Ford KA gone to KA heaven

Marm Toastsmith

• 7 months later...

I've still got this. Christ.

Sale above didn't happen and I still haven't pulled my finger out of my arse to do anything about it.

I really should scrap it - they're offering £126 to pick it up. But I'm having a mental block about it. Also because it's at my mother in law's I'd probably have to go over there and hang around all day to wait for collection.

Will need a starter motor. Also a tyre (one has been flat for a while) and a battery. May need a patch or 2 for the MOT, but doesn't look completely rotten, and I don't think it's had any welding or paint in the past. Probably no worse than many patched up examples still on the road.

I reckon you could get it through for a couple of hundred quid. Drove really nice on the way to being parked up a year and a half ago. 

Maybe I'll take an up to date pic of the crusty bits. I could even poke at them and see how bad they are. OTOH, maybe it's best not to poke anything that a sympathetic tester wouldn't.

£75 will get it running and rolling again using a battery from a local breaker, a used hoop and a £35 quid starter motor. 

Yeah, or a little less if we just pump up the tyre, or swap the spare over...

...in fact it would possibly start with the existing starter motor. Was intermittently not catching. Would go off a bump!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...