Where Are They Now?

Mr Lobster

Thought that the idea of a thread of various ponderings on the fate of our own or other noteable cars and their subsequent lives once they have left these shores might be of interest. 

Which allows me to kick off with the question of, what happened to this?

I bought it at a couple of years old and ran it for 10 years. It remains the best all round car I ever owned. Sold to trigger of this parish a couple of years back, then sold around the forum a bit but then vanished. Not MOT'd, no tax and not insured now so it doesn't look good. I should have bought it back last year but at the time didn't have any need and well, you know the rest but I still miss it...

10497466855_a62471f410_c.jpgSeat Toledo 20VT by David, on Flickr

Thought that the idea of a thread of various ponderings on the fate of our own or other noteable cars and their subsequent lives once they have left these shores might be of interest. 

Which allows me to kick off with the question of, what happened to this?

I bought it at a couple of years old and ran it for 10 years. It remains the best all round car I ever owned. Sold to trigger of this parish a couple of years back, then sold around the forum a bit but then vanished. Not MOT'd, no tax and not insured now so it doesn't look good. I should have bought it back last year but at the time didn't have any need and well, you know the rest but I still miss it...

10497466855_a62471f410_c.jpgSeat Toledo 20VT by David, on Flickr

MOT only ran out four days ago. Having said that, tax ended July last year. Weird.

All cars owned by me seemed to go only one way - straight to the scrappies, collect £20.

I was renowned amongst my friends for driving a car to its death, usually anywhere between a day (Cavalier) and a month (Estelle) of owning it.

The Streetwise is different - not put a foot wrong in 11 months so far, so touch plastic this one should be a keeper.

PT Cruiser ? Roffle territory - will be shifted on once I get a suitable luxobarge most likely.