From a van to a wagon. New wheels>>Tssssssshhhhhhhhhhh

Cavcraft

Oh well, I supposed it fitted the bill just nicely:

Live on a council estate? Check.

Short hair and tattoos? Check.

Have a very big telly? Check.

Clean cars without my shirt on whilst car stereo pumps out banging choons? Check.

So what's missing then?

This I thought so promptly did a deal on it with my beloved Transit van last night...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

It's the full council estate spec too: big spacky 'split rim look-a-like' wheels, one of those stupid things that goes 'tisssssssshhhhhhh' when you welt it and change gear, some sort of digital thing that counts down from 30 seconds when you take the key out and keeps the engine running, FUGGING MASS-EEF exhaust, pimped out back windows and some GROSS wanky genuine carbon fibre replica door pillar pod with boost guage and some sort of temperature dial that doesn't work.

Gave it large today (it'd be rude not to), handed someone in a BMW their arse on a plate at the lights and revelled at what happens when the turbo kicks in. Fair play for an old thing it doesn't half go and the absolute icing on the cake is that my kids love it and my missus hates it 8)

Fair play - you've just ripped the shit out of yourself way better than I could have done! I'm going to write "Bingo Armour" down for later use.These things are on the cusp, a lot of the twats are moving on to other things now so you don't look as much of a twat as you might have done last year. Keep it a while and you'll be fine.At least it's not blue, with 555 decals and gold wheels.

What engine has it? What would that have set you back at market value?I've decided that my next vehicular movements will be 2 cars totalling no more than a bag of sand for the pair, the first should be incredibly dull but dependable for commuting & the other should be an absolute hoot, a toy for the weekend, something I deem desirable! I've always made the mistake of purely seeking out a car that I like & forcing it to cover all bases, when it should be horses for courses. I'd love something like this for my weekend toy! 8)

Council estate you say? [sweeping generalisation]You do realise that your house door's gonna last about ten minutes with that thing parked outside?[/sweeping generalisation] :P

I like it too!Like Pete-M, I bought a Volvo instead, but looked at a few of these first, but SWMBO said a big NO to gold wheels, and all that I looked at had them. And frankly I can't be arsed arguing with the old bag anymore....

My FIL's mate brought a brand new RB320 a coupe of years ago with all the extra's, cost nearly £40.2 years and 3000 miles later he's now trying to sell it but can't even get £25k for it.Just thought i'd add that little story... :)

Can't say a bad word about them (is there anything bad with them??). Such a massive pity they have such a massive chavvy image problem. I'd have one in a flash though.You'll be needing to repeatedly cruise around that cobbled lane that cuts through Chester town centre at 11pm now. ;)

Er, what's this about a transit? Please tell me you didn't swap a transit for THAT! Unless you got eleventy grand in cash as well, you were done....

Ah, well. I had a 1996 Transit swb diesel with a bit of tax and test and swapped it. I did love the Transit (though I hated it at first) but I wasn't going to turn that deal down. *And I might be doing a deal on this with another newer Transit too all being well.Regie: 2.0 turbo, I think it's something like a flat four engine or something like that?XR1984: It's ok dude, I've lived on council estates for 20 odd years now on and off :D Missus already asked me not to pick her up from work in it. But surely that's a challenge, not a request? :lol:

Yeah, don't really fancy a newer shape one as I'm scared off by their alleged problems. I keep hearing about dual mass flywheels being major bad news and not too many people I've talked to rate the newer Transits full stop.

If I have a clutch go, I replace the clutch. End of. When I first heard my mate had to have a fly wheel and a new starter cos his clutch went, I thought he was being ripped off. And don't get me on the rust that's turned up on 3 year olds....

Rust on 3 year old Fords is nothing new though, is it?

It isn't. Rust on Foci that 'don't rust' is also not unusual. Billy, that 30 second timer thing will be a turbo timer so that fresh oil can circulate through the turbo and its bearings are preserved.My tame Saabist Scottish Andy informs me that turbo timers are bollocks.

My tame Saabist Scottish Andy informs me that turbo timers are bollocks.

They're handy on a track car, or if you drive like you're on the track. Switching the engine off with a glowing hot turbo will kipper the seals and could eventually crack the housing by cooling down to quickly.Normally though just not driving like you've got the police on your tail for the last mile before home does the same thing.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted :lol:

Gone today and replaced by (awaits showers of praise from Fred) erm, another Transit. This time a lwb six stud 'heayweight wagon wheel' version with a fair bit of test on it.

I also got this in with the deal...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

...which is nice.

600cc. Been a while since I've had a bike on the road so could be interesting if I get this legal.Sod's law it will piss down like you say now!

I also got this in with the deal...

Posted Image

...which is nice.

Oooooh, yes a nice Fazer, of course a 1000 would have been much nicer amd less buzzy to ride, but still a lot of fun.

Genisis donkey has triple intake vaves and something in the twin exhausts to keep the back pressure up at lower revs - I seem to remember this can cause issues at tickover if it carks but is easy enough to fix.