2002 MG ZT 160 for £550 fixed!

purplebargeken

Just for info.

The sunroof is disconnected at the switch. It works but can't always decide to tilt or slide. Sometimes it is fine, sometimes not. The motor is a replacement and is ok. Maybe micro switches or something needs adjusting?

Sunroof drain tubes also sorted so no leaks there, or in the boot either as all the usual leak spots are done.

Regarding the thermostat housing leaking coolant, there was some staining in the vee when I got the car, so a replacement was bought. However it never got any worse, or even leaked in my ownership so the replacement is in the boot! Have driven it from S.W Scotland to Lytham and back five times plus Lytham to that there London without an issue. The header tank does occasionally burp out a spoonfull of coolant but that is just an airlock from when the coolant was changed and the belts were done. Have half heartedly bled the system but clearly not fully got rid of the airlock. Not that it ever runs hot or looses much more than a splash of coolant through the cap. Personally I would trust the car to go on any journey, and have done without a single problem in the couple of years of my ownership. ££££'s spent and much TLC lavished on my part. All new brake discs and a full set of expensive tyres also. Rear springs and arms replaced, but I think that may have been already mentioned...

Am so confident that I bought a roffle ticket!

It's a good 'un boys and girls. :-)

Right, discussion had with potential swapist. I have suggested that they retain their car as the person involved loves the car they have and would regret the swapping in time I think.

So, putting my big lad pants on has resulted in this:

The MG will stay with me. Who wouldn't want a rorty V6 anyway.

I can save up enough dosh in time to get it done, There is no rush whatsoever.

I'll need to find somewhere decent or have a decent mobile come out to sort it.

Unless anyone on here wants to tackle it for money and a damn good kebab dinner. 

• 2 weeks later...

Any interest in this for £550?

It's got a huge MOT, a good history and has had the belts done. The thermostat housing does weep but it isn't pissing out and hasn't overheated on the journey down from up North or whilst sat idling in my ownership. It'd be safe to drive a reasonable distance I reckon. Housing kit comes with the car. Number plate is a bit of a laugh and has value to flog if you are that way inclined. 

Is in storage near Chelmsford in Essex.

Longest? That would be the i10, at 7 years. Longest classic..... Amazon. That was for about 2 or 3 years but I never gelled with it.

Average seems to be about 6 months at the very most if I like it. The Tolly will stay with me for as long as I can drive though, so that may take the trophy. 

Okaaaay, lets see how it goes then.......

6. barefoot (random)

9.  jackytwoshoes (random)

10. Pandamonium (random)

13. Jams

15. Split_Pin (random)

19. blakey79 (random)

23. Parky

24. cheezey

25. flat4alfa (random)

28. New POD

31. Sam Glover (random)

42. chatsharris (random)

48. clayts450 (random)

52. Brodders

56. flat4alfa (random)

Pic from last summer.... Just because.

By the way, the thermostat housing leak is tiny, which is why I bought the replacement but never fitted it. It needed the coolant topping up by about 250mls in roughly a thousand miles during my ownership. Some of that lost due to the air lock.

I changed the housing on the other KV6 in our life and it was a relatively easy afternoons work. ( Our local friendly garage quoted £110 with parts supplied.)

Not previously mentioned I don't think, but it also has a Revotech upgraded fan kit fitted (last year) so no cooling fan woes either. Plus the aircon works.

Gerrit bought. It needs driving and wants to be driven!

post-5532-0-33175500-1525175022_thumb.png

Can I have number 28 - the number of years I've been married and if I win, the number of years my marriage lasted before it went tits up. 

It's manual and therefore not what I want, hence why I don't want to pay the full price.