bumble bee

theshadow

Whoever it was selling that silver Nippa with the stripes and replaced seats on here was having trouble shifting that one for the same reason. The insurance was stupid on i for me at 25 compared to my 2002 Swift, no idea why.

It was Station. I had the massive horn for that car and would have been biting his hand off at his asking price, but couldn't get an insurance quote for less than 600 quid, and I was 37 at the time. I pay less than 400 for fully comp on my Mondeo 3.0 Ghia X.

For a 19yo that’s had 2 fault claims?!? It sounds like a bargain!!

19 YO with no NCD - and one 47 YO no NCD on this policy &  with 2 non fault claims and full NCD on another policy as primary named driver on the policy whilst he is on L's ( both paid in full by 3rd party) but still affect my premium.

Which is I have to say the one aspect of the insurance industry that really boils my urine. Someone drives into the side of me from a side street and someone slams into my arse end as they are on the phone and both things advisedly affect my premium despite costing my insurer nothing as they recouped their costs on claim 2 and were not involved in any way shape or form on claim 1.

Its not like I have a ruddy great target painted on the side of the car.

£308 sounds fair. I have numerous vehicles on proper policies with limited NCB and they’re all between £300-£350.

This has no place yet on a classic policy, and therefore is just a car with difficult bits to replace that’s easy to nick.

Nonetheless, GLWS. Surely it’ll do someone a good turn.

Aye, but that's twice what almost anything else is.

I hear you, brethren.

However, in the scheme of things, another £150 is 3 tanks of ‘go-go’ juice tho. Shadow has given this a full going over too - so whilst the insurance is dearer, the pricy jobs have already been ticked off.

What I’m saying is, it might not end up being any more expensive over a 12 month period.

Fuck all help though if you haven’t got the money, granted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The insurance is a typical Daihatsu thing - I don't have a sodding clue why but they are vulgar expensive to insure for absolutely everyone - Nippas/Miras, Cuores, Charades, Sirions are all marred by it. Always more expensive to insure than anything remotely comparable by a three figure amount.

Ahhm oot as insurance for the lad is a whopping £1068

For a fecking NIPPA?????!

£1068 for a 19 year old is actually a really reasonable price, I might add. It was £2000+ for ANYTHING for me then. I've been able to drive since the week after I turned 18 and it took until three months after I was 21 for insurance prices to drop that far (around £1k), at which point I just bit the bullet.

The cheapest cheap cars I've found to insure for y00fs are Mazda Demios, the Kia Pride and R8 200s.

• 2 weeks later...