Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Grumpy old man thread

• Please log in to reply
80255 replies to this topic

#80251 ONLINE   Hooli

Hooli

• Full Members
  • 11,126 posts
  • 126 thanks
  • LocationNr Doncaster

Posted Today, 10:20 AM

Update my excellent* trip so far.

My bike is in Austria and has been diagnosed by the garage. It's got a failed stator, oddly exactly what I said sat when it broke. Parts take five days to order so it seems I'll get flown home and then back to collect it once fixed.
This trip really hasn't worked out well. I'll have to pay for parts and I know that'll be over £300 as I priced one about four years ago, last time it burnt out.

Thank fuck for the breakdown cover though. It's free from Carole Nash and apart from the Italian office has been excellent.
  • Kiltox likes this

#80252 ONLINE   GrumpiusMaximus

GrumpiusMaximus

• Full Members
  • 1,155 posts
  • 16 thanks
  • LocationCanterbury(ish), Kent

Posted Today, 10:32 AM

Can you not buy indemnity for this sort of thing?

You certainly can and that's the point of it but if I don't have to and there are other options, why would I?

In our instance, it may have meant losing two large, permanent sheds, a covered car parking space and a conservatory.  Not playing that game. 

Chancel repair liability wasn't one on our list but then at least there isn't a risk associated with it...

#80253 OFFLINE   sierraman

sierraman

• Full Members
  • 8,710 posts
  • 68 thanks

Posted Today, 10:42 AM

Out of all the vehicles to use for a ram raid, it wouldn’t be a Maestro diesel van.

#80254 ONLINE   barefoot

barefoot

• Full Members
  • 3,436 posts
  • 10 thanks
  • Locationthe East Mid - Lands

Posted Today, 11:12 AM

Not so much grumpy old man as embarrassed old man.

Yesterday I momentarily drove like a twat, through a gap that wasn't as big as I thought it was, causing me to have to drive through it much faster than I should have done. Someone hooted at me and I am ashamed of myself. I shouldn't still be doing stuff like that at my age.

94110.png94111.png94112.png439963.png717308.png

#80255 ONLINE   omegod

omegod

• Full Members
  • 1,835 posts
  • 22 thanks
  • LocationLiverpool

Posted Today, 11:18 AM

Just had a lovely week in Lanzarote, fantastic hotel and weather, why grump you may ask? got home knackered at 3 am and whilst approaching and opening the front door and one noticed a strange whiff, ones hand was reaching for the light switch as one recognised said whiff ..GAS, the house was completely rammed with it 

Turned out FIL had been down to drop some milk and bread off that morning and gave the hob a wipe over, inadvertently knocking one of the rings on full wack which had been merrily blasting away for 15 hrs,  Managed to oped all the doors and windows and legged it as it was becoming a bit overbearing, family sat in the car and I called BG emergency number and ,good enough 2 lads turned up 40 mins later and sniffed the house with a gadget by which time it had vented. Got a free carbon monoxide detector off them too. We won't mention the whole affair to FIL  as he would feel awful but rather a close shave! I'll turn the main gas off next time.

• Hooli likes this

#80256 ONLINE   Hooli

Hooli

• Full Members
  • 11,126 posts
  • 126 thanks
  • LocationNr Doncaster

Posted Today, 11:18 AM

Not so much grumpy old man as embarrassed old man.

Yesterday I momentarily drove like a twat, through a gap that wasn't as big as I thought it was, causing me to have to drive through it much faster than I should have done. Someone hooted at me and I am ashamed of myself. I shouldn't still be doing stuff like that at my age.

Blame those heavy lead boots....

...oh

6 user(s) are reading this topic

5 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Isambard Mousepractice, scaryoldcortina, dollywobbler, Slartibartfast, omegod