Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Grumpy old man thread

• Please log in to reply
77760 replies to this topic

#77371 OFFLINE   Bobthebeard

Bobthebeard

Bobthebeard

• Full Members
  • 4,645 posts
  • 8 thanks
  • LocationDoing a U turn where possible.

Posted 13 June 2018 - 07:01 PM

Is that not everything to do with who you are friends with and nothing to do with the platform?
My newsfeed looks nothing like that. If someone starts being a 2 bob Nigel Farage, I give them the hush for 30 days. If they return as a wannabe John Pienaar, then they’re given the sack and I move on.
It’s fashionable to knock social media platforms. Sadly, it’s people. Everything would be better without people.

Possibly and probably. But having only just logged on after a year or so absence I have no idea. The 'friends' that posted and forwarded that are not my friends any more!
Nervously prodding at rust since 1978

1979 Triumph Dolomite 1850 HL Auto
1991 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme 3.1 V6
1993 Rover 416 SI
2001 Rover 75 2.5 KV6 Connoisseur
2001 Saab 9-3 2.0t Auto Convertible
2002 Saab 9-5 2.3t Auto Estate

#77372 OFFLINE   dave21478

dave21478

• Full Members
  • 3,761 posts
  • 31 thanks
  • LocationFrance

Posted 13 June 2018 - 08:19 PM

a...aam I being tested? 

I just dont know....fucking sick of EVERYTHING these days and for some cosmically perverse reason this is the period that literally everything is failing. I honestly dont know if this is all just normal day to day life and my mood is altering my viewpoint or not but life has gone from just being boringly mediocre to an absolute fucking chore just to be alive. Everywhere I go, people annoy me, get in my way and generally piss me off. Road rage is through the roof as I have become hyper-intolerant of other peoples errors, but fail to notice my own cuntishness.

Every single thing I buy, do, make or just generally touch just fucking falls apart, breaks or otherwise fucks up.....EVERYTHING is broken and its just a fucking non-stop littany or fixing things which has shortened my already short temper to the point where I am having massive fucking rage-outs over relatively small things which invariably end up with me smashing things which really doesnt help does it? and then i just feel fucking worse afterwards;

#77373 OFFLINE   Hooli

Hooli

• Full Members
  • 9,815 posts
  • 109 thanks
  • LocationNr Doncaster

Posted 13 June 2018 - 08:20 PM

Been there, done that. It's no fun at all.

#77374 OFFLINE   xtriple

xtriple

German is better than English!

• Full Members
  • 3,449 posts
  • 14 thanks
  • LocationTorquay Devon

Posted 13 June 2018 - 08:42 PM

I've been there as well! Bloody awful. There is usually an underlying reason which only you will know. Time to have a look at yourself maybe?

#77375 OFFLINE   Nyphur

Nyphur

• Full Members
  • 3,055 posts
  • 24 thanks

Posted 13 June 2018 - 09:02 PM

a...aam I being tested? 

I know its of no help to you, but I'm just out the back of a BAD 6 months of this, and a moderate to middling 12 months before that.

4 things I found helped me:

1) Vitamin D supplements. Placebo, or a decent help - fuck knows

2) Exercise - I started using my turbo trainer and just jumped on it 45 minutes every now and then with some shit on Netflix as a timer. However everyone's fitness level is different and even just a 15 minute stroll could do wonders

3) Cutting down the drink. I do still drink, but not every other night like I was. Tricky to stick to, especially after a soul crushing day, but has definitely helped

4) Saying "fuck it". Yeah that fucking dense cunt has just cut me up and didn't even realise we would have crashed if I didn't brake. Yeah the boss is chewing me out for something way out of my control. Yes this doddering fucker in front of me is weaving all over the place at 1mph in the supermarket so I cant get past them.... Fuck it. What does it matter to me in the long term? Fuck all. I'll have forgotten about it in 10 minutes, and I 'm going to make a conscious decision to not let it ruin my day.

Took me a good 18 months to turn things around and can now see a bit of sky through the clouds. It is absolute shit, and feels like a permanent dark, foggy cloud hanging over everything you do.

I feel like everyone is tested at times, and everyone's tolerance to it is different. My own experience tells me it goes in peaks and troughs, but does get better if you hang in there, and gets better a bit quicker if you can force yourself into making some positive changes.

Again, everyone is different and I wouldn't want to prejudge your circumstances or project on you, but I reckon you can hammer through it and get back on the level.

