Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

1600E What is the modern equivalent?

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#91 ONLINE   AMC Rebel

AMC Rebel

• Full Members
  • 3,347 posts
  • 35 thanks

Posted 23 May 2018 - 02:09 PM

They probably are. But for the conversion inserted into the Ro80, the V6 required the bonnet lid line to be modified, whereas the V4 didn't!

Got it! 

1994 Range Rover Classic "The Crying Pumpkin" cried off, rusty

2003 Jaaaag XJ 260K miles and counting

2000 Ford Mondeo Verona 1.8 pez FOR SALE Now with new As owner

2000 Ford Puma 1.7 - Roffled and now with new AS owner

1968 AMC Rebel SST convertible (working and road legal but in limp home mode)

1967 AMC Rebel SST convertible (superior body and originality being slowly raided for spares for the '68) Off road for at least the last 25 years

1956 Chevy 210 4 door hardtop - bought in 2000 and still in my garage - I even do a bit of work on it occasionally - long term project

2005 MG ZT-T awaiting completion of engine transplant of spare V6 after OMG HGF on the engine that "never has that problem"

2005 Land Rover Discovery - for long trips and moving engines 

#92 OFFLINE   FakeConcern

FakeConcern

C4 VTS

• Full Members
  • 1,721 posts
  • 10 thanks
  • LocationSunny Sussex

Posted 04 June 2018 - 09:19 PM

Has anyone mentioned the Mondeo Vignale? I'm sure they must have. After reading on another forum about someone who has one, I thought this must be the Ford idea of a modern 1600E. Hasn't caught on though as I've only just heard of it and it came out in 2015.

https://www.ford.co....s-specs/vignale

ford-mondeo_vignale-uk-vignale_neo_singl

#93 ONLINE   Honey Badger

Honey Badger

• Full Members
  • 1,077 posts
  • 13 thanks

Posted 05 June 2018 - 06:52 AM

Volvo S60 R design is kinda close, no actual improvement in performance as the engine range is small but a good spec with individual interior and exterior touches not available in the other specs?

The culling of saloon cars by manufacturers over the years makes it difficult to get a match to a 1600E, possibly something like a 2.4 Accord EX, fast engine and a high spec would have kind of matched it.

• FakeConcern likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users