Gumtree Wonders.

Shirley Knott

Do you lot have a thread dedicated to poorly worded/badly written Gumtree adverts? (If so and I've missed it then apologies/mods please delete etc etc)

During my usual early morning scroll through the prospects I stumbled across this gem...

https://www.gumtree.com/p/audi/audi-a4/1295857482

"motor beats perfectly has full stories has the hardly changed emoticons the disc has until august."

The idea that someone read that back and thought, 'That'll do' frankly saddens me :shock:

I could probably find lots more like this but I've got a car to go and look at. It's got hardly changed emoticons/disc till august so I'm going to have to get there quickly ;)

I love those that are usually something like a time expired Mondeo diesel and the ad will go 'glow plug light flashin but my m8 whose a mecanic says its just need a nu glow plug £5 from scrappy'

Fuck off you bottom feeder. Its scrap.

The background is a big clue as to the owner being an absolute helmet, a score of crosser bikes and a garden full of old beds and shit points to an idiot. Shitty cars and shitty people go hand in hand.

Balls.

I suspected this topic may have been a duplicate *Gets coat* 

No worries, take that coat off, it'll probably* won't be snowing again until next Tuesday. 

On this board folks tend to put daft Gumtree eBay Autotrader eBid Spock etc posts into the same pot.  The main eBay thread is the busiest

Oh, and welcome.  32 posts in already  8)

Just advertised Focus on Bumtree. I'll keep you updated with the offers to swap it for fucked laptops or just simply offers of '100 m8 its only worf dat'

It would be worth putting a fake advert on Scumtree with a PAYG number just to field calls from idiots and then just insult them for a laugh.

Woss ur best price pal - 'more than you've got you thick cunt'.

https://www.gumtree.com/p/audi/audi-a4/1295857482

"motor beats perfectly has full stories has the hardly changed emoticons the disc has until august."

The idea that someone read that back and thought, 'That'll do' frankly saddens me icon_eek.gif

I could probably find lots more like this but I've got a car to go and look at. It's got hardly changed emoticons/disc till august so I'm going to have to get there quickly wink.png

Begs the question how on Earth this seller can sucessfully apply for a driving licence? If indeed s/he has one in the first place.

I found a good one on Car&Classic this morning. I thought it was a European ad due to the poor English but the car is brit registered and is being sold in Bedfordshire.

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C962888

^ Also click this for hot early 1970s Citroen DS action!!

What's wrong with Gumtree?

It's free to use. I sold our old Civic there 18 months ago: 3 calls, two visits, two offers, one of them good enough, cash there and then, no comeback.

Adverts have always been a source of amusement as well as endless fascination, particularly to those of us who can splel, but if I want to buy your CX I won't care if your idioms are unfamiliar or computer generated and you've advertised a Citreon Palace.

No worries, take that coat off, it'll probably* won't be snowing again until next Tuesday. 

On this board folks tend to put daft Gumtree eBay Autotrader eBid Spock etc posts into the same pot.  The main eBay thread is the busiest

Oh, and welcome.  32 posts in already  8)

Cheers.

Thus far I'm enjoying myself :-D

Gumtree/ageing VAG product/poor spelling.

His name will be Tomasz Dziewięćsetdziewięćdziesięc

Good Sherlocking there RBJ.  ...except Liviu is a common Romanian forename  ;-)

Imagine coming all that way, only to find the Blighty-registered VAG product really is just as VAGshite as the home product.  It would be enough to get yourself stuck in Bedfordshire with a smartphone for company.