• chaseracer, myglaren, eddyramrod and 13 others like this

#77376 OFFLINE   anonymous user

anonymous user

• Full Members
  • 4,589 posts
  • 6 thanks
  • LocationAbject Poverty

Posted 13 June 2018 - 10:11 PM

It's not been a wonderful day, I have driven on motorways, been stuck in traffic and then when nearly home had to divert off the closed M4 and drive further away from home to get home. I stupidly decided to use Mr Google to navigate to my intended destination, I knew the first bit so didn't try to set it until the last motorway services. That was a big mistake as Google has decided to die on my phone and take loads of other stuff with it (like my stay signed in passwords) despite switching off and on it's still dead. I had to buy a map (mine is in my Land Rover which I still haven't had back) and then ring for directions at the end (I also bought a pen to write them down). Currently knackered and still wound up from the journey, so can't get to sleep, also possibly suffering from buyer's remorse for something I haven't even paid for yet.

#77377 OFFLINE   SiC

SiC

• Full Members
  • 7,599 posts
  • 70 thanks
  • LocationBristol

Posted 13 June 2018 - 11:11 PM

£730 to insure the two Audis for another year. *sigh* :/

More expensive than last year. The Direct Line renewal quote was actually cheaper than out of all the other quotes I got.
Current Fleet:
1974 MGB GT - A stereotypical classic car.
2007 Honda Civic EX CTDi - The reliable runner that is like the family pet.
2010 Aldi A4 - Owned to placate the wife on my crap buying

My history: 2003 Clio II 1.2 16v (First car), 2003 Honda Civic 3dr 1.7 CTDi (Isuzu lump), 1992 Mazda MX5 1.6, 2005 Mazda RX8 192bhp, 2005 Saab 9-3 1.9TiD 150bhp, 2007 Honda Civic 2.2 CTDi, 2004 Renault Scenic 1.6 Auto (Now Kiltox FiL), 2004 Saab 9-5 2.3t (Now Hooli), 2004 Smart Roadster 80bhp
Wife history (that she used/owned but I had frequent use of): 2002 Renault Clio II 1.2 16v (Billabong!), 2006 Mazda MX5 1.8, 2004 VW Golf 1.6 FSI, 2005 Renault Scenic II 2.0 (went bad from the drive back when buying it!), 2002 Vauxhall Astra 1.6 16v (now phil_lihp ex-colleague), 2005 Renault Laguna II v6 (Now angle)

#77378 OFFLINE   New POD

New POD

Apologising everyday since 1990

• Full Members
  • 4,644 posts
  • 13 thanks
  • LocationFormby - Just around the corner from MikeR

Posted 14 June 2018 - 05:50 AM

Having ditched Facebook a while ago I have just logged in again because work....
This is what greeted me....
No wonder I left. Am leaving again.
Words fail me. Am so annoyed by the shit peddling that goes on. image.png

When will we learn that The Mail and most other tabloids are not fit to wipe ones are with.
  • privatewire, Lacquer Peel, Tamworthbay and 1 other like this

#77379 OFFLINE   dollywobbler

dollywobbler

Mr HubNut

• Full Members
  • 26,623 posts
  • 64 thanks

Posted 14 June 2018 - 06:02 AM

How they get away with inciting racial hatred is utterly beyond me. The sheer amount of racism I see on the internet is thoroughly depressing.
  • trigger, myglaren, privatewire and 7 others like this

1972 Invacar Model 70, 1984 Reliant Fox

1986 Citroen 2CV6, 1990 Dacia 1310

2001 Perodua Nippa
HubNut Blog      HubNut Vids    Twitter

Thanked by 1 Member:
GrumpiusMaximus

#77380 OFFLINE   New POD

New POD

Apologising everyday since 1990

• Full Members
  • 4,644 posts
  • 13 thanks
  • LocationFormby - Just around the corner from MikeR

Posted 14 June 2018 - 06:51 AM

How they get away with inciting racial hatred is utterly beyond me. The sheer amount of racism I see on the internet is thoroughly depressing.

I keep buying private eye and giving it to my father in law.

If he offers any opinion or fact on anything, I often ask "is that true or did you read it in the Mail?"

And recently i have taken to saying "When you voted for brexit what did you think would happen" Last time was when he expressed concern that my job as a freelance manufacturing engineer might be impacted by Land Rover having a plant in Eastern Europe and RR making 4500 people redundant. "We said a vote for Brexit would result in shit happening. And your Grandchildren all asked you to vote remain and now the country is fucked"

harsh? I bought a bottle of scotch for him as he only had 12 bottles and thought he might run out.
  • M'coli and GrumpiusMaximus like this

#77381 OFFLINE   MikeR

MikeR

• Full Members
  • 839 posts
  • 15 thanks
  • LocationFormby

Posted 14 June 2018 - 07:14 AM

his drive way also gets blocked by lazy parents , over the years , some of which I had the pleasure of jamming in by parking across his driveway , and then going in for a cuppa and watching them do a 30 point manoeuvre to get out ....  had some nice smiles off them as well ....

must take my old spare box of Vauxhall locking wheel nuts round next time and share them out ......  and keep the key .....

