Fabia not for sale. Alternative fuels in a post distributor pump car

Lacquer Peel

Top fixage!

I might still have a 130bhp map for one of these somewhere if sir is feeling brave?

Otherwise I would polish the living daylights out of it and get it on gumtree for 495 ono before it breaks again.

These things are ace, bigger boot than you'd ever expect for a prolapsed polo, just not really big enough in the back for people.

MOT achieved! I went over it with a fine toothed comb* and found a couple of issues like 3 blown bulbs, mismatched tyres on the back and a wobbly headlight.

It was at ATS Euromaster, I only went because of a £9.99 Groupon voucher for MOTs, I was half expecting them to eviscerate it but the test was fair and I'll use them again at full price. 631d09a7f4020c8fa33be77cd1fbe9cd.jpg

The car is now for sale.

I cured the rough running by tweaking an injector plug, and the wobbly steering by swapping the oval NSF tyre (now replaced) for the new spare.

It goes really well now with a couple of clunks and rattles over rough surfaces (suspect ARB drop link).

Located near Aviemore and £400 to shiters. It can be collected from Falkirk alternatively.

When I had one of these I averaged 70mpg (according to the computer) on over 10,000 miles of driving. Pretty sure that was 'peak efficiency' for cars when they figured out how to make excellent DI diesel engines without making the rest of the car bulbous as they do now and adding 15 turbochargers.

• 2 weeks later...

What next? Commence PD experiments...

15l of hydraulic oil to 25l of diesel. WCPGW?

PDs are proving fine on veg, provided the user understands vo viscosity and its relation to temperature. The autoshite approach would be to pull the CTS wiring for colder weather and mix the fuel with petrol to thin down to what the more delicate electric pumps can tolerate.

Many CR systems are showing themselves ok on veg mixes, now that there are enough cheap cars for people to have dared risk - they do need twin tanking, mind. I'll be sorting a mid-2000s V70 to use the good stuff at some point. The easiest solution could well be to simply fit a 230v engine preheater.

Top repair on that injector, LP. If only all electronic-shite were so easy.