Somewhere to break a car? Need help

dieselnutjob

This came up on ebay and I suspect that it won't go for much

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/183224271041

I don't think that this can ever be restored, but if it goes as cheaply as I suspect it would be perfect as a spares car for me.

I am close to starting to restore my 604.  Basically I am about 2/3 the way through rebuilding my garage.

Once that's done the 604 will have a home where I can work on it.

I won't really be "restoring" it, but I would like to get it rust free, reliable and respray it.

This is going to take me a couple of years.

The frame of the bonnet has gone on mine, and all of the doors.  I have one new door and three new skins but some better frames would still me useful.

Also the rear wheel arch / wing has gone and the one in the ebay car looks better.

My gearbox has a major fluid leak and there is a vibration at the back at about 60mph which doesn't go with swapping wheels around.

I also would keep the dash, column, rack and bell housing so that I could right hand drive convert another 604 in the future if I ever wanted to.

If the ebay car goes for not much more than scrap value I think I would be silly not to buy it as one single mechanical part (like a gearbox or diff or cylinder head) would cost me way more, but it's just the wrong time.

My garden is like a scrapyard  / builders yard because I'm rebuilding the garage.

Maybe it could go to my mum's house, as she has a concrete standing where they used to have a caravan, but I can't ask her as she's gone abroad for a week.  I really don't know if she'll say yes or not.

Does anyone have space where I could put something like this for a while?  I would need to do a few visits to take parts and weigh the rest.  The car is for sale in Ipswich and my mum is in Norwich so somewhere in the East of England would appear to be most sensible.

This is current state of the garage project

View of the back garden:-

DSC_3454.jpg

DSC_3457.jpg

you can see that there is a steel post on each side of the garage with an RSJ in holding up the roof.

Back of the garage (from the access road):-

DSC_3455.jpg

again, the steel posts are in and a longer RSJ is in.

One interior wall has gone and been replaced with a thinner steel panel:-

DSC_3456.jpg

The finished garage will have an interior which is nearly 2' longer than a 604.  Each steel panel is less than 1" from the fence line so I really have squeezed all of the space out of this garden that I can.  The door will be very nearly the entire length of the garage as the old wooden doors and the block pillar will go and the new doors will hinge directly onto the posts that hold the roof up.

Each post is a 100x100mm steel post with 8mm thick sides and is buried into a 2' deep trench that runs down each side of the garage.

We removed I think 2 1/2 tons of soil and put in a similar amount of concrete around those posts.

There are also new fence posts on both sides buried into the same concrete and the neighbour on one side already has new panels next to the garage.

Inside the width of the garage is about 4 metres and so the 604 will take basically half of this.

One advantage of putting the car in sideways with a massive door is that one can open the garage door and then have totally uninhibited access to that side of the car.

Access to the other side of the car will depend how much c£@p I put in there with it, and I have a lot.

This weekend a lot of the c£@p is going to get thrown out so that I can get the wall at the other end down.

So you can see that

a: I am serious

b: this potential spares car has come along at just the wrong time