Hyundai Grandeur

Mr_Bo11ox

I was reading 'EVO' in the supermarket yesterday. Richard Porters page was about the Hyundai Grandeur. Apparently this car has been on sale in the UK for 2 years but absolutley zero effort had been made to publicise it. hence 18 examples have been sold so far. Check it out:

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://www.hyundai.co.uk/newCars/grandeur/

The Hyundai Grandeur is a Special Order vehicle and factory lead times may apply when placing an order. Please contact your local dealer for further information.

Had many dealings with a couple of XG30s at work, you can say all you like about it being a well made cheap luxury motor but they are shite-one guy's steering rack bushes pulled through their mountings on the subframe-Hyundai don't make the bushes so he's buggered. Cost of parts is a joke-£800+ for a steering rack, £250 for a plastic rad....the list goes on. oh and you'll be guaranteed all of about £21.00 come PX time....if you can get anyone to buy it from you. Just don't do it kids.

Aaah, the legendary "Bobo Sonata" video! I remember some years back I used to collect these arab drift videos, I have no support for the activity but they were pretty fun to watch, especially when they wanged them into lamp posts and the like.I read into it all, basically what they do is get hold of a FWD car with an autobox (generally a rental car), drive it up to about 100mph and then spin the steering wheel left and right until the traction breaks, then just feed it round and go sideways a lot, usually followed by a load of spins at the end. The best cars for it are the Camry, Sonata and Accord.Bet you feel loads better knowing that!

• 1 month later...

Posted Image

Check this new bit of K-tat out! RWD and with large V6s or a V8 powering it.

Weird 'composite' styling too, bits of Toyota, Lexus, BMW and Mercedes in there.

Shame it's not coming to the UK though, I worry the UK is being seen as one of the most conservative, brand-obsessed markets in the world... :(

I really like that. 10/10 to these korea manufacturers at the mo. I saw a batch of new Kia Picantos being driven off the dock where i work the other day and had to tke a second glance.

Far better styling efforts than most of the euroboxes now :)

Reminds me of a Mazda 6 at the front.What's all that going on at the bottom of the doors? Looks like some sort of mental-looking side step! Or is it just some bit of chrome to hide the rusting door bottoms in 15 years time?