Nissan Maxima 3.0 V6

Jim Bell

Just home. 200 plus a few. A very enjoyable drive.

post-5435-0-88427000-1525710192_thumb.jpg

In some areas the car seems brand new. The back seats and some of the cubbys look like theyve never been used.

post-5435-0-51302000-1525710398_thumb.jpg

post-5435-0-74956000-1525710423_thumb.jpg

post-5435-0-18435000-1525710446_thumb.jpg

post-5435-0-34905900-1525710474_thumb.jpg

Its absolutely comfortable. The velour on the seats is the softest thing Ive ever felt on a car interior and the seats are 5 way adjustable (power 2 way).

Its well equiped with heated power mirrors, ew all round, cruise, auto climate, electric ariel, slide unt tilt sunrood, headlight washers too.

Pushing cruise.
post-5435-0-32178700-1525710702_thumb.jpg

post-5435-0-17025600-1525710744_thumb.jpg

Came with original brochure. Torn.

post-5435-0-60661500-1525710783_thumb.jpg

post-5435-0-21289100-1525710809_thumb.jpg

Gearbox has economy and sport modes modes, with an overdrive.

Pressing the load pedal hard picks you up by the pubes and throws you down the road with a randy bear roaring in you ear. It doesnt half shift.

Be interesting to see what mpgs its serving but I would expect not very good ones.

Its not without fault mind. None of the elecric Windows currently work. Yes. Yes it was hot today. Thankfully the air con is 'cool' and the slide n tilt sunroof does both very well. The PO said that the passengers front regulator was knackered so he took it out. When he removed it, aparently all windows stopped working and the central locking also stopped. He reckons the new motor/regulator in the boot should* sort all of these issues when fitted. I wouldnt be surprised if it didnt.

Also comes with free sprots back box.

post-5435-0-98887300-1525711331_thumb.jpg

Exceptional purchase, always loved those.

There's an old boy on my estate with a slightly pimped "giffer style" Toyota Camry V6, my guess is he's owned it from new as well, they're another big keep car I always liked the look of, trouble is I have no real use for it at all...... So I'd best have a chat with the old boy to let him know I'm interested.

Most Brits ignored such vehicles I think due to the perceived huge losses after they drove off the forecourt, I seem to remember the Maxima being a particularly bad one, something like 45-50% lost immediately?

But IMO those people missed a good point, if you bought one of the big Jap cars back then and used even a minor level of maintenance to keep it on the road, it would have outlasted a Granada or an Omega I'm certain, let alone anything France or Italy had to offer, probably even outlasted the Swedes although maybe not as exciting as any of the above, still an excellent steer.

I think that's one worth keeping for a while, looks REALLY well looked after to me.

Gearbox has economy and sport modes modes, with an overdrive.

Pressing the load pedal hard picks you up by the pubes and throws you down the road with a randy bear roaring in you ear. It doesnt half shift.

Be interesting to see what mpgs its serving but I would expect not very good ones.

Its not without fault mind. None of the elecric Windows currently work. Yes. Yes it was hot today. Thankfully the air con is 'cool' and the slide n tilt sunroof does both very well. The PO said that the passengers front regulator was knackered so he took it out. When he removed it, aparently all windows stopped working and the central locking also stopped. He reckons the new motor/regulator in the boot should* sort all of these issues when fitted. I wouldnt be surprised if it didnt.

Also comes with free sprots back box.

20180507_141501.jpg

I have window repair parts if needed Ben. Happy to come up for a spannering session

From Wikipedia...

It now featured the 160 hp (119 kW), 3.0-liter VG30E V6, with the 190 hp (142 kW), VE30DE unit standard on the SE model starting in 1991. In the United States, the VG30E engine, which featured a variable intake manifold on both automatic and manual transmission models, was used on all 1989 to 1994 GXE models and 1989 to 1991 SE models. This generation Maxima was fitted with an independent rear suspension, and continued to offer the road scanning, electronic Super Sonic Suspension (sonar). An interesting feature was the digital touch entry system on the GXE (in conjunction with the new Luxury Package), which allowed the windows to be lowered and the moon roof opened from outside the vehicle on a keypad integrated on the front door handle without the key in the ignition.

The VE30DE engine was exclusively offered on the 1992–1994 Maxima SE. It was a 3.0-liter, 24 valve, DOHC motor. Its iron block was topped with aluminum cylinder heads and featured a dual length intake manifold (5-speed model only), variable intake valve timing, coil on plug ignition, plus a limited-slip differential. The VE30DE was rated at 190 hp (142 kW) at 5600 rpm and 190 lb⋅ft (258 N⋅m) at 4000 rpm, and had a 6500 rpm redline. The SE models can be further distinguished from the GXE by their white-faced gauges, twisted-spoke turbine wheels (.5 inch wider than GXE wheels and similar in design to wheels offered on the Z31 300ZX), body-colored grille, twin-tip mufflers, factory-tinted tail lights, black trim replacing chrome, firmer sport suspension, and optional 5-speed manual transmission. The automatic transmission on all GXEs (RE4F02A) was an innovative compact unit from Jatco, which featured "sport" and "comfort" modes that shifted at different points. The 1992 to 1994 SE received an optional automatic transmission (RE4F04V) that had stronger internals, but kept the "sport" and "comfort" modes. The SE also had a rear spoiler and black side mirrors, whereas the GXE has body-color side mirrors.

You keep buying cars that couldn't possibly be topped, thus proving that there is no such thing as an untoppable car. That said, I really haven't the faintest how you will top this.

Somewhere in the latter stages of the development of the Maxima someone must have looked at the dashboard and said:

'Isn't this all a bit functional? Boring even?'

post-5435-0-61366600-1525699384.jpg

After numerous committee meetings, revised design sketches, costings from suppliers of the world's finest walnut veneers and Connolly leathers, Toyota decided:

'We'll just change the font on the dash clocks.'

post-5435-0-88427000-1525710192.jpg

As ever, the Shitpeas purchase quality index sets a high bar.

Somewhere in the latter stages of the development of the Maxima someone must have looked at the dashboard and said:

'Isn't this all a bit functional? Boring even?'

post-5435-0-61366600-1525699384.jpg

After numerous committee meetings, revised design sketches, costings from suppliers of the world's finest walnut veneers and Connolly leathers, Toyota decided:

'We'll just change the font on the dash clocks.'

post-5435-0-88427000-1525710192.jpg

As ever, the Shitpeas purchase quality index sets a high bar.

Theyre not ALL function over form.  They have a sense of humour too.  The Cruise Control ON button is BEHIND the steering wheel, so you cant even see it unless youre on full lock or have the height adjustable steering wheel at its lowest position.

The pranky japesters.