrap' category despite its appalling appearance. Will attempt to do an update of all the fettling shortly.

I saw worse than this on the M5 the other day,