Lada Tarzan

vulgalour

More info welcome.  I don't know if it's a Lada in-house creation or something like Peugeot did with Dangel.  There's enough pictures of them out there to the same design for me to think these are an official thing and not a home brew.

Lada Tarzan is a marriage of Niva and Samara.

post-5335-0-35617000-1523491328_thumb.jpg

post-5335-0-42644000-1523491330_thumb.jpg

Lada Tarzan 2 uses the newer Lada 110 in estate and hatchback.  Potentially still Niva underneath, I'm not entirely sure.

post-5335-0-27535900-1523491370_thumb.jpg

post-5335-0-63237300-1523491377_thumb.jpg

Although I'm practically retarded and my opinions should count for the square root of fuck all am I right in thinking that in Eastern Europe they don't see their domestically produced cars as aspirational and would rather have a cut and shut X3?

Seems to depend who you listen to.  Eastern European workers I've worked with have always expressed great fondness for domestic products but those looking to appear upwardly mobile seem to look on them as deathtraps to be avoided at all costs, even if that cost is owning a cut-and-shut X3.

The cars above don't have a Niva's rear live axle, looks like it could be Niva front suspension at the back also.

Probably something like a Samara body on top of a unique seperate chassis using Niva running gear.