Music to cruise to.

pandamonium

Actually.....

crazy Dutchboys :lol: About This Video 1986Breakdancer and rapper MC Miker G (Lucien Witteveen) meets DJ Sven (Sven van Veen). They decide to record a demo called Holiday Rap, based on the Madonna song Holiday. In July the song is released through Dureco and it reaches the number one spot in 34 countries and the top 10 in twelve other countries. At the end of the year their second single Celebration Rap is released. It is less successful than the Holiday Rap, but still reaches the top 10 in over thirty countries and turns gold in The Netherlands.

Hmmm, well it depends which car.

Accord: Has a fancy National digital radio/cassette (standard fit) and I alternate between Radio 3 in the mornings then R4 on the way home. Never yet listened to a tape in it, though I do have lots of stuff on cassette recorded off old vinyl and my CD's (in pre car CD player days). These go back to days in the mid-80's when I used to tape LP's from the Library. Rarely go on journeys long enough to put tapes into the car.

Camry: Decent radio/cassette player in that, so as above plus there's a period correct Jungle compilation taped off a former housemate. Have no idea who the artists are, but it's good stuff.

Laurel: Nothing. As some as you will have seen before, it contains this splendid double-height standard fit thing...

Posted Image

But being JDM it doesn't do the UK FM bandwidth so all I can get is Radio 2 (never been changed despite spending 11 years at least here, not sure if I can be bothered), besides which it's still new to me so I like listening to it (the car, that is). I found a Guns n' Roses tape in it which I played once to see if the cassette player worked OK, which it did but certainly won't be playing it again...

Most previous Datsuns have given me only the choice of MW or LW on mono, so usually Radio 4 all the way in those.

NEVER commercial stations!

Ummm,Radio 4 - Today and PM mostly.H2G2 (on one of my aged c-60 tapes)Some random compilation tapes which are stuck in this weird eclectic 80 / 90's mix of stuff (mostly AOR - Def Leppers, Magnum, Jon Bovi and the like, but some odd stuff thrown in, like Veronique Janot and The Five Penny Piece)Oh, I also have rather a lot of Mike Harding stuff and am currently listening to Bombers Moon :oops:

My main daily steed, the R11, has a Blaupunkt radio/cassette, but it plays really slowly, so everybody sounds like Rick Astley, so I drive listening only to the clatter of the engine!

The R9 has a very basic radio, with really crappy speakers....I switched it on once, to check that it works, then switched it straight back off again!

The only time I listen to music is in the Rover, which has quite a snazzy set up (including the Satnav and Telly)....If I'm travelling down to visit the folks of a Saturday morning, I'll listen to Johnathan Ross on Radio 2, then when the (invariably un-funny) comedy hour comes on, it's back to the CD's....Currently in the Rover IIRC there is:

Ray Charles

Stevie Wonder

Lily Allen

Mutya Buena

Girls Aloooood

'70 Disco Compilation

....Problem I find with an autochanger is, You load 'em up with discs, then usually the same discs stay in there for months....At least with a single play CD, you HAVE to change the disc, which for me, means more variety! :roll:

I have a car Radio Cassette with a CD changer available if anyone wants it. Free I must add. It doesn't have the connecting lead, and has not been tested. I can't be arsed to faf with it so and as I got it given, is available to anyone who can collect. Alternately I will have it in my car at the RR awards night. :)

Guest greenvanman

Currently on my Tevion SD card stereo (the ultimate in-car audio shite):Buzzcocks 'Flat Pack Philosophy'Spacemen 3 'Playing with Fire'Jimi Hendrix Experience ' Electric Ladyland'New York Dolls 'Rock'n'Roll'Gang of 4 'Peel Sessions'

Respect is due 8)
Ah Chester, you sound like a man after my own heart!

WOW! Another fan!!

Oh yes. Is Aimee Mann the most under-rated artist of ever, or what?

when i had a car i listened to the jam madnessthe specialsstyle counciljamiroquilily allen (kids like her id like her too?)the beatselectorbad mannersbob marleyany northern soul stuff i find on cddire straits phil collins and loads more i coulndt possibly list

I've just set up the presets on the Galant radio to lots of stations where old-sounding French men talk about serious business and never laugh, ever. I find them somewhat relaxing.

Great bit of radio ga ga in the news today, with once cutting edge but now cut to shreds radio 1 deciding to drop the words "faggot" and "slut" from the classic 1987 christmas song 'Fairytale of New York' by The Pogues, just in case it offended some minorities somewhere.After only a few hours of public outcry, and a lack of appreciation from the Family of the late Kirsty McColl and The Pogues, the misguided PC idea was hastily dropped, and they will now play the 'uncut' original. What a bunch of tossers :roll:

I do radio for a living, so normally i listen about to see what the competition are up to when im out in my car...I do drive time on Tay FM in Dundee weekdays.. and Saturday breakfast and the sunday rewind on Forth One in edinburgh.Better than working for a living :lol:

Cool! I do radio, sometimes, but not for a living.Community radio in Spalding, still on a restricted licence and embaresingly named "Tulip Radio" after the flower festival.Fun to do but I dont think i'll ever give the profesionals anything to worry about.Its a 100 mile round trip per show, need some diesel shite before april!

Well in the Alfa I've got a CD wallet that holds 220 discs. Not quite full yet though.....I could probably fill it by digging out more CDs but I've plenty in there to be getting on with ta very much!The in car entertainment in my Renault was provided by myself DIY fashion by drumming my hands on the dashboard (whilst stationary) and humming whilst on the move (the original radio is in a somewhat permanent state of disassembly!).The Ritmo has the original Voxson push button radio which may well work, will have to give it a try when I one day get the car moving.The Panda never even had a dashboard never mind anything else! Just a steering wheel, controls & a sort of deep tray the width of the front in which to place things!

Albums I listen to atm in the car: Hatebreed - The Rise of Brutality Pendulum - Hold Your ColourReuben - Very Fast Very Dangerous36 Crazy Fists - Rest Inside The FlamesComeback Kid - BroadcastingMight not be to your tastes, but yeah, that's my selection! :)