E39 Brown Trout (tm) ROFFLE BACK OFF.

Jim Bell

So nice! Keep watching the ATF level (BMW still had a dipstick for that back then right?) just to make sure everything's in spec. That gearbox service definitely was needed. Should you need any parts for it eventually (looking at those inner door rubber seals), make sure to join the UK E39 Club group on facebook, I dont think you'll get them cheaper anywhere else.

So nice! Keep watching the ATF level (BMW still had a dipstick for that back then right?) just to make sure everything's in spec. That gearbox service definitely was needed. Should you need any parts for it eventually (looking at those inner door rubber seals), make sure to join the UK E39 Club group on facebook, I dont think you'll get them cheaper anywhere else.

No theres no dipstick man, just an up and over filler hole jobbie so the ATF had to be pumped in with a diesel priming pump and a length of flexible pipe. Thats how it was described to me anyway.  No way to check the level visually though.

Cheers for the Facebook tip.  I'll join immediately.

I keep saying to her that she should get an auto but when she drives mine she keeps one foot on the brake ALL the time and the other one on the accelerator so I'm not sure if its a good idea either.

if she did this in a renner it would throw an injector fault warning up

e the towbar. It never ceases to amaze me that you'll see a £50k motor with a permanent towbar. The owner would spunk all that wedge on a Q7 or something and not pay the extra £100 for a removable towbar. No offence but I think they spoil the look of the car. My c70 cabby even has a removable one and the v70 and the leon.

Whelp, done a full tank now. 26mph on almost all local driving. The onboard computer seems pretty accurate. Shows mid thirties on a run which is pretty decent for a boat.

Dont you hate it when the tailored mats slide and bunch up?

post-5435-0-42386900-1525191392_thumb.jpg

Well I do.

So lets do an tiny improvement.

Pokeh boi.

post-5435-0-42068000-1525191458_thumb.jpg

Small mat hole is unacceptable.

post-5435-0-16936800-1525191512_thumb.jpg

Bring on the Stanley.

post-5435-0-01739600-1525191553_thumb.jpg

Mate the two.

post-5435-0-25017600-1525191595_thumb.jpg

So the answer to the question that nobody asked "What kind of prick used mat grips on old cars?"

Is, er. Me.

post-5435-0-13819500-1525191632_thumb.jpg

Its practical and effective.

Im morally obliged to offer it to all the people that said they wanted it, in order, untill theyve all said that they dont want it any more.

Then roffle.

Its the gentlemanly thing to do.

I can see this brown beast becoming the new Bollox Rover slagmobile. It’ll have had over 20 owners within the next 18 months, mark my words. Hopefully one of them will be me.

Whelp, done a full tank now. 26mph on almost all local driving. The onboard computer seems pretty accurate. Shows mid thirties on a run which is pretty decent for a boat.

Dont you hate it when the tailored mats slide and bunch up?

attachicon.gif20180427_180326.jpg

Well I do.

So lets do an tiny improvement.

Pokeh boi.

attachicon.gif20180427_180142.jpg

Small mat hole is unacceptable.

attachicon.gif20180427_180423.jpg

Bring on the Stanley.

attachicon.gif20180427_181414.jpg

Mate the two.

attachicon.gif20180427_181621.jpg

So the answer to the question that nobody asked "What kind of prick used mat grips on old cars?"

Is, er. Me.

attachicon.gif20180427_181627.jpg

Its practical and effective.

I had the thick, factory Proton drivers mat [from my 1.5 Mpi] but my heel wore it through.

I have another, tough rubberish mat in there now.... and, yes, it marches forward into the pedals :(

*securement is planned*

Im morally obliged to offer it to all the people that said they wanted it, in order, untill theyve all said that they dont want it any more.

Then roffle.

Its the gentlemanly thing to do.

I have been offered. I am scared of my wife, who said she hates brown cars, so I'll be buying one roffle ticket, number 28 for the same reason as before.

Okay then!

I have had an offer accepted on something big(ger) and wafty that I really fancy.  Theres a Lanos also incoming.  Thats too many cars.

This means the Brown Trout will be up for grabs.

I have contacted the parties that expressed early interest in the old trout, and received the mixture of lack of response interspersed with understandable reasons why purchase is not such a viable option a month later down the road.

Which is really good news for everyone else, as it means we can have a good old Roffle.  

Before we begin, some reminders;

The good - drives lovely, is a lovely lovely place to be, brakes lovely, plenty of power, rides lovely, interior is amazing and very tidy, new ish good tyres, one years MOT (check the history), taxed and insured to get you home.

The bad - tape player not functioning (but has aux in), drivers rear electric window no functional (taped up currently), passenger side electric mirror not functioning (adjusts manually), Boot struts dont hold the boot up, transmission serviced with new filter but still not perfect.  Seems to slip a bit for the first minute or so when cold (kick down grips straight away and creep are fine from cold though). 

So, car is located North East England NE34.  Near everywhere as long as you dont mind travelling.

Roffle is as Roffle does.

£8.00 a pop.

Below will be some numbers in a moment.