Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
For Sale

Hymer B544 1987-8 F REG Peugeot J5/Citroen C25 2.5TD

For Sale

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jamiewilson

jamiewilson

• Full Members
  • 210 posts
  • 1 thanks

Posted 08 April 2018 - 08:10 PM

Additional fleet changes continue apace. Ok here’s a straight copy/paste off my Facebook classic hymers group advert.

Come and buy Colin, he is being replaced shortly (yep I bought the replacement before selling him) and as much as I have love for him I just don’t have the space.

I replaced the head gasket when I got him, this involved an X-ray and skim of the head, new bolts and associated gaskets. And to be sure the new radiator, headertank, cap and replacement fans and associated wiring and an override switch was added too for the big hills.

I also replaced the fuel pump top and spindle seals due to a leak I spotted. Common on these old chaps.

He has had a front stub axle (wheel came loose and destroyed the flange), bearings, brake fluid change, oil change, new glow plugs, new wipers, new brake bias valve, new rear brake hose and steamed through his MoT first time this year.

There’s some bits included to take care of most of the advisories and I may get round to them before he is sold.

He has lots of solar panel capacity and many ups deep cycle batteries that means you can wild camp for weeks water permitting. There’s a built in inverter to charge laptops, run a tv etc and new dometic fridge, sink and hob fitted.

Standard heater (temperamental) and the water boiler (excellent shower!) powered by a sureflo with expansion tank.

Centre and 1 of the rear hatches reseated with proper mastic tape, 1 could do with doing as there is a small bit of damp if he is left on the wrong incline for a week or two of rain. I should do this in the next week too if it stops raining!

Small dink to front panel but it’s fibreglass so if you’re bothered.

Had inner wing repaired last MoT and the other side the one before that.

Needs some general updating and to that end there’s a roll of a bright corduroy fabric to be supplied with him if wanted. I didn’t anticipate selling him so all the mechanical items that have reared their heads have been tackled to a very good standard (I dishwasher the bits when doing the head gasket as I don’t like getting dirty when servicing cars).

What he now needs is someone with the time to give him the finishing touches that he needs.

Gearbox is a bit notchy as many are, included is a spare box needing just the 5th synchro replacing so a convenient swap can be made (fifth sits on the side so can be done easily). Gearbox oil was swapped and filled up as per JK Towers recommendation.

Absolutely loved taking him to France last summer where he is made to potter about Brittany searching out his cargo of bread, wine and cheese. He did a few thousand miles last year and other than a failed stub axle has been smashing.

Just taxed again this month to start using him so I can take you for a spin to make sure you can see him moving, stopping, not exploding, killing pedestrians etc.

I have priced accordingly (£6500 Ono) for the remedial work required, I would consider a very specific p/x of a fiat 500 or a beetle or mini convertible (woman ham requested this)

I’m located in Prestwich which is just above Manchester, about a mile away from junction 17 of the M60.

No power steering for the feeble armed amongst us)

He has 215k km (129k miles or about 4.3k per year) but the engine is not the original having come from a cx to and according to the previous owner came from a crashed low mileage CX? (I can’t substantiate so pinch of salt)

N.B. This is a private sale and so I heartily invite AA RAC or your pal who owns a socket set to take a look see on your behalf. He is sold without finance etc and is mine to sell, without any warranty either given or implied on a 30 year old vehicle.

Within 50 miles I will deliver him if you cover my costs there and back or bring a suitcase and have an adventure on the way home. I’ll make sure there’s a full gas bottle. IMG_5880.JPG

Reg is F130HAK for MoT history etc.

More daylight photos to follow.

IMG_5877.JPG 5e5846063b7f036445ef5335c20fc26b.jpgIMG_5733.JPG IMG_5683.JPG IMG_5864.JPG

Attached Images

• IMG_5649.JPG

• HillmanImp, doug, Lacquer Peel and 3 others like this

#2 ONLINE   spartacus

spartacus

• Full Members
  • 1,268 posts
  • 15 thanks

Posted 09 April 2018 - 10:39 AM

I'm a bit of a camper perv, so more please!
I'm a bit confused, have you bought this camper? Is this the one with the gearbox issue, reference to JK Towers implies it's Fiat/Talbot based, is that right?

I've just re read the title, done a bit of googling and answered my own question, doh!
  • AMC Rebel and jamiewilson like this

#3 OFFLINE   cobblers

cobblers

• Full Members
  • 3,563 posts
  • 34 thanks

Posted 09 April 2018 - 11:24 AM

Phwoar!

• spartacus and AMC Rebel like this

#4 OFFLINE   jamiewilson

jamiewilson

• Full Members
  • 210 posts
  • 1 thanks

Posted 10 April 2018 - 09:14 PM

More Colin chod shots.

76e25502efa8b0a0ef979e97c0749298.jpg
IMG_0366.JPG IMG_0377.JPG IMG_0375.JPG IMG_0372.JPG IMG_0373.JPG IMG_0380.JPG IMG_0382.JPG IMG_0362.JPG IMG_0369.JPG IMG_0385.JPG IMG_0388.JPG IMG_0384.JPG

Attached Images

• IMG_0357.JPG
  • IMG_0359.JPG
  • IMG_0366.JPG

• Sudsprint and strangeangel like this

#5 ONLINE   spartacus

spartacus

• Full Members
  • 1,268 posts
  • 15 thanks

Posted 10 April 2018 - 09:22 PM

It's ace, I love that, I could live in it! There's some ideas I might use there.

#6 OFFLINE   paulplom

paulplom

• Full Members
  • 412 posts
  • 3 thanks
  • LocationNorth Shields

Posted 11 April 2018 - 04:41 AM

Looks brilliant.

#7 OFFLINE   keith777

keith777

Rank Morris Ital

• Full Members
  • 66 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 12 April 2018 - 09:05 PM

Love these old hymers they're a good old solid bus, and at a bargain price
Good luck with the sale - don't think you'll have it long.
Cheers Keith.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: For Sale

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users