Scrappage Scheme---possible next victim

RENOMAD

Saw this lovely old 280SE on EBAY. Seller makes no bones about the fact that he wants £2000 at least, or he says he will get that on a trade in---hope he is not referring to the scrappage but I assume he is.

If he could be persuaded to sell for 1500 and get a discount on his possible new purchase????????

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1981-MERCEDES-280 ... 7C294%3A50

Try this, I have sent it to a few people, nothing to loose....

Nice example, why scrap it? If you use it for scrappage you know that's what will happen. If you walk into any car dealer, and ask for a discount, these days you will get it. Get a grand off a new car (without scrappage), sell this one for a very reasonable grand, and the numbers are the same. Surely this makes more sense?Unless of course the scrappage angle was just a stress inducing marketing ploy?

Try this, I have sent it to a few people, nothing to loose....

Nice example, why scrap it? If you use it for scrappage you know that's what will happen. If you walk into any car dealer, and ask for a discount, these days you will get it. Get a grand off a new car (without scrappage), sell this one for a very reasonable grand, and the numbers are the same. Surely this makes more sense?Unless of course the scrappage angle was just a stress inducing marketing ploy?

Or how about:take the £1500, forget the reserve, and get £2000 discount off the new car anyway. You tool ...