Ford Fiesta something 1998

Cavcraft

When I met my wife she had a fiesta 1.1 poverty spec 4 speed box , electric nothing

When we moved in together we didn't need 2 cars and she wasn't a confident driver so I sold the Celica that I loved

I drove that fiesta Warrington to Heathrow, it was awful , screaming it's tits off at 70 , worst part of the holiday was the drive back with jetlag .

I really don't see the attraction of 90s Ford's they were terrible , having said that £150 is cheap for any drivable car , roffle it , I'd think it'd sell out in a couple of days at £4 a ticket

The 309 is just an ugly, engorged 205 really, not sure how they could be considered terrible.

Had three or four back in the day. Just hateful, cannot believe how far apart from the superior 205 they were. Think someone on here said they were built in different factories (309=Coventry, 205=France?) and if so the quality control team for the 309 must have all pissed off back to Iveco later.

Sometimes you've got go look where these things are headed at MOT time, its alright spending £150 to scrape it through but if other stuff is on the cusp of going wrong its bean tins.

If its otherwise good its worth mending but its finding someone with actual money in their hand that can be arsed with that stuff. The '£109 2nite m8' stuff wears you down.

These things to my mind actually drive a lot better than they've any right to.

We had a TD van version at work for years, and that thing went like a bloody rocket. Tried to buy it when the sold it off but someone beat me to it.

They were an old design by this time, but still a decent steer for something so basic. Looks to be an ideal first car for someone or a local runaround.

You have to take a pragmatic view on this sort of stuff. So for the hordes* of buyers for this;

Why are you saving it?

Who are you saving it for? 

I've just sold my 318i Estate after four years. Regrets? None whatsoever. It was a good car, and it served its purpose.

I took an M reg 518i Estate in p/x and that will be bean tins this time next month. I'm not even attempting to sell it.

Life is too short, and the price of scrap high. 

Thats a very valid point. I could spend thousands bringing my Mondeo to a point where it would be bang on, but who for? It would still be worth £500. If I keeled over tomorrow someone else would run it into the ground. I realise that's a bit of a negative outlook but I'm a believer in buying them, enjoying them then fucking them off when big bills are on the cards. Its no fun chucking best part of a grand on fitting an engine or whatever in it if it went bang. Nothing lasts forever, at the end of the day its an old car not The Acropolis.

If I keeled over tomorrow someone else would run it into the ground. 

Yes. Two really, really nice E36 Coupes went that way a while back. One belonged to a Lady friend and it was a really lovely 320i Coupe, and it was just neglected and ended up on a council estate after being drifted yo. One was mine, a white L reg 318iS that was nice enough to be in Sytners showroom the weekend the 4 Series Coupe was launched. I sold it to a mate, who sold it to a mate who fitted some shit wheels and took it to the 'ring. He sold it to some other individual who fucked the engine. It then had a six cylinder unit dropped in and was involved in a police chase and ended up in a field. From mint to scrap in a year. Way to go. Still, there are loads more about, right? RONG. They've all been destroyed by drift monkeys and the sorts that regard dangerous breed ownership and restraining orders quite normal.

Most folk don't value anything. You should see the fucking state of 3-4 year old cars in auctions. 

Set of wheel trims about £25 on the bay

Cat: £? scrap

Ford & Fiasco badges £5 - 10 on the bay

Book pack £10 on the bay

Genuine Fraud radio £10 - 20 on the bay

Cube the rest - ye will still be quids in.

Almost as hateful as the K series Metro. Sorry B - most of your chod I like but this is just shit.

Edit - just noticed the Ford Headlamp protectors - lob em in a box in the back of one of the Field of dreams* cars and ebay em in 5 years or so once OSF tax kicks in