Fabia not for sale. Alternative fuels in a post distributor pump car

Lacquer Peel

My van broke down in a big way and I needed wheels fast. Browsing eBay has a habit of shrinking distances in your head, this horrible £200 car is in the borders of Scotland, quite far from the middle of the Highlands. I was not expecting the very nice seller to accept my kind offer.

The engine shakes and shudders like a Kubota single cylinder diesel on improvised engine mounts driving a homemade log splitter, and the front wheels are horribly unbalanced, adding to the shaking sensation. Who knew Comfort trim included massaging* seats and steering wheel?
0.5/10 must try hardere4a2edbf947a08746354f0b30dff3350.jpg8cd968041a4a665f775127d6b33f2f30.jpg3c6705c2664bd96768f3fd09790d5f3d.jpgbec9d0fa0934cc0843a3ec3d276a7d08.jpg

18075/P1667 - Valve for Pump - Jet: Cylinder 2 (N241): Electrical Malfunction

Possible Symptoms

Irregular rpm

Possible Causes

Wiring and/or connections to/from the Valve for Pump Jet

Valve for Pump Jet

Possible Solutions

Check wiring and Check / Clean all connections

Replace the cable-tree to/from all the Valves for Pump Jet

Replace Valve for Pump Jet (replace them all !)

Special Notes

For each Valve the ECU checks the Begin of Injection Period (BIP) via a voltage. That voltage is very small (less than 0.0001A). Each extra resistance in the cable is fatal. So, in case of any doubt, just replace all cables.

9438b6c65b8d25e9184c80f9c5bd50df.jpg

These have the Injection-loom-in-the-oily-bits-of-the-head don't they? IIRC they suffer from the injection loom going brittle and cracking, or (just like the basically-a-PD-Engine-TD5-discovery) from oil running through the loom into the ECU.

Not a brilliant bit of design really, but the replacement loom section is cheap enough.

Tried it on VEG yet?

Aye the loom and injectors are in the head.

No need for a replacement loom section, I fixed it for free.

I watched a YouTube video where a guy had similar problems (but different fault codes) with his Jetta TDI, he pulled the plug off the offending injector and squeezed the contacts for a better connection. I thought it was worth a try and it only bloody worked!

Now it's as smooth as a PD TDI can be and goes really well.

Tempted to try veg but I think I'll tidy it up and sell it with a fresh MOT, I put a deposit on something that looks a lot worse but goes a lot better (esp on veg).

10ff34e2590627254a05df83c5250bd6.jpg

This is what I put a deposit on, a Caddy TDI with an upgraded clutch and brakes, big turbo, big injectors, Golf GTI seats. It hasn't been road legal since 2015 and cost quite a lot but it's bloody quick. The seller took it up to 100MPH which was terrifying, especially in something that isn't road lega

The Fabia is running great since I cured the bad connection to the injector, 62MPG from Aviemore to Falkirk at regular speeds and it's great at overtaking, just floor it and it takes off. Does anyone want it? d3b125d3332d7e5a6c4c293227307e3d.jpg