What are these?

Richard

I found these three cars near a derelict hotel in Balloch.

They were the most decayed cars I have ever seen. They were indoors and hadn't been set on fire. Some of the graffiti looks to be 1970s and I reckon the cars have been there since then.

The first looks to be a saloon car. It has MacPherson struts at the front and leaf springs at the back. Disc brakes on the front. There is part of a tail light left. I'm thinking possibly Peugeot 404 but I really don't know.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The tail light is in this picture.

Posted Image

The second is more of a challenge. It's been a van with forward control. Wishbones at the front, leafs at the rear.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The third is in another building. It has a twin cam straight six with twin SUs. Leaf springs at the back and drums all round.

Posted Image

Apologies for the crap pictures. It had been a long day and I didn't take the tripod in so they are all taken with the flash. My companion took some too, so I'll see if they are any better when he gets them online.

first one I'm undecided about second one is likely to be a Ford Thames or a BMC (j4) or a Commer (Dodge)last one looks like a Jaguar Mk2 to meMind I'm not a big enough anorack in reality............unless its Cortinas :lol:

The rust is explained by the west of Scotland's high rainfall, and quite possibly from being pissed on by graffiti writers etc..What hotel was it? I used to live about 8 miles from Balloch , if it's the hell-hole that is Balloch, Vale of Leven.

The rust is explained by the west of Scotland's high rainfall, and quite possibly from being pissed on by graffiti writers etc..What hotel was it? I used to live about 8 miles from Balloch , if it's the hell-hole that is Balloch, Vale of Leven.

I believe it was called the Hamilton House Hotel and it might have been known as Woodbank House in a previous life. It's a burnt out shell now.

Wow what a pile lol, strange how theres not a lot of trim left, the seats I can understand might have got munched by mice etc but I would have thought that a bit more plastic might have survived, perhaps they had already been heavily robbed.

HMMMMM.....looking through Richard's pics the twin cam six looks to my highly untrained eye to be a Jaguar, but the bumper attached is not a Jaguar item. Can anyone identify it ?

• 1 month later...