1957 Morris Minor For Sale

Tickman

I am putting this up here as Gumtree can be hit and miss. It is up for £1850 elsewhere but a shitters discount would apply. It is best described as a running resto, If someone painted it then I think it would jump quite a bit in price.

The words below are literally copied from the Gumtree ad.

1957 Morris Minor for sale, this is the model after the splitscreen but still with the clap hand wipers. 
I bought this as a non runner a few years ago, the previous owner had done quite a bit of welding to it over several years and had finally realised that it was never going to be done. The engine which is a 948cc has been rebuilt and runs really nicely, the gearbox is in good condition and I have not noticed any crunching and does not jump out of gear. 
It has had all brake parts replaced and has been updated to the later light lenses, this was done by the previous owner for safety. 
The four wings are new fiberglass wings. 

It is currently sat in a queue of projects to make it look pretty but my Triumph Toledo and my wife's Minor are ahead of it in the queue so it would be at least a year before it gets done. 

Unfortunately the ugly reality of money has reared its head so it has to move on. 

The interior is present with the seats being tired and the old carpet long gone, there is some new sound deadening and new door seals to go with it. 

I have to replace the steering rack gaiters as the old ones have torn with use, this should be done this week. 

If you have any questions then please ask as I will have forgotten lots of information. 
Any viewing is more than welcome. 

It is a quite tidy car that is looking a bit shabby. 
It will no doubt need some more work as it starts to get used more but all of the running issues I have found have been addressed. 

The last picture is part of the boot lid that I polished back and it has come up with quite a nice shine. 

The price is open to offers but I would prefer that people viewed the car as one person's opinion is different to another. 

The car is located in Forfar near the town center. 

As it is pre 1960 it is MOT exempt and is on historic tax so that is free.

And some pictures:

post-17457-0-49117900-1524492770_thumb.jpg

post-17457-0-11854800-1524492775_thumb.jpg

post-17457-0-67387600-1524492778_thumb.jpg

post-17457-0-56514300-1524492781_thumb.jpg

post-17457-0-73877800-1524492783_thumb.jpg

post-17457-0-23206700-1524492788_thumb.jpg

post-17457-0-90228200-1524492792_thumb.jpg

post-17457-0-22401000-1524492798_thumb.jpg

post-17457-0-33613500-1524492800_thumb.jpg

post-17457-0-82025500-1524492802_thumb.jpg

post-17457-0-71413300-1524492804_thumb.jpg

post-17457-0-27000400-1524492807_thumb.jpg

So anyone even remotely interested? 

Given that all four replacement steel heritage wings on mine have rotted since 2012 despite a vigorous anti-corrosion campaign potential buyers should view GRP as a positive bonus.   I really hope this car rewards the effort put into it by being pressed into daily use.   Sadly my piggy-bank of slightly less than the asking price will have to be spent keeping the faith with my two cars.   I would rock that little 2 door otherwise - GLWTS.   

ps - it goes without saying - Do Not Paint or Re-Trim.

Given that all four replacement steel heritage wings on mine have rotted since 2012 despite a vigorous anti-corrosion campaign potential buyers should view GRP as a positive bonus.   I really hope this car rewards the effort put into it by being pressed into daily use.   Sadly my piggy-bank of slightly less than the asking price will have to be spent keeping the faith with my two cars.   I would rock that little 2 door otherwise - GLWTS.   

ps - it goes without saying - Do Not Paint or Re-Trim.

So the Heritage wings haven't done too well, that is a worry with the cost of them!

Looks like an honest example at a decent price. GLWTS.

Glad I didn't shell out for 4 x heritage wings when I was doing mine up a few years ago! To be fair, I couldn't afford them. I "repaired" my best two metal wings, bought a new fibreglass wing for the rear and found a well used but ok fibreglass wing for the front in the back of a wrecked Traveller  at Car Transplants for £10. Those were the days.

Ditto all the comments. I'd put some grey primer on the wings and wipe the rest over with WD40. Tax and MoT exempt - a lot of fun. I've too many cars already but good luck with the sale. Someone, maybe not you, could do a 'documentary' on here on their car sale - ups and downs ...and downs...anyway hope it is an easy sale to a proper person.

Lovely old thing. Looks like someone has plate raped the old girl at some point, so at least it won’t be bought purely for taking bits off, and punting on. I bet that interior smells fantastic (unless you’re a vegetabletarian car driver - was that here or the blue forum?)

What’s the crack with the headlights then - should it be a lowlight?

* Edit: Wonkypedia states lowlights ended in '51. Looking again, the front sides/ indicators and rear clusters look the same as my old '69 Moggie thou.

Headlights are correct, sidelights and rear lights should be as thus:

Morris_Minor_1000_2-Door_Saloon_1958.jpg

Morris%20Minor%20Series%20III%201962%204

The ones fitted are from a post 1964 car which feature combined indicators. GR8 4 SAFETY but less elegant. 

I had a 59 back in the day. Many including me changed the lights to indicators.

Existing things never worked unless you banged them and that's difficult on the nearside.

Even when they come out no one sees them, it's positively dangerous to do a turn.

The F/G wings are a no for me though.

I would paint it from the roof down with those jumbo rattle cans to make it all one colour and T Cut the bonnet and roof. I don't like over restored cars but as I'm not some scruffy herbert, I dislike tatty shit looking cars.

It's lasted 60 years and deserves to look half decent. 

I like tatty cars that are solid, but I am sure the buying public agree with you.

Care to mention a finger in the air figure?

(I happen to have a spray booth......)

A shiny well presented car will go for £3,000 upwards. If I was buying a £3,000 car I would be expecting work as well.

I'd have that in a heartbeat, it's lovely. Unfortunately I'd have to use business money and resell it later so there's no profit in it.

*looks outside at the eight or so cars ahead of it in the queue*

Er.. yeah and that.  :shock:

I have a queue also which is why the movement is required.

I am/may*  be interested but will have to juggle the numbers, are you open to swapsies/begging? Collection may be interesting.

Swapsies are not a possible unfortunately, begging I have never had previously in a car sale!

I am looking for another Minor as a rolling resto,and definitely wouldn't paint.but I think the moon is slightly closer,and unless discount is £££ then it's out of my reach :-(

Being realistic if £1,500 arrived then the car would leave, at that point I am fairly sure I am not loosing for once. I may be mistaken with the not losing part!

Lovely old thing. Looks like someone has plate raped the old girl at some point, so at least it won’t be bought purely for taking bits off, and punting on. I bet that interior smells fantastic (unless you’re a vegetabletarian car driver - was that here or the blue forum?)

* Edit: Wonkypedia states lowlights ended in '51. Looking again, the front sides/ indicators and rear clusters look the same as my old '69 Moggie thou.

The plate came off in December and went back to the previous owner (was part of the deal when buying it) as you can now take a plate off a MOT exempt car after an identity check (the cars not mine)

This really is all kinds of lovely.

Swap 4 MX5 plus CZ plus ‘79 Fender USA built bullet? How’s that for a niche offer?

Quite a niche offer indeed which unfortunately I shall have to decline, space is at a premium and I keep fucking filling it!

Headlights are correct, sidelights and rear lights should be as thus:

Morris_Minor_1000_2-Door_Saloon_1958.jpg

Morris%20Minor%20Series%20III%201962%204

The ones fitted are from a post 1964 car which feature combined indicators. GR8 4 SAFETY but less elegant. 

Spot on, some of the original lights are present but probably knackered. It had a new loom fitted and this is for the later lights.