• myglaren and stonedagain like this

if you loose your cat , a very useful search term is not "lost pussy"

#77382 OFFLINE   Des

Des

• Full Members
  • 2,253 posts
  • 7 thanks
  • LocationWatford

Posted 14 June 2018 - 07:29 AM

You all need to drop the politics here before it kicks off again, you're being played and citing whatever little nugget of propaganda is flavour of the Month will get you nowhere, it's divide and rule bitches. Your vote is worth nothing, surely the not really happening Brexit demonstrates this, democracy is an illusion and truth is all but vanished behind a veil of false flags, manipulation and bullshit.

We're presented with heroes, but under the surface things are very sinister, and the villains appear as the only shred of decency, it's every man for himself and the only thing we can know for certain is that all Vauxhalls are shit. And that's a lie as they made some fucking belters.

My driveway is currently blocked by a selfish cunts car, however, following inspiration from here the cunt is wondering how he's getting to work with a pair of equally nastily parked motors a 1/4'' off his bumpers, fucking weirdo's just sat there waiting, a half hour that I'm aware of, what a twat.

• wuvvum, neil1971, Talbot and 21 others like this
Festering scum of the earth, yer motoring public.

#77383 OFFLINE   cort1977

cort1977

The Eric Bristow of Parts Darts

• Full Members
  • 1,351 posts
  • 12 thanks
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 14 June 2018 - 07:50 AM

Is that not everything to do with who you are friends with and nothing to do with the platform?

My newsfeed looks nothing like that. If someone starts being a 2 bob Nigel Farage, I give them the hush for 30 days. If they return as a wannabe John Pienaar, then they’re given the sack and I move on.

It’s fashionable to knock social media platforms. Sadly, it’s people. Everything would be better without people.

Agree that the platform can be used in a way that keeps shit off your feed but the whole thing is basically designed to keep you clicking and spending more time on it.  Which can then be monetized by a bunch of children in California.  For an awful lot of people it is their main activity on the internet and may be leading to some real world consequences not least being a factor in the recent referendum.  We would all be much better off without it in my opinion.

And yes, i am aware of the irony of posting that on a social media forum but in my defence no one has linked Autoshite to influencing the public on anything more controversial than the shitness of Vauxhalls.

• Lacquer Peel, Tam, Christine and 3 others like this

1974 Pontiac Grand Ville Convertible - The Exxon Valdez

1970 Ford Cortina Estate - In a shed in Ireland

#77384 OFFLINE   Hooli

Hooli

• Full Members
  • 9,815 posts
  • 109 thanks
  • LocationNr Doncaster

Posted 14 June 2018 - 08:00 AM

My driveway is currently blocked by a selfish cunts car, however, following inspiration from here the cunt is wondering how he's getting to work with a pair of equally nastily parked motors a 1/4'' off his bumpers, fucking weirdo's just sat there waiting, a half hour that I'm aware of, what a twat.

Excellent work! Pics?

• eddyramrod, John F, purplebargeken and 1 other like this

#77385 OFFLINE   sierraman

sierraman

• Full Members
  • 8,013 posts
  • 64 thanks

Posted 14 June 2018 - 08:11 AM

£730 to insure the two Audis for another year. *sigh* :/

More expensive than last year. The Direct Line renewal quote was actually cheaper than out of all the other quotes I got.

That's quite cheap that though? Only £365 each to insure? That's proper cheap!

#77386 OFFLINE   SiC

SiC

• Full Members
  • 7,599 posts
  • 70 thanks
  • LocationBristol

Posted 14 June 2018 - 08:31 AM

That's quite cheap that though? Only £365 each to insure? That's proper cheap!

I thought it was quite a bit, especially as it was up from last year! (They give what it would have been last year). Wierdly, the TT is 40 quid a year cheaper to insure than the A4 - despite having 60bhp more and a fair bit quicker. But then the TT has a £200 compulsory excess vs £100 on the A4. Both the policies are zero voluntary excess.

