1989 Mazda 626 Gone

Bucketeer

Hard to imagine... BUT.

... in some far off field an abandoned 626 lies, engineless + drivers door & bootlid missing...

And a fucking mint rear door :/

Gahh!!!!

15436875897_4c9aef9c85_c.jpgDSC_3775 by srblythe, on Flickr

15437281820_877f8f5bc8_c.jpgDSC_3777 by srblythe, on Flickr

15623709162_fa4bd7b5f3_c.jpgDSC_3782 by srblythe, on Flickr

15002677243_0a25c694d7_c.jpgDSC_3789 by srblythe, on Flickr

15623669592_edc64bc393_c.jpgDSC_3797 by srblythe, on Flickr

Lol! Despite the door and window I don't think I'd find anything this mechanically sound, capable, clean and with 6-7months MOT at £300.00. All the MOT advisories have been taken care of so it should go through another. To me it is very difficult to beat for an economical mile muncher.

Thanks for cleaning it Bucketeer! Had no idea you were going to do that.

15436875897_4c9aef9c85_c.jpgDSC_3775 by srblythe, on Flickr

15437281820_877f8f5bc8_c.jpgDSC_3777 by srblythe, on Flickr

15623709162_fa4bd7b5f3_c.jpgDSC_3782 by srblythe, on Flickr

15002677243_0a25c694d7_c.jpgDSC_3789 by srblythe, on Flickr

15623669592_edc64bc393_c.jpgDSC_3797 by srblythe, on Flickr

Quite a selection there. That 323 turbo in the background was on ebay earlier this year, wasn't it? I was tempted, not a fan of jap but the early 4x4 turbo's are cool

Certainly am. Was speaking to my dad about how good the car is and now he's looking for one! Surprised at how little wind noise at motorway speed with the perspex window and all. I'm looking out for another door and going to make a list of jobs to maintain standard of the car. Thing drives like it's 3 years old, looks like a well cared for 10 year old machine, can't get my head around it being 30 years old.

Thanks for the advice RobT, very much appreciated. Task is tricky one, I keep my eyes out something might turn up. Don't have the space to store another car for parts at the moment, but that may change with a move up country in a year or so.

However, having said that the car is still 100% functional in every way, I'm looking at it being positive with either outcome. 1). Cant find a door and I have a fantastic banger (My favourite type of car). 2). Find door and have something very special.

The door is an absolute sod as its otherwise fantastic. Thing is the saloons weren't common even when new... I only ever remember seeing hatchbacks so its a hell of a task. I reckon itll be an import job to find one.

Someone somewhere is tripping over a mint door every day in their garage wishing they could get rid of it!

^^ "..Someone somewhere is tripling over a mint door every day in their garage wishing they could get rid of it!.."

I have 4x Proton Savvy *STREET wheel covers.

*STYLE came with alloys.. ooof

Sadly, one of them isn't mint - I have it laid in my back yard, as the lid on my water stop-cock (perfect fit into the recess!)

Would accept Xbox 2nite :(

• 2 weeks later...

Tried that, but with a piece of wood and a mallet as my foot wouldn't fit (the holes in the door are too small).  As the dent is a full crease from top to bottom it just wouldn't budge, married up to metal that is quite thick.

Has anyone yet tried the time-honoured traditional method of improving* a badly dented door like this?

* Remove door card.

* Close door.

* Insert feet into door cavity.

* Push.

* Admire the now perfect* door.

* Profit.

My mates did something similar to my old 309. One accidentally dented the o/s door so the other tried kicking it out from the other side.....of the car, i.e. the n/s door. With friends like that who needs enemies.