Daewoo Lanos. SELT

Jim Bell

Guest Hooli

I'm sure I've the original Daewoo brochures somewhere.

A 2.0 8v would be a laugh dropped in a Nexia.

Was that the Mk2 Astra shaped one?

If so I knew one once that got used to reshell a crashed Redtop Astray GTE with several bits of tweakage, most amusing as they'd left it looking like a giffer mobile.

Well fuck me if this little car hasnt decided to cheer itself up a bit.

post-5435-0-86030200-1526137812_thumb.jpg

Just had it out for a run. No banging, no pulling to the left, coasting a lot better. Put a palm on the wheels after a run and the passenger front is still warmer than the rest, but not hot like it was last time I drove it. Maybe its decided to meet me half way. Caliper and discs/pads are on the way so should be in fine enough fettle soon.

With the MYSTERY ROFFLE action incoming, I need to clear the decks. I thought I'd see if theres any interest in the Lanos before Gumtree.

1999/2000 Daewoo Lanos 1.6.

72k miles.

MOT November 2018.

3 door with rear pop out windows.

Electric Mirror.

Electric Windows.

PAS.

ABS.

Central Locking.

Alloy wheels.

Air Con but it doesnt work.

Sony stereo but its a but of a psychopath. Boot changer with no cartridge that proably doesnt work.

Viarable intermittent wiper.

Two keys!

Comes with new discs/pads and a reconditioned passenger front calliper from Big Red.

The calliper on that wheel has eased right up with use and barely even drags any more. Guess its still worth changing if youre doing the discs and pads but its no impedance to use, car coasts fine, brakes work fine.

Located North East England NE34.

£250.

(Seriously, are they not doing the whole “we think you’re a trader because you keep changing car” thing?)

No insurance company has ever said anything like that to me man. But quotes for policies are sometimes oddly sky high.

Deffo going for a trade policy at the end of my current single car one though.

Knowing someone who is after one of the Government's favourite fuelled machines, oooops, u turn, Demon Dirty Diesel, I had to check the engine options on these, all Pez.

I then noticed that they were market as the Doninvest Assol in a certain country......

Don'tInvest Asshole.........spend your money more wiseley on a Roffle