1993 Lancia Dedra 1.6 (8v with Cat) Now won't start £100 MOT August 18, 146k.

bramz7

Go on! You know you want to!

This is a bit like the time you tried to get me to buy that farmer's 480 Turbo and I got chucked out of an exam for calling you a front bottom over the phone.

I'd love to, but I doubt bramz wants to swap for a pile of rare brochures, a ricked Daihatsu Applause or for some Subaru Impreza alloys.

If I take on any more cars my landlord will kill me till I die from it.

I would love a Dedra but short of a miracle, it won't be me buying it, thanks to HELPFUL* MASSIVE BILL which has appeared.

Sorry to hear about the driving woes Brammy. I'm a mechanical FUD but we had a similar-ish situation years ago with Mrs_Jon's Uno 70SX IE, which would run great and then intermittently cut out, or just refuse to start, seemingly at total random. I got stranded by it one day and called the AA, where a 'very nice man' suspected it was either an ECU or a crank sensor fault.

I managed to locate a second hand ECU (unique to Uno 70SX IE models, I found out!) but it didn't make a jot of difference. Once I replaced the crank sensor though, all the issues went away. 

I know you want rid but if you're willing to either swap over the ECU (from memory in my case, it was a case of unplug the old and plug in the replacement - no resetting of anything required) as a free attempt at fixing, it may help. Alternatively, crank sensors for 1.6 Dedras are surprisingly cheap (£10 on Aliexpress!), so maybe worth spending a few quid on, before you let it go for a £143 loss? 

It could be the oxygen sensor as well, possibly.

I potentially have an interested party in it so will update this if it sells. If the sale falls through I may actually sort it out.

Thanks for all the positive comments though. Some good advice there Jon, it must be some sensor or ECU issues.

Friend from school's dad had one of these new in the early 90s; same colour, dunno if it was the same engine. Seemed like a real flash motor at the time, an exclusive executive express. Surprised to learn it's Tipo based; also surprised how small it appears now!

Mega rarity these days; here's hoping a Beano-esque eccentric millionare will show up on your doorstep clutching several bulging bags marked '£££', and extract it from your life.

There's a surprising number of vehicles on these fine pages which have succumbed to this April Asshattery - hopefully it'll suddenly come back to life.

In any event, GLWTS.

Any help to sell it is greatly appreciated. So disappointed in it but equally it's a likely money pit anyway....

I think you took one for the team with this car.

I was tempted to bid on it as well, but have too much going on to consider another motor needing work, so gave it a swerve.

I think you took one for the team with this car.

I was tempted to bid on it as well, but have too much going on to consider another motor needing work, so gave it a swerve.

+1 but at this price is stupidly tempting, killer is that I don’t have transport for it (mind you if I ever get a trailer I will probably end up with 50 cars within a month). Always had a soft spot for the Dedra.