Ford Galaxy 2.0 petrol - manual.

purplebargeken

Anyone want my red Galaxy? It's tidy, just got a replacement steering wheel as one horn button was missing on the original. It's the 2.0 litre petrol version, runs lovely. Manual box. Clean and tidy inside, clean and tidy outside other than a bit of laquer peel on the front bumper and bonnet.

Not huge miles.

No swivelly captains seat as basic spec model (Aspen I think). Has a/c but never used it. 

No MOT. Needs an exhaust repair, just some tiddly holes on the long straight section and a small patch on the body underneath. Drivers door mirror glass is cracked. Heater switch doesn't work. Rocker cover gasket needs replacing if fussy.

It's had new wipers front and rear fitted. Has good tyres on her too. Cracking and cheap 7 seater. 

I bought her with about a weeks MOT left.

All easy stuff to remedy.

Location: a barn in Essex near to the A414 (Ongar Road), Chelmsford).

Need £395 - very firm sadly. 

Gal%20Front_zpsozjce0pd.jpg

Gal%20Rear_zpslfqjwhoo.jpg

DSCN0102_zpsg4ftxhye.jpg

This really needs a new MOT on it to sell from Cheltenham (just been down there this weekend at a friend's party in Winchcombe), would be interested but need and prefer an auto, so no help at all apart from bumping your ad, soz :-P

Brilliant buses these things. Not entirely sure it's full mingebag spec though, as some had none body coloured bumpers. (Your might have been painted at some point of course)

basic spec model 

You called, Ken?

Not entirely sure it's full mingebag spec though

And I'm out.

Good luck with it though.  I remember seeing this in the photos of the ZT and thinking phwoar.  It'd be great to preserve one of these, because for me they have the accolade of being the first mainstream 7 seater that you weren't ashamed of owning.  I'm one of 5 kids and my parents preferred to drive everywhere CONVOY than have a Toyota Space Cruiser or whatever.  Upon reflection, they made an error of judgement there, but the Galaxy was the first decent MPV in my eyes.

It is phwoar to be honest and as I said before, it drives lovely.

Great visibility and driving position plus huuuugely practical too.

It is cheap for what it is, even sans MOT in all honesty.

The rear passenger area is totally flat and with all the seats removed it is vast. I was going to use this as a weekend escape camper. Would be ideal.

C'mon folks, this is cheap, worthy and bright red. It even has the AS sticker already fitted FFS.

If a single car could define the 90s, that is it. Despite liking this a lot, I realistically will not be able to buy this, especially with it being so close to the Bulgaria trip.

However, I will say that when I dropped the Astra off at "the barn" this did stand out as a very nice example of something which has somehow disappeared from the roads without anyone noticing. It is in excellent condition, especially the interior, and has been very lucky in not being used and ruined as a family taxi.

Although I know some on here will look down on it, I feel that it is a vey Autoshite car. Largely unappreciated and ignored by the general public, but still having a certain charm that most of us on here would fall for.

Good luck with the sale Ken. Hopefully it will get snapped up by someone on here.

Interesting* fact about these early Galaxies - the aerodynamics are such that even with no catch in place whatsoever, the bonnet will not flip up when driving, even at motorway speeds.  This is something I found out when I got home from picking up the one I bought and went to pop the bonnet to check the levels, and found that it was just resting there under its own weight.

What was this wiper thingy? They are happy wipers and have lasted thus far without killing nuns and kittens as far as I know. Maybe.

From the factory, the offside wiper blade doesn't come anywhere near the A pillar, leaving a pretty huge unswept area right in front of the driver. Naturally, the wipers work better for LHD...

Such was the 'uproar' that they did a recall bodge, that changed the wiper position (driver's side now on top) and operated the driver's wiper first. 

ford20galaxy20mk201201995-200020mpv-30.j

While researching this, I think I've decided I need an early Galaxy/Sharan in my life. Oh dear.

^^ That could have been interesting*. 

It was... Trying to creep out in traffic was definitely interesting, as soon as you lifted your clutch that was it.. only way to stop was to dip clutch and hold the brake if you took your foot off the brake pedal off it went... 

Never got to the bottom of what caused it, it had a new clutch fitted and master cylinder inside the gearbox - weird.

Hmmmm.......

Twitching of wantage.

Work vehicle? Check.

Room for dog? Check.

Holiday transport? Check.

Hmmmmmm........

Holiday yep, great, we did Edinburgh on one tank of Devil juice... from Hull. Not bad going - Mine was the 1.9PD though but it was great to drive, very comfy too. Swallowed a lot of luggage and all 7 of us people that went. 

Hope it's stayed on "here"?

We needed a 6 seater in the early 90s and ended up with a metallic gold space cruiser with deep red velour seats. What a weapon! When it started bubbling up my Dad chopped it in for an early Previa at farmer and Carlisle, Loughborough.

It almost got chopped in for one of these but as it never ftp'd or went rusty it was kept. I remember going for a test drive in a dark red metallic 2.3 Ghia and loving the Ghia chintz. Didn't out chintz the space cruiser though, very little could.