1991 Fiat Tipo DGT SX 42K, £575.

bramz7

Not feeling the love for this anymore sadly. I did have a nagging feeling that I didn't really get on with it when I drove it into storage. 

Its been in storage since October, when it passed an MOT after an initial fail. Had 4 new tyres put on it, a rear brake balancing etc. 

It had had one owner until i bought it, when she gave up driving and passed it on to her mechanic. 

It's got some issues:

-Passenger side rear door bubbling in the window channels quite well. Probably saveable. 

-Paint on the roof is shot after a terrible respray on the roof, frankly awful. Patina though.

-Brakes may need an overhaul on the front end.

-Passenger side electric window makes some weird noises when going down

-Boot not in the best way, but I have a replacement with a genuine Abarth rear wing attached, but it is a different colour. 

-Dings all over due to previous elderly owner.

But on the plus side:

-Digital dash working fine.

-Low mileage.

-Good spec.

-Seems generally good to drive since the new tyres were put on.

-Had a refurbished carb, new clutch etc put on very recently.

-Fantastic blue interior.

-4 new tyres on decent alloys. The alloys were accessory options of the era.

-Central locking works, woohoo.

-Spares included, new rear lights, boot seal, both stalks.

-HEADLIGHT WIPERS. Only one works.

-Solid underneath, never welded.

I personally think in the time I have owned it, my car preferences have changed. I really like the Brava I now own, and tbh, if it doesn't FTP on me or die somehow, I would prefer to garage it away somewhere. 

This is probably a regrettable sale but I want to try other things, I want another BX14 so badly it genuinely pains me. 

I have a feeling the refurb carb wasn't set up properly, so it's running a bit rich. And it barely needs any choke to get going.

Asking price is firm. More than I paid for it but the MOT cost me £400 and it's been in £100 per month storage over winter.

It's still in storage and I will dig it out in a few weeks. As such, it won't be strictly available until then but anyone who really wants it can register interest now. 

If I dig it out and a serious issue has arisen I will keep it and get it sorted out.

Photos:

37469644236_dee77b037c_b.jpg1991 Fiat Tipo DGT. by Sam Osbon, on Flickr

36848595113_4a0b37a223_b.jpgFiat Tip interior. by Sam Osbon, on Flickr

37469642636_008f9a280a_b.jpgFiat Tipo interior. by Sam Osbon, on Flickr

37259363830_c884c06e9b_b.jpgFiat Tipo DGT. by Sam Osbon, on Flickr

37259362650_fa21efb007_b.jpg1991 Fiat Tipo DGT. by Sam Osbon, on Flickr

37259361690_fd19e076d7_b.jpgFiat Tipo engine. by Sam Osbon, on Flickr

Not a happy sale but all this shit with the Tempra has killed my mojo, plus the general nagging feeling about it. 

I am only advertising it on here and select Facebook groups if no takers. The general public can do one. 

Any questions, PM me.

I am open to swaps for things like: 405s, BXs, 80s or early 90s Italian stuff, with MOT but a small project is fine. NO ROTTERS.

Oh yeah, sold as seen.

Flip...have always fancied either one of these or a Tempra. Would need to be an estate if I would be able to go for it though - because dog.

That dash made me swear in front of my boss at the time when I turned the ignition on in the Tempra we had in in the dark the first time I saw it.

I still reckon one of the nicest looking (and actually well thought out I thought) digital dashes I've seen.

I've never had a car with a digital dash, and I'd love one of these to be it...

Tipo and Tempra are both quite nice driving motors from what I recall too.