Triumph Herald, Ford 100e or similar 60's car

hpi_matrix

Standard 8 or 10 (or Pennant) bits and knowledge available, and easily slightly tuned to keep up with modern traffic.

I've had one for about 17 years now. Has needed very little. Parts are cheap and easy to get hold of. They drive very well for the age.

8s are underpowered but 10s are fine.

Ford 100e not recommended unless you live somewhere flat

If space is not a premium this looks interesting. Laughable fuel consumption but tax and mot free. Sacrilidge to cut it up but would make a gentle camper conversion given care. Rolls engine - not sure if it runs. Maybe probably no power steering but something may be adapted. Fun though...

post-20142-0-65988200-1526309323_thumb.jpg

A '59 Minx any good? Located near Colchester. 

9833092.jpg

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C968936

Fits the bill, just dont like the way it looks. Much like the Minor, perfect car but I just dont have any passion for it.

I accept a 60's car isnt going to compete with a modern, but its literally going to sit in the garage for me to tinker with, allow me to get into classic car shows for free and when its a nice day out give it a run round.

If space is not a premium this looks interesting. Laughable fuel consumption but tax and mot free. Sacrilidge to cut it up but would make a gentle camper conversion given care. Rolls engine - not sure if it runs. Maybe probably no power steering but something may be adapted. Fun though...

Garage space dictates under 4300mm in length, otherwise I would have a lot more choice.

Funnily enough, a family friend has a Herald 13/60 convertible that's bodily fantastic but wouldn't run right. He reckoned it was something to do with the carb, and parked it up in his (rather cavernous) garage until he got the chance to have a proper look at it.

That was around 1994.

I understand it's still in there... somewhere.

• 2 weeks later...