2002 MG ZT 160 for £550 fixed!

purplebargeken

Hi Ken, this chap (http://www.mgroversolutions.com) was rather good with my 75 when it had suspected HGF, which turned out to be a duff thermostat, about 18 months ago. He got it sorted in very little time.

Whilst it was a 1.8 (and isn't as much of a pain in the arse as a V6's thermostat), it might be worth giving him a call to see if he would be willing to do it. He isn't too far from you and probably has decent experience of KV6s (this is an assumption based on how little he is charging for a KV6 cambelt and how long he has been working on MG Rover stuff).

However, if this doesn't pan out to anything, I will take my usual number 52 please. I have restricted myself from raffles, but you know I can't resist a 75 or ZT. 

I just want to double check that folk are aware of the new set up before they commit to roffle. 

As I said before I cannot afford to lose even more money on the car, it just can't happen at this point in time. I took a fair hit on the Vauxhall Astra but I can't do that with the MG.

The fixed price will be £700 or £12 per roffle number, I just cannot go lower than that for what will be a fixed car that will take you anywhere.

I will let the roffle run until all the numbers are taken or until the 27th May whichever happens sooner. The car will be fixed on the 26th. If there are still numbers not taken by then I will have to end the roffle and the car will stay with me. 

I hope people realise I'm not being a twat, I'm really not, but I cannot take such a hit on this occasion.

If you withdraw from the roffle I totally understand. I hope we all stay mates. 

Now open to swaps or p/x too with casheroo my way being helpful.

No preferences but it would be really helpful to go with a car that has MOT and that could be slid under the classic insurance umbrella as all my NCB is tied up with the i10

Billy's Puma would have been ace but it wasn't insurable under that all important classic aspect sadly :(

Never had one mate, so you never know until you look into something.

I know I am a serial car swapper but one cannot fight one's nature. I guess lol.

Who knows, the roffle numbers may not sell, no suitable swap may be offered, all kinds of things may or may not happen lol. It may even turn out that I keep hold of the ZT if no-one wants it. Who can tell. 

I've had well over 400 cars in my driving lifetime, I can remember most of what I've had and have always been car 'restless'. 

However, I can't be that bad as I still have the 2 litre Toledo, the Galaxy and the MGF!!

The i10 will go in 12 months time though when I retire because it was bought purely as 'the commute car'.   

Things that appeal for swappage:

Modern Beetle, modern Mini, older Mk3 Golf, Puma but sadly not classic insurance friendly yet, same for a Mk1 Focus sadly in the same boat as the Puma, but maybe more so ('cos never had one before), MX-5, Volvo 740/940, Metro, Mk3 Granada, Alfa 156, AX (doesn't even have to be blue), Pug 205, R5, Fiat Panda/Uno, quirky late 80's/90's American car even.

I'm fairly flexible and open to possibilities.

Billy's Puma would have been ace but it wasn't insurable under that all important classic aspect sadly :(

Because I've so many cars, I can't quite remember who I'm insured with on the Avensis and 190 - but they have mirrored my NCB.  So they are about £200 each with 10,000 miles (not that anyone ever checks) fully comp.

I'll try to remember who it is, but it was a doddle.