Interestingly they buggered up the purchase date on the TT. They had it down when I originally bought the Civic (2011). When it was changed to this year, it jumped £70. So seems like they really value long term ownership of a car.
Current Fleet:
1974 MGB GT - A stereotypical classic car.
2007 Honda Civic EX CTDi - The reliable runner that is like the family pet.
2010 Aldi A4 - Owned to placate the wife on my crap buying

My history: 2003 Clio II 1.2 16v (First car), 2003 Honda Civic 3dr 1.7 CTDi (Isuzu lump), 1992 Mazda MX5 1.6, 2005 Mazda RX8 192bhp, 2005 Saab 9-3 1.9TiD 150bhp, 2007 Honda Civic 2.2 CTDi, 2004 Renault Scenic 1.6 Auto (Now Kiltox FiL), 2004 Saab 9-5 2.3t (Now Hooli), 2004 Smart Roadster 80bhp
Wife history (that she used/owned but I had frequent use of): 2002 Renault Clio II 1.2 16v (Billabong!), 2006 Mazda MX5 1.8, 2004 VW Golf 1.6 FSI, 2005 Renault Scenic II 2.0 (went bad from the drive back when buying it!), 2002 Vauxhall Astra 1.6 16v (now phil_lihp ex-colleague), 2005 Renault Laguna II v6 (Now angle)

#77387 OFFLINE   BorniteIdentity

BorniteIdentity

Dangly Mirrored Sierra Saviour of the year!

• Full Members
  • 3,514 posts
  • 33 thanks

Posted 14 June 2018 - 08:35 AM

Agree that the platform can be used in a way that keeps shit off your feed but the whole thing is basically designed to keep you clicking and spending more time on it.  Which can then be monetized by a bunch of children in California.  For an awful lot of people it is their main activity on the internet and may be leading to some real world consequences not least being a factor in the recent referendum.  We would all be much better off without it in my opinion.

And yes, i am aware of the irony of posting that on a social media forum but in my defence no one has linked Autoshite to influencing the public on anything more controversial than the shitness of Vauxhalls.

You talk a lot of sense until that last sentence.

I directly attribute this fucking place to every single bad automotive purchase I've made since 2015. (!)

• chaseracer, Talbot, loserone and 7 others like this

1999 Toyota Avensis SR.  225k|   1996 Toyota Granvia.  185k|   1989 Mercedes Benz 190 bASe.  96k|   1983 Ford Sierra bASe.  154k|

https://sierrabase.wordpress.com/

#77388 OFFLINE   Louise2cv

Louise2cv

• Full Members
  • 2,977 posts
  • 13 thanks

Posted 14 June 2018 - 10:05 AM

hmm

The builders have just hand delivered their evidence, 6 days after the date for exchange on the court order. They hand delivered and didn't sign or date it. Is it overly cynical of me to imagine that they didn't date it so they could pretend to have delivered on time?

Should we inform the court they were late or is that just petty?

• cpjitservices and grizgut like this

#77389 OFFLINE   chaseracer

chaseracer

Autoshite HR & Refereeing Solutions Ltd.

• Staff
  • 11,272 posts
  • 47 thanks
  • Location127.0.0.1

Posted 14 June 2018 - 10:08 AM

Very definitely inform the court - no question.

• Pillock, Louise2cv, myglaren and 6 others like this

2009 Cannondale Quick CX - too much like hard work
2003 Citroen Berlingo 2.0HDi - buggering on
1995 Peugeot 205 Inca 1.7D - several steps closer to a ticket...
1982 Citroen Dyane 6 - several steps further away...

AS Midland Massiv - in chod we rust...

#77390 OFFLINE   GrumpiusMaximus

GrumpiusMaximus

• Full Members
  • 863 posts
  • 11 thanks
  • LocationAshford(ish), Kent, UK

Posted 14 June 2018 - 10:36 AM

hmm

The builders have just hand delivered their evidence, 6 days after the date for exchange on the court order. They hand delivered and didn't sign or date it. Is it overly cynical of me to imagine that they didn't date it so they could pretend to have delivered on time?

Should we inform the court they were late or is that just petty?

Inform the court immediately.  Serving papers late could mean a default win for you by not following due process.

These things are really fucking important for a court.  A technical victory due to their negligence and lack of regard for due process is as good as any.

• chaseracer, Louise2cv, myglaren and 8 others like this

#77391 OFFLINE   eddyramrod

eddyramrod

The Crimson Avenger

• Full Members
  • 12,639 posts
  • 28 thanks
  • LocationIn These Shoes?

Posted 14 June 2018 - 10:45 AM

I had a visit from The Law on Tuesday, at work.  Had to do a breath test, which I think was the first one I've ever done!  Apparently someone was following me and thought I was erratic enough to report.  The visit isn't the issue, that was all conducted in a friendly enough manner.  However, today my boss gave me a Company Letter about it.  FFS.  He hasn't threatened my job as such, but there's always an implicit threat in a company letter.  It doesn't help  that I know my driving is erratic and I'm trying very hard to keep it reined in.  I hate being ill.

