Scirocco automatic; SOLD OUT!!! Being drawn Weds 13/6 - £300 alternative prize

doubleyeller

Well he managed 50 miles of motorway driving so clearly it wasn't running as badly as all that?

“Drives 100%” and the below are VERY different statements.

Depends on your point of view. I loved smoking about town in it, but there again, I have NEVER driven it without either FTP or failure to start.

It was one of those cars you just love to hate, but my guess is that it's not seen a motorway in 20 years at least.

Look forward to the updates on progress.

“Drives 100%” and the below are VERY different statements.

Give the man an orange!

Seriously, what a load of crap - the advert described the car as a dose of misery that didn't want to live, and made it very clear that the car had electrical issues. I wasn't aware that the alternator was on it's way, as for driving 100%, I was referring to brakes, engine, gearbox, steering etc. All of which are in very good order.

Shitting nora, give the lad a break you lot! Throughout the whole bleeding thread he's regularly pointed out that the car has various gremlins, has not seen a long journey for many years, and that basically he hates the old heap.

The unlucky winner isn't spitting feathers yet the OP is having to continue to try and defend himself to a few grumps over the sale of a cheap, snotty old Scirocco with feck all guarantee.

The moans on here, at times, are worse than a bunch of menopausal old nags at the WI. Go and visit the mother in law or something, to release what real stress is. Jeez.

Shitting nora, give the lad a break you lot! Throughout the whole bleeding thread he's regularly pointed out that the car has various gremlins, has not seen a long journey for many years, and that basically he hates the old heap.

The unlucky winner isn't spitting feathers yet the OP is having to continue to try and defend himself to a few grumps over the sale of a cheap, snotty old Scirocco with feck all guarantee.

The moans on here, at times, are worse than a bunch of menopausal old nags at the WI. Go and visit the mother in law or something, to release what real stress is. Jeez.

Cheers for that - I paid £500 for this piece of shite - you know, when I went to buy this, I tried driving it back from London, then spent 8 or more hours stuck in the M4 Heathrow services waiting for a tow to arrive, eventually arrived back in Yorkshire 22 hours after I set off. All to be expected, it's an old turd! FTP and breaking down are part of the hobby, and if you would set out to pick up a £500 Scirocco and drive it 100+ miles home then get mad because it broke down then frankly you're mad.

Oh yeah, but it's not actually Matt who's complaining is it? It's all the sore losers who didn't win the roffle 

Oh yeah, but it's not actually Matt who's complaining is it? It's all the sore losers who didn't win the roffle

I don't quite agree with this.

I don't think it is bad losers, more that you did state "Come on a fine day and you can drive it away no worries as it now drives 100%." In the initial post - which isn't quite true.

I don't think it is bad losers, more that you did state "Come on a fine day and you can drive it away no worries as it now drives 100%." In the initial post - which isn't quite true.

Ok well at the risk of getting into semantics, I honestly wasn't aware of any problem with the alternator. He did come, and he did drive it away, and it was running fine. He also got a good 50 - 60 miles away, which I think proves the point that it was driving fine at that point. It's an old car and anything can happen at any time.

FTFY

It may well go that way, lots of wiring to fix first as some of the features are sketchy to say the least , Terry the aa man spent most of his time picking loose wires out of the engine bay and footwells and laughing!

To be fair though with the multi ticket deal it was £7.75, for a running* mot'd car so I cannot grumble.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Ok well at the risk of getting into semantics, I honestly wasn't aware of any problem with the alternator. He did come, and he did drive it away, and it was running fine. He also got a good 50 - 60 miles away, which I think proves the point that it was driving fine at that point. It's an old car and anything can happen at any time.

All this is true, doubleyeller made me quite aware that it had many issues and I made the choice to drive it.

Would buy again

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

I picked up a brand new fleet car once, drove it 20 miles home. Next morning there was a pool of oil under it and the sump was pretty much empty, new oil pump required.

A few years later I picked up another new car, drove it 75 miles. Came out and it was slow to turn over. Turned out to be a Cracked block and it was hydraulicing. Head was replaced first then when that didn't solve it, complete engine.

A few years later, I picked up another new car, drove it 25 miles. Next morning, FTP, new fuel pump required.

Getting 50 odd miles in a Roffler ent that bad, an alternator can fail at anytime.