Has anyone had a lorry transported? Is it hi - NOW BODGE 50 HORSEBO11OX THREAD (Now with added turtles)

Mr_Bo11ox

I'm at green gathering ATM. There are a few Dodge trucks here, I'll try and get some fotoes if I'm allowed permission.

Lot of rules here.

Hippies love to opt out of society's rules, in favour of inventing their own and enforcing them stringently.

After consulting a committee that never agree.

• 1 month later...

That brake disc looks comedically undersized...

Is the gentleman who's been doing this work on here? If so and they're willing I may well want to send some work their way in the not too distant future on my Merc. I'm far more interested in work being done right than what it costs, and the work on this thread is a bloody good recommendation I say!

• 3 weeks later...

HEY DUDES

Not been on here much as I've not generally been feeling very sociable lately, just been keeping my head down, going to work, paying bills and trying/failing to avoid news and newspapers! But you might be interested in the latest intel on the HORSEBO11OX.

Well its back home now after being at Al Bundys for 3 months. Its had some serious metalwork on the inner and outer wheelarches, cab mounts, drivers floor and bumper mounts. Got the call that it was ready week before last. As I have failed to find anywhere to keep it, it was going to have to live at home on the drive, but that meant dismantling the friggin car port!!! Anyway I got that sorted (it needed doing anyway to be fair) and went down on the train today to pick it up. To be honest I was shitting myself as the MOT ran out at the end of June and I had visions of the day ending up with it breaking down on the M1 and having to be shifted on a low loader for a four-figure sum, plus getting tigerbummed off the bacon boys for driving with no test, then losing my job, house falling down, and having to spend the rest of my life in a homeless hostel where the TV only plays Jack Whitehall etc etc.

P1080845.jpg

In the event the journey home went fine. As I am seriously speed-deficient I tucked myself in behind someone towing a SWB isuzu trooper on a 4-wheel trailer behind another SWB trooper, figuring that he looked equally as dicey as I did. In fact he did get a couple of serious snakes going which were scary for me 50 yds behind - the lad driving must have been shiting himself. But the Dodge just selttled into a smooth* 50mph cruise and we sailed home with no problems at all. DAMN its noisy though!!! I might see about adding some extra deadening on the floor and bulkhead before I try and drive this thing more than 50 miles or so.

P1080850.jpg

Al has welded a SERIOUS acreage of steel into this thing!!! The wheelarches need some wob to get the profile a bit better but they are super solid, and properly constructed.

P1080851.jpg

P1080847.jpg

P1080846.jpg

P1080848.jpg

I think I am gonna remove the grille, bumper and bumper bar and spend a bit of time improving the paint/seamsealer/underseal situation as I reckon the new metal could do with some decent preservation chucked on it. Also the rad leaks, and I am hoping to find a cheap Land Rover rad or something on eBay that i can cobble in as a replacement while its all in bits.

It needs a general look-over before going in for a test - the wipers dont work properly, headlamp lenses loose, one indicator is out, I want to grease the kingpins (bought a nice old WANNER gun off the bay for that) and sort the aforementioned paint and sealing on the new metalwork.

Now then. I should be chuffed that this thing is home at last and i can get on with it but TBH I am finding its presence a bit stressful. Its such a big ugly bastard! First I was stressed about getting it home. WHen i got home I thought the stress would lift but its not doing. Check out the view out of my kitchen window:

P1080853.jpg

Not good that is it. Mrs_Bo1 is not happy, and neither am I TBH. It was also covering a side window on the neighbours house as well. He's a friendly dude with a garden full of old motorbike bits and scrap copper pipe so i dont think he'll care, but I would if I was him and it was stressing me out. I spent some time cutting back brambles and sorting out the manky fence so I could tuck it in as much as poss and eventually got his window mostly uncovered and i dont think he'll lose any sunlight in his room now so thats better at least. Heres the driveway:

P1080854.jpg

Its mostly tucked in and looking at the picture its not too bad so hopefully the stress levels will fall after a good nights sleep or two.

If they do i will bust out the multimeter and get started on some of these MOT jobs! Once it has an MOT it can live aty least part-time on the roadside, as there is plenty of parking space 100yds down the road from me so it will hopefully feel like less of a friggin ball and chain.

This all sounds pretty heroic. Its not like you've dumped an old double deck bus on the driveway so don't fret too much about the big box on wheels and remind yourself how cool it is at frequent intervals.

Did not know there was now a Mrs Bo11ox, big day recently?

Get it kitted out with shite interior (velour and formica obvs) and hire it out on here for the less fortunate to experience how winners go on holiday? That'll relieve some of the storage stress if it disappears for a week at a time and might level out some of the welding expense?

I seriously need to cheer up as I have spent more on getting this welded than I have ever spent even on a complete car (Fiat 130 Berlina excepted). I'm in quite deep!

On the plus side - once the ther minor sounding mechanical bits have been sorted you can spend time making the camper back and Mrs Bo11 can have some input on that. Then look forward to living the shite dream smewhere sunny.

A horsebox in the drive surely means the area is now gentrified and house prices will soar? I'm sure your neighbours will be lining up to thank you!

Seriously don't stress about it, speak to your immediate neighbour with the scrap copper and bikes and put your mind at rest it's not bothering him. It's a lot less visually obtrusive to the rest of the world than you are thinking. A chap down the road kept a coach in the drive of his semi for years and nobody bothered.