The Blob: 2007 Chevrolet Tacuma (wheelchair bus)

Giffer: 1995 Rover 820Si

Huggy Bear: 1973 Cadillac Coupe de Ville

Mr ramrod is the nicest person in the world  (Chompy_snake, 2015)

Eddy is the finest fellow you will ever meet,  FACT (Djimbob, 2017)

#77392 OFFLINE   Eddie Honda

Eddie Honda

• Full Members
  • 4,513 posts
  • 55 thanks

Posted 14 June 2018 - 10:46 AM

and didn't sign

Just as valid a point as the lack of date.
  • myglaren likes this

#77393 OFFLINE   yes oui si

yes oui si

• Full Members
  • 282 posts
  • 3 thanks
  • LocationTD15

Posted 14 June 2018 - 10:50 AM

It is slightly amusing how those who are weak of mind and who lack the ability to think past a tabloid headline get suckered into an 'us and them' narrative...

Makes a lot of people grumpy too, often for very different reasons.

I do find it daft how many things have changed to suit them, when Jews who have similar food rules etc never demanded changes. But I'll shush now as political etc

Grump: you can't get a decent silicone-based personal lubricant which doesn't clag your pubes up when it dries.

ebehyh.png
Top grammar tips!

Bought = purchased. Brought = relocated
Lose = misplace/opposite of win. Loose = your mum

#77394 OFFLINE   bub2006

bub2006

• Full Members
  • 8,566 posts
  • 21 thanks
  • Locationderbyshire

Posted 14 June 2018 - 11:55 AM

Fucking PayPal. Now fucked for the holidays. Fucking well played you inept bunch of useless cock gobbling toss bags.

#77395 OFFLINE   DodgeRover

DodgeRover

• Full Members
  • 5,090 posts
  • 71 thanks

Posted 14 June 2018 - 12:01 PM

It is slightly amusing how those who are weak of mind and who lack the ability to think past a tabloid headline get suckered into an 'us and them' narrative...

Grump: you can't get a decent silicone-based personal lubricant which doesn't clag your pubes up when it dries.

You can, will check the name when I get home.
  • twosmoke300 likes this

#77396 OFFLINE   Cavcraft

Cavcraft

• Staff
  • 38,751 posts
  • 155 thanks
  • LocationAudi wanker

Posted 14 June 2018 - 03:20 PM

'Is this available'

Yes.

'120ifjuwot'

What?

No idea what you're on about.

'Cas'

Who is Cas and what does 120ifjuwot mean?

'Orat senmi piskot'

I haven't the faintest idea what the fuck you're on about, tbh.

'Gow 10noklok yes'

'Senmi poskod'

Well, that's that cleared up, then.

• wuvvum, privatewire, DeeJay and 2 others like this
"As for actually admitting to liking Corsas on a public forum: you're a bollock-brained, biscuit-eating, faux-northern, bastardy, bollocky, wank-brain"

#77397 OFFLINE   Cavcraft

Cavcraft

• Staff
  • 38,751 posts
  • 155 thanks
  • LocationAudi wanker

Posted 14 June 2018 - 03:24 PM

'Does the car work is it good for commuting'

Did you read the advert?

'No sorry'

• wuvvum, chaseracer, Angrydicky and 5 others like this
"As for actually admitting to liking Corsas on a public forum: you're a bollock-brained, biscuit-eating, faux-northern, bastardy, bollocky, wank-brain"

#77398 OFFLINE   Hooli

Hooli

• Full Members
  • 9,815 posts
  • 109 thanks
  • LocationNr Doncaster

Posted 14 June 2018 - 03:27 PM

How on earth do you cope dealing with such mongtards?

• myglaren and Christine like this

#77399 OFFLINE   Cavcraft

Cavcraft

• Staff
  • 38,751 posts
  • 155 thanks
  • LocationAudi wanker

Posted 14 June 2018 - 03:36 PM

By getting increasingly ruder to them. And sometimes saying I've sold to the scrap man for £50 less than the chancer/s have offered me. 

• Louise2cv, myglaren, privatewire and 4 others like this

#77400 OFFLINE   cpjitservices

cpjitservices

• Full Members
  • 1,804 posts
  • 25 thanks

Posted 14 June 2018 - 03:55 PM

Hmmmm just got wage slip through.

£300 quid short... see what happens come payday.!!

Rover 75 Tourer Connoisseur SE - 2.0 CDTI - Automatic - Copperleaf Red

3 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Tam