Nissan Maxima 3.0 V6

Jim Bell

Very nice, I like that one. In the US they were well-regarded as some sort of sports saloon.

Does it have any history with it? I believe they're susceptible to gearbox issues. That might be why this one was in a scrapyard back in 2004, perched on an older JDM model (effectively a Bluebird with long front overhang).........

4018194141_9a6f889422_b.jpg

Nissan Bluebird V6 Maxima Hardtop (U11) + Maxima (J30) by Spottedlaurel, on Flickr

Here's one that wasn't entirely standard.....

22512668241_dd9862ce2b_b.jpg

1992 Nissan Maxima (J30) K104XTM, JAE show 2002 by Spottedlaurel, on Flickr

22314741779_eea5f7f41f_b.jpg

Fear not, it doesn't appear to be around any more.

Very nice, I like that one. In the US they were well-regarded as some sort of sports saloon.

Does it have any history with it? I believe they're susceptible to gearbox issues. That might be why this one was in a scrapyard back in 2004, perched on an older JDM model (effectively a Bluebird with long front overhang).........

Nissan Bluebird V6 Maxima Hardtop (U11) + Maxima (J30) by Spottedlaurel, on Flickr

Few stamps, but no history of substance.  Gearbox feels spot on at the moment (fingers crossed, hail Mary, touch wood, throws salt over shoulder).

Its not done many miles so hopefully theres a few more left in it yet SL!

I remember this from JAE. Ha.

From Wikipedia...

You keep buying cars that couldn't possibly be topped, thus proving that there is no such thing as an untoppable car. That said, I really haven't the faintest how you will top this.

There's not much JDM exotica more beige than this; a Nissan President with all doily options ticked or a Toyota Century with a vinyl roof isn't truly AS-worthy enough, for this job only a Mitsubishi Debonair will do, or for full unicorn status a Hyundai Grandeur.

1024px-20101003_hyundai_grandeur_001.jpg

There's not much JDM exotica more beige than this; a Nissan President with all doily options ticked or a Toyota Century with a vinyl roof isn't truly AS-worthy enough, for this job only a Mitsubishi Debonair will do, or for full unicorn status a Hyundai Grandeur.

1024px-20101003_hyundai_grandeur_001.jpg

Hyundai Equus FTW.

Okay, how many bollocks do you require and can I please keep one kidney? I'd give them both to own this fine motor conveyance but fear I would die before collection could be arranged which rather defeats the object! It is EPIC!!!! I have looked at these before, years ago and they were always advertised as 'non runner' or 'gearbox fault' which rather put me (cowardice has run in my family for decades... fortunately!) but that looks a cracker and I WANT IT NOW!!!!!!!!

Jammy git. :)

Regards Electric windows,a lot of Japanese cars when the safety switch is in cuts power to all but the drivers window and can't even operate them from master switches on driver's door. I'd hazard a guess that something is dislodged or it may run through passenger motor for a return feed to the switchgear? I know it's obvious and I'm not insulting your intelligence but you have made sure the safety switch isn't on haven't you?

Okay, how many bollocks do you require and can I please keep one kidney? I'd give them both to own this fine motor conveyance but fear I would die before collection could be arranged which rather defeats the object! It is EPIC!!!! I have looked at these before, years ago and they were always advertised as 'non runner' or 'gearbox fault' which rather put me (cowardice has run in my family for decades... fortunately!) but that looks a cracker and I WANT IT NOW!!!!!!!!

Jammy git. :)

You sir, have unpeckable taste.

Regards Electric windows,a lot of Japanese cars when the safety switch is in cuts power to all but the drivers window and can't even operate them from master switches on driver's door. I'd hazard a guess that something is dislodged or it may run through passenger motor for a return feed to the switchgear? I know it's obvious and I'm not insulting your intelligence but you have made sure the safety switch isn't on haven't you?

I hanvt checked anything yet fella so its a good place to start.