E39 Brown Trout (tm) ROFFLE BACK OFF.

Jim Bell

I don’t count the E90/92 as a ‘Bangle’ Car - they had calmed down considerably by then, maybe courtesy of Mr Van Hooydonk. By the time the 2010 5 Series (I’ve lost knowledge of the model codes after about 2007 or so) had arrived normal classy/understated/tasteful/boring styling had returned.

I like the first Z4 and the E60 5 Series, the E65 7 Series is still gopping imho.

I might be a little late but: Holy crap, a Panama Brown E39, and that not even far from here! I'm almost inclined to pop over to have a look at this beauty in person!

I'm surprised to see this interior color on such an early E39 as well, definitely very rare, and quite desirable combination. Which makes the price you paid for it even more impressive, 523i or not. If you ever need any help with it, I have diagnostics software and the adapters for non OBD2 BMWs here.

I might be a little late but: Holy crap, a Panama Brown E39, and that not even far from here! I'm almost inclined to pop over to have a look at this beauty in person!

I'm surprised to see this interior color on such an early E39 as well, definitely very rare, and quite desirable combination. Which makes the price you paid for it even more impressive, 523i or not. If you ever need any help with it, I have diagnostics software and the adapters for non OBD2 BMWs here.

Cheers man. Feel free to pop past and check my gearbox is shifting as it should. Im not so sure.

Unlimited cups of tea available.

I like the first Z4 and the E60 5 Series, the E65 7 Series is still gopping imho.

Exactly this. I didn't much care for the E60 when it came out, but it's grown on me to a point where I now actually own one (albeit an E61) and it still gets the odd compliment from others.

The E65 was an aesthetic disaster compared to the sharp and well-proportioned E38, I'm glad to see normal service has resumed with the current 7.