Roland the rat trike.

bub2006

Right I may get some flack,I may not but I thought sod it. Been missing my bikes for quite a while. They always made me feel better and raised a grin when I was a bit down. Disabilities put paid to that and have considered a trike or quad for quite a while. This popped up for sale by a friend and I was offered it at a bargain price.

It started life as a Rialto but many years ago it had the body removed,bars and seats fitted. Dvla letter with it to say changes have been noted and now is an open body tricycle. It has MOT till august and the history is very good. It has been meticulously maintained by my friend and was used at one point as a daily when his car died and he couldn't fit the family on a bike! It's won 3 or 4 trophies at various rallies and shows. Mainly for custom rat and survival trikes. It's also very well known around Derbyshire. It's not to everyone's tastes and I understand that but I've not felt as happy as I do in a long time.

Few niggles I need to sort on it are I need to find a new Speedo cable and the fuel gauge and temp gauge like to fluctuate. Main beam switch failed yesterday too so I've bypassed it so I have headlights until I can find a cheap switchgear set for it. Exhaust is a straight pipe with cherry bomb and it's bloody loud so that will be changed for something slightly quieter. The name Roland the rat trike is also what it's been known as for years. Here's some pics.

post-5685-0-80092800-1523728017_thumb.jpg

post-5685-0-83831600-1523728097_thumb.jpg

post-5685-0-57113500-1523728221_thumb.jpg

post-5685-0-16345100-1523728327_thumb.jpg

post-5685-0-05929200-1523728407_thumb.jpg

I like it. Years ago I started to do the same. Shitty Reliant bought, body lopped off...... I then reached the limit of my trike building skill. 

It needs BMW 3 series rear wheels. They bolt straight on according to the vague depths of my memory. Paint them black obv. 

I likey very much.

BRILLIANT...I've seen this trike around over the years...and it's still going strong.Well done on a great buy.

And that number plate you lucky bugger!!  I was looking around for a triple K but was told by our local DVLA place (when I had to take a yank pickup down to them,to get it re-registered from a Breakdown truck to private pickup) any triple K n/plates are held at Swansea because of the significance of the 3 Ks  (there's a KLUE in there) 8)

Anyhow good luck with your BEAST,

Here's a pic to be going on with..post-20101-0-14280300-1523730001_thumb.jpg

The number plate in all honesty I'm considering changing. I don't care but some people can misread it. Yes that's their issue as I'm far from concerned as it's had it all its life but I don't need someone arguing with me over it! It did have England flags on it but they gone now along with a Maltese cross flag. Left the skull and crossbones on though.

Is there an unsee button?

That is fucking brilliant. I think. I'm not sure.

Its probably to AutoShite what Russ Abbots 'Atmosphere' was to the uk top 40. Everybody took the piss out of it at first but it outlasted its contemporaries and became an important part of history.

Why not? I've got blonde hair blue eyes and boobs. Oh and a beard. I should fit in nicely.

Moobs shirley?

Grotesque. Much win. Bonus AS points if you get a pickelhaube or perhaps a Zulu-style topi to wear while outraging public decency. A coal scuttle would give a more authentic Black Widows look but combined with the number plate might give people the wrong idea. I can picture you rocking up to a caravan site with one of those folding camper things hitched up behind and generally alarming the public.