Nissan Maxima 3.0 V6

Jim Bell

Yeah but the quotes Ive got have always been unaffordable. Like 1500 quid. They want the lot up front too. Might give them another try though. Who are you with man?

Tradewise do 2 months up front then 10 monthly payments, also allow part time/ no premises car sales, although with your turnover of stock you probably do more than most full time traders.

Tradewise do 2 months up front then 10 monthly payments, also allow part time/ no premises car sales, although with your turnover of stock you probably do more than most full time traders.

Cheers fella, my policy is up next month so I might give them a bellski and see what they say.

Isn’t it 3rd party only on anything over 15yrs? This might just be chinese whisper that I read on FB, but there certainly seemed to be something that worked against people like us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isn’t it 3rd party only on anything over 15yrs? This might just be chinese whisper that I read on FB, but there certainly seemed to be something that worked against people like us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes , although it might be 25 years . I've got fully comp up to £10,000 per vehicle mainly because I also use it to cover specified owned cars( although remember you only get trade value , even if down as an owned personal car) The only cars that have come back as " Classic car, hence 3rd party only" when I've added them online, were an 89 Audi 100 and a 57 Land Rover. Others up to 23 years old went on the normal fully comp.

My policy also only covers kit cars and lhd 3rd party and no motorbikes at all - all things that used to be covered when I first started with them 15 years ago.

Generally unless you pay a lot for very specific cover you’re going to get dicked if you try to claim - not really a problem if you’re rocking a bunch of old shite though

I think I would only ever claim if I was seriously injured. Theres no point on sub £500 jewels of the net.

I don't know you.

But I will assume that you don't get through ladies at the same rate as vee-hicles.

However, if I'm wrong, it may be worth you visiting the quack for a quick safety test downstairs. Turnover of 500+ annually has got to bring some unpleasantness, in amongst the smilenessness.

WilsonWilson - message me and I’ll introduce you to the company I’m with - they will take payment monthly or (the way I do it as it expires at the end of November and with December being an expensive months - I have three birthdays as well as Christmas to pay for) they split it for me over Dec 1st, Jan 1st and then last payment on 1st Feb.

I am 28 and have hi performance so can drive quite literally anything. Could drive a Bugatti Veyron outside and I’m covered.

Urrrgh. Why would anyone want more than one woman? Theyre hard work.

My elderly neighbour would argue why would anyone want more than one car in a month. She’s a miserable old dear.

As for women, I’ve managed to retain mine for almost 15 years so far - I could only dream of keeping a car that long.

Sorry for the tangent anyhow. Hopefully the new owner will keep us updated on Maxima.

Yeah but the quotes Ive got have always been unaffordable. Like 1500 quid. They want the lot up front too. Might give them another try though. Who are you with man?

I can't remember to be honest without checking, I use a broker called Hansford insurance based in Bradford who sort me out the best deal on renewal time, so the company can, and does change annually!

they're on 01274734438, and I get monthly payments for an "affordable" smoll premium, with the odd exclusion, like motorbikes and supercars, but that doesn't bother me with my meagre budget :)

You need to offer car collectioning services akin to Mr Sterling to feed your habit without the capital outlay.

I’d like to do that too, will collect chod and deliver to you for travel and pie costs

I also have a trade policy so non of that nasty insurance to worry about either.

Guest Hooli

My elderly neighbour would argue why would anyone want more than one car in a month. She’s a miserable old dear.

As for women, I’ve managed to retain mine for almost 15 years so far - I could only dream of keeping a car that long.

Sorry for the tangent anyhow. Hopefully the new owner will keep us updated on Maxima.

I've never kept a woman for more than seven years (& the last five might have been a mistake) still got two motorbikes I've owned over eleven years with no plans to change..

• 2 weeks later...

The fateful day hath arrived and the Maxima will be off with its new owner today.

post-5435-0-28812800-1526808019_thumb.jpeg

post-5435-0-20257100-1526808107_thumb.jpeg

Its a grand old boat and I hope is does the new owner well.

Before its away, I gave it one last run to the shops to get some provisions. The buyer has a long drive home so Ive popped some essentials in the passenger footwell.

post-5435-0-98933500-1526808225_thumb.jpg

post-5435-0-88495500-1526808248_thumb.jpg

It was me, 180 miles or so home covered in velour air conditioned comfort.

I have a small to do list, mainly sorting out the borked electric windows etc (switch unit apparently) and clonky suspension. 

The ride isn't as smooth as I would expect from such a prestige automobile, I'm thinking it might be related to the low speed knock from rear suspension, which might be torsion bars ... No I haven't looked yet.

A+++ seller would buy used Japanese executive car from again.

• 1 month later...

Ok, this should be up for grabs if anyone is interested … Its still the same, occasional clonk on rear suspension and windows don't work, but a/c does.

Its currently on loan to a mate but should be returning this weekend. I'll do a proper ad when I get it back.

I paid WW £900 for this (possibly the most he's ever sold a car for) and would like similar back.

That said, I could be interested in a deal with something interesting and legal, cash either way.

Ok, this should be up for grabs if anyone is interested … Its still the same, occasional clonk on rear suspension and windows don't work, but a/c does.

Its currently on loan to a mate but should be returning this weekend. I'll do a proper ad when I get it back.

I paid WW £900 for this (possibly the most he's ever sold a car for) and would like similar back.

That said, I could be interested in a deal with something interesting and legal, cash either way.

I'll have you know I've sold a Morris Oxford for £1600 once! Sadly, it was probably worth about 3 grand.

The Maxima is up near the top of my list value wise though.  Its a lovely car to drive, the MOT history is superb and with the window panel sorted it'd be such a tremendous car.  Its quick too. And unreasonably clean all over.

Sims00 may be your man here, he was certainly interested last time round.

I did find a couple of replacement window switch units for a rhd J30 Maxima in Aus, but they were a bit scruffy, which I didn't think would look right in the car, so I was holding out for better one.

I can pass details of the breakers in Aus that had the switches.

edit Cheers for changing the tag Jim … I'll do a proper ad when I get it back and can do some fresh pics.