Roland the rat trike.

bub2006

FFS! I watched you ride off backwards in Matlock today! I saw it & thought that looks bad enough for Bub to like & was stood leaning on a postbox when you left.

I didn't realise it was you with a beard & no crutches or I'd have said something!

I kept looking at you as I thought you looked familiar! I don't use crutches but have a walking stick. Plus my beard is a fair bit longer!

Moobs shirley?

Grotesque. Much win. Bonus AS points if you get a pickelhaube or perhaps a Zulu-style topi to wear while outraging public decency. A coal scuttle would give a more authentic Black Widows look but combined with the number plate might give people the wrong idea. I can picture you rocking up to a caravan site with one of those folding camper things hitched up behind and generally alarming the public.

Trailer tent next on list. I also generally alarm the public anyway!

Guest Hooli

I kept looking at you as I thought you looked familiar! I don't use crutches but have a walking stick. Plus my beard is a fair bit longer!

Stick sorry. I've only met you once in the dark remember, that's my excuse & I'm sticking too it!

Sure looks unique, fella. Whatever makes you happy though - that’s what it’s all about.

Thought this was yours as a work in progress for a mo, but wrong registration.

If you’re not keen on the white hat crew number plate, couldn’t you sell it to the bloke earlier in the thread, and pocket a couple of quid?post-4721-0-90812700-1523740254_thumb.jpeg

Guest Hooli

If you going tomorrow I may see you there.

Doubt it, off to Scotland on friday so I should be saving my petrol money. But at least I know what you look like in daylight now!

If it's possible to sort another reg out I'd certainly consider it!

You could buy a cheap reg, irish maybe, and transfer it on, but it would have to be older than the one on the trike, and would involve some cash.

It may be worth  contacting the DVLA and tell them you/others find it offensive and see if they will help..

You could buy a cheap reg, irish maybe, and transfer it on, but it would have to be older than the one on the trike, and would involve some cash.

It may be worth contacting the DVLA and tell them you/others find it offensive and see if they will help..

My friend did say there's a way of swapping reg plate for free but I don't know how and I didn't ask further. I know the connations of it but it's just a reg plate to me!

If someone was to offer me $$$$ for the plate I would sell it but I can't see any reason to change it otherwise. We live in the UK in 2018 not the Deep South in the 60s for god sake, people need to get a grip and move on.

You could just as easily moan that you are offended by plates with HH or 88 in them

More importantly black and silver plate?

Wouldn't stick on letters on a bent alloy plate be more in keeping with the rat/ survival vibe ?

You could buy a cheap reg, irish maybe, and transfer it on, but it would have to be older than the one on the trike, and would involve some cash..

I'm not quite sure of the ins and outs of this one, but there may be some wriggle room on NI 'cherished plates' - see the recent Lazy Spotters Thread for a discussion about a 1993-issued NI plate (AAZ10) on a 1990 VW Scirocco... I've TAZ6941 going to the crusher shortly (taxed and MOT'd still, but terminal engine failure last week) though it's a 1998 plate - but if it's possible to transfer, you're welcome to it, Bub...

My friend did say there's a way of swapping reg plate for free but I don't know how and I didn't ask further. I know the connations of it but it's just a reg plate to me!

Phone the DVLA, tell them that you have been getting abuse off people for the reg number and its connotations to the Klan.

They will offer you a ONE time only swap - you get no choice of the reg number and it will be of the same year.

They send you a new V5c and job bobbed.

Its up to you whether you are faffed doing this. I know this as one of the nurses had a plate that looked like "cock" and got the piss taken out of her, she was a bit of a snowflake so the DVLA changed it for her.