2002 MG ZT 160 for £550 fixed!

purplebargeken

This green beastie is up for sale, virtually a years MOT, belts done by our very own Bobthebeard, so nothing to worry about there.

V6 2.5, manual, drove happily from up North to down South and didn't miss a beat.

I will be popping over to the barn today and will get some photos as we all know that this thread is useless without pictures, right?

Colour is Le Mans green as far as I can remember, I will also try and get the colour code too.

Mileage: yes, it has mileage, something else to obtain.

It's had a couple of owners on this here forum, one was Chompysnake, someone else (sorry, I can't recall who), and then prior to me, Bobthebeard.

It has a part stainless exhaust, cherry bomb silencer and an aftermarket air filter. It does sound rather bloody good.

Tyres are great. Clutch is happy. It just goes nicely and looks ace.

It is not perfect. It had a bump at some point in it's life but that has been repaired to a grand standard.

There is a slight ding in the drivers door, but I will describe that better later on.

No swapsies or px on this one I am afraid. £850  £795 or cash and a p/x is what I need from it, soz.

Needs a forever home does this one.  Classic insurance winner, FJ quoted me £189 with a 2000 miles limit.

I think I brought this one into the fold but it had a different number back then. The people I bought it from were rather sneaky and neglected to mention it had been a write off in their ownership as they gave me an older log book without the write off mentioned. I roffled it to Eddy so it went up north and has had a lot of love since.

Ah, I remember that vaguely. Eddie, okay. Must be Chompy then Bobthebeard maybe?

Apologies for the limited photos. I couldn't get the car out as big Transit thing was parked right across the front of the barn. Very helpful*

Front'ish bit

DSCN0101_zpsllq030bl.jpg

Rear bit

DSCN0098_zpsik9ogy26.jpg

Cherry bomb noise escapes bit

DSCN0099_zpsdpyzmtrh.jpg

Big enough for a body or other things that aren't a body

DSCN0096_zpsuwu1nlyr.jpg

The make it go vroom vroom bit

DSCN0094_zpsqnqmijb8.jpg

Make the car turn bit with MG badge on it. Can you see the happy idle on the rev counter? I can.

DSCN0091_zpsdcw0wtki.jpg

Device that goes beep beep beep when reversing. It works

DSCN0088_zpsxximglyt.jpg

None of your boardroom wood effect shite here mate. 

DSCN0087_zps21uposqh.jpg

98 odd thousand miles on the clock. No warm cigar/boardroom glow. 

DSCN0086_zpsrbinbg5q.jpg

Seats are comfy and supportive, the drivers side bolster shows signs of wear and has been repaired. If I was keeping the car I would get it repaired properly. 

Headlining is nice and clean. Sunroof fitted, I tried to open it but not operating. I haven't investigated, it could be a fuse, it could be a switch issue, it could be down to anything really. It lets in light and that is about it.

All the windows work, the mirrors work happily, the doors open as they should. The Kenwood radio/CD player works via the steering wheel controls and sounds rather good. Clutch is smooth and clutch-like.

It has some scuffs here and there, stone chips too but that's how it is. 

It started first turn of the key, sounds glorious and looks good in the green coloured paint. Uber long MOT. 

Get it bought.

I had a ZT 190 in 2008 , black with black wheels and blacked out windows , it looked mean as fuck but mrs wack couldn't drive it so I didn't have it long , bad news was the guy that sold it to me didn't disclose it had a clutch problem , good news was it was a cheap car and an easy fix and I made money on it when I sold it on which is rare for me .

I hankered after a V8 one for a long time but never got round to it

Yours shouldn't hang around long at that money

Ah yes, I remember driving this from Panhard65's workshop in Somerset up to Manchester to hand it over to Eddy.  I seem to recall it behaved perfectly for me for the entire journey, then barfed out a spark plug or something within minutes of Eddy taking it over.  Looks like it's had a lot of TLC since then, very smart.  

Does not compute.

Think it was a pipe somewhere , the guy had taken it in PX against a caravan , I think he thought the clutch was knackered so topped it up and got it going then advertised it

It drove fine and was 4k under any other car advertised, only about 18 months old, that night I went to change gear and the clutch pedal hit the floor

Got it up to Steve and he found a leak somewhere , he was worried the slave cylinder was leaking inside the bellhousing but it was coming out somewhere else, can't remember where

Mrs wack struggled driving it so it went