Definitely for Sale - 1994 Jaguar XJ6 3.2 Sport X300 - Bonus XK8 Content

Broadsword

Small updates. I got the remote locking working just about, which was very pleasing. The flipper is on its last legs but I just managed to get the contacts in good enough shape for it to keep working. While I was at it I disconnected the alarm siren. The noise of the chirps this thing makes is really rather annoying after a while. Disconnecting the multi plug to the siren is the easy way out. You will find the alarm siren next to the windscreen washer fluid reservoir, very easy to get at.

I finally got the car on a ramp to have a really good poke around underneath. The mechanic was quite impressed. Overall it's very clean and solid. A few things of note are:

*Some play in front wheel bearings.

*Offside front brake flexi hose is a bit tired.

*Nearside front brake caliper and flexi hose are new.

*Front shock absorbers look new.

*Minor oil leak from engine (best to leave it).

*Small oil leak from diff seal.

*We tied back the ABS sensor wires to stop them flapping around in the breeze.

*Inner front wing corners repaired to a poor standard. Solid, but need monitoring.

*Surface rust on lower inner edge of offside sill. Wire brush and treat.

*Offside rear jacking point twisted but solid. We still lifted the car on it without problem.

It's an oldish car so overall things are really good I would dare say. I forgot to pay attention to the gearbox mount. I can't get a good view from my rubbish photos so I can't see the rubber bush.

Other news is a slight and annoying misfire detectable at tickover. The answer will no doubt be LUCAS. I've cleaned the intake bellows, TPS and front of the throttle body. That did nothing. I'll do the fuel filter next as it looks old and I have a new one. I also have the correct spark plugs which I might try before resorting to coil packs and fuel pressure regulator.

post-20621-0-25830700-1533289452_thumb.jpg

post-20621-0-97788700-1533289571_thumb.jpg

post-20621-0-00345700-1533289638_thumb.jpg

post-20621-0-15774300-1533289683_thumb.jpg

post-20621-0-23261700-1533289773_thumb.jpg

post-20621-0-17679200-1533289804_thumb.jpg

post-20621-0-49882400-1533289834_thumb.jpg

post-20621-0-36044000-1533289870_thumb.jpg

post-20621-0-09027000-1533289908_thumb.jpg

post-20621-0-14097000-1533289950_thumb.jpg

post-20621-0-00275700-1533290012_thumb.jpg

post-20621-0-38276000-1533290106_thumb.jpg

post-20621-0-36285800-1533290200_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

The tread blocks were starting to peel away from one of the front tyres (Nankang) so it was time to buy a full new set of tyres. I needed a deal so spent about two days looking around. The final result was a set of Rovellos fully fitted and balanced for £185. The new set has made the car far nicer to drive. The old front tyres was Nankangs and dry rotting. The rears were Triangles (still can't get over that ridiculous name). I thought the rear tyres were poor and noted they were from 2011. When the guy at National Tyres had them off they were actually really good looking. Loads of tread and not cracking up at all. I threw them in the boot for an emergency.

Bonus being the last letter of the three is T so start emailing all transport companies that have WC as their initials. They'll often shell out £300 a pop on the right combo of letters on a dated plate for their trucks so the boss deserves a dateless plate, right?

Noticed recently that every single Lomas Distribution truck has LD, two numbers, and then the driver's choice of three letters like DAZ, ACE etc.

Anyway. That's a bloody lovely conveyance, beautiful. Can't believe how little it cost you.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/search?q=wct

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10356362

• 1 month later...

Would anyone be interested in buying this? I've got an unexpected incoming upgrade all of a sudden, and cannot really have two Jags at the same time right now. It's not going to cost pennies though given I've just got the Andy bracket for it, it's had the new tyres and I'm about to finish up with some work on wheel bearings. It is pretty damn good as an overall package though. Let me know if interested.

Right so yes you get the plate with it. Unfortunately it’s not the usual bargain basement Autoshite price I’m afraid. I need to recoup funds to cover the next Jag, which may well be a monster. Given I know you won’t get one with a better paint job, they new tyres, Andy bracket, potential value of the plate, upcoming cost on wheel bearings, I’m looking for £1800.

Picking up blower Jag tomorrow. Insurer warned “oh it’s going to be much more expensive given that it’s a newer car”, then said £150. Not bad for 370 bhp I feel (I’m 27). I hope it makes it home.

I’ve been trying to book this one in to get a rear wheel bearing changed and front bearings fettled with on Saturday. Currently looking 50:50 on that happening on time. In other news there was a slightly mistake after taking the most recent photos. See National Tyres people for unknown reasons took the centre caps out when changing the tyres and broke them. I stuck them back for cosmetic reasons to do photos be then lost two of them. Anyway they were faded and generally not good. Replacement set (albeit black) in the post.

• 4 weeks later...

Time for a bump and an update. Front wheel bearings have been regreased and retorqued. This improved things. Passenger side rear wheel bearing has been replaced (pig of a job). After doing the rear wheel bearing I realised that the play on that hub was in fact the fulcrum. The bearing was worn out also but the fulcrum was a separate issue. I have the fulcrum refresh kit ordered and will do the job this week. In addition to that I have a new set of centre caps for the wheels. I want to shift this on now. Any interest at £1500?

Passenger side rear fulcrum pin and bearings have now been replaced. Job went quite well. The old bearings were not very good. Some moisture had got in. The main problem was the pin. If the replacement part is anything to go by then the old one had worn down quite a bit. All buttoned up and a new hub nut has been put on. Nice quality Timken bearings went in.

post-20621-0-08583900-1541691298_thumb.jpg

I was swapping over Jags to work on this morning. I leave one car at this farm, which the owner lets me park up at for £20 a month. I took the opportunity to photo this Prescott moment, Ha! More Jags, all the Jags is what we need! Slight pity Mr. DW isn't into buying Jags at the moment, this one would be nice for a Jag magazine editor!

post-20621-0-59376400-1541695160_thumb.jpg

I don’t think they are the same colour. The X300 is sapphire blue I’m quite sure with doeskin presumably. The XJR I didn’t really look into. I think it said JER or JEC on the manufacturing plate so probably Clarendon blue or Sapphire metallic. Paint codes are not my speciality. The car is some 12 miles East of York.