Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
For Sale

Fancy being Arfur Daley? Buy my X350 XJ TDVI

For Sale

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jamiewilson

jamiewilson

• Full Members
  • 287 posts
  • 1 thanks

Posted 01 April 2018 - 06:21 PM

SOLD

Ok I’m having a full refresh of my car habits due to a major late arriving mid life crisis and so to that end I am parting with my faithful and fifth XJ.

Ok standard platitudes aside, it’s been self serviced every year faithfully. It’s done low miles in the last five years but serviced all the same.

New front lower arms this year, rears a few years ago (5-6) and rear disks last year and fronts about 25k ago. Cambelts done just over 5 years ago just before I bought it and I saw it in bits having them done.

It starts, stops and everything works apart from the drivers seat heater and the parking sensors play up a lot.

It has crapnav, recent disk and the 2006 one it came with too. Bluetooth phone, cruise etc etc.

The interior is nicely softened up but not worn looking. Walnut burr is lovely.

It does have some battle scars as my better half can’t park it for some reason (see parking sensors entry above). These include all four corners and a mild scuff to both off side doors. It looks lovely washed and the scuffs seem to fade it being silver n all.

Needs wheels refurbing especially rears as she drove it with the rear pads on metal whilst I was away for a month!! FFS.

Anyway the bird wants a Fiat 500 so we’ve been offered £3k in p/x and the thieves at we buy any car reckon it’s worth £2k so I reckon offers over £2.75k are in order and the dealer can give me the discount instead of bullshit over allowance.

I do have some dealer level diagnostics kit that I’ll chuck in the boot if you wave some extra cash at me as this is the last modern-ish XJ I will be owning. I’m awaiting the 1968 XJ that’s in a relatives bodyshop to be offered to me at sensible money.

If you want it and pay a part payment I will deliver him within 100 miles if you give me a lift back to the nearest mainline station.

Pics now up as I got home from work when it was light finally. I clearly didn’t get round to cleaning him out tomorrow or washing (I’ll get round to it) .
  • RichardK likes this

#2 OFFLINE   MarvinsMom

MarvinsMom

• Full Members
  • 6,085 posts
  • 7 thanks
  • LocationNorth Yorks

Posted 01 April 2018 - 06:28 PM

hmmmm, sounds tempting BUT a jaguar runnning on derv seems wrong to me in so many, many ways.

its the same as a jaguar not having 6 or 12 cylinders, its not wrong but you just don't do it.....

GLWS!

• barefoot and solid61 like this
Current Fleet-
1974 Mini 1000 PROJECT
1996 Lexus Ls400 IT LIVES!!
2001 Rover 75 CDT Tourer
1997 Rover Mini Cooper Sport
1995 Jaguar XJR-6 SOLD
1989 Austin Metro

#3 OFFLINE   jamiewilson

jamiewilson

• Full Members
  • 287 posts
  • 1 thanks

Posted 01 April 2018 - 07:16 PM

hmmmm, sounds tempting BUT a jaguar runnning on derv seems wrong to me in so many, many ways.

its the same as a jaguar not having 6 or 12 cylinders, its not wrong but you just don't do it.....

GLWS!

Previous one was a super v8 and I was so ruined by it financially that a diesel seemed a sensible option at the time. It was that or an LPG 3.0 v6

And I should add

2006 55 reg, cheaper tax, MoT until end of the year. REG RY55ZVM for MoT history etc. 150k miles.
  • Disco Fever and MarvinsMom like this

#4 OFFLINE   flat4alfa

flat4alfa

• Full Members
  • 8,631 posts
  • 29 thanks
  • LocationMoving further way from Gunsmoke Luton soon

Posted 03 April 2018 - 12:36 PM

Looking forward to the pics

BMW E39 SE, Alfa 33 Mk1 QO, Rover R8s: T-series & XUD, Alfa 156 Wagon, funny face Multipla, 80s Honda Aerodeck 
BMW E46 TourerRover 75 CDTiVauxhall FB VX4/90, Daimler XJ40AvantimeX1/9Alfa 146 boxer, Acclaim, XM veg, Maxi, Alfa 6, Alfa 33 QV, Alfa 155, TreviBeta SaloonsLandcrab, P6BRover R8 dervs, FuegoAlfasuds128, 131 and everything else

#5 OFFLINE   83C

83C

Farting in France's general direction

• Full Members
  • 865 posts
  • 7 thanks
  • LocationExeter, mostly.

Posted 03 April 2018 - 01:57 PM

Stonking value. Want a 525d instead?

:ssch00101:

#6 OFFLINE   stephen01

stephen01

• Full Members
  • 1,374 posts
  • 5 thanks
  • LocationSomewhere in the UK

Posted 03 April 2018 - 09:26 PM

Awaiting pictures seems a bargain..

#7 OFFLINE   jamiewilson

jamiewilson

• Full Members
  • 287 posts
  • 1 thanks

Posted 04 April 2018 - 05:27 PM

IMG_0282.JPG

No scary lights
IMG_0283.JPG
IMG_0284.JPG IMG_0285.JPG IMG_0286.JPG IMG_0287.JPG IMG_0288.JPG IMG_0289.JPG IMG_0290.JPG IMG_0291.JPG IMG_0292.JPG IMG_0293.JPG IMG_0294.JPG IMG_0299.JPG IMG_0300.JPG IMG_0296.JPG IMG_0298.JPG IMG_0301.JPG IMG_0302.JPG IMG_0303.JPG IMG_0304.JPG IMG_0305.JPG IMG_0306.JPG IMG_0307.JPG IMG_0308.JPG IMG_0309.JPG IMG_0310.JPG IMG_0295.JPG

Attached Images

• IMG_0310.JPG

• mercedade, Aston Martin, Sudsprint and 6 others like this

#8 OFFLINE   jamiewilson

jamiewilson

• Full Members
  • 287 posts
  • 1 thanks

Posted 04 April 2018 - 05:29 PM

So as you can see I didn’t clean him out or was that’ll happen this weekend. Then I’ll post a few more.

You wanted photos right?

#9 OFFLINE   jamiewilson

jamiewilson

• Full Members
  • 287 posts
  • 1 thanks

Posted 04 April 2018 - 05:44 PM

Stonking value. Want a 525d instead?

If has £3k in the boot why not

#10 OFFLINE   stephen01

stephen01

• Full Members
  • 1,374 posts
  • 5 thanks

Posted 04 April 2018 - 08:38 PM

Very nice!

#11 ONLINE   xtriple

xtriple

German is better than English!

• Full Members
  • 3,456 posts
  • 14 thanks
  • LocationTorquay Devon

Posted 04 April 2018 - 09:14 PM

This would be just right for me apart from diesel. I hate diesel! Can you quickly stick another engine in it and I'll pay the asking?

To be honest, thinking about it anyway, do they go well or slugs?

• Nibblet likes this

#12 OFFLINE   jamiewilson

jamiewilson

• Full Members
  • 287 posts
  • 1 thanks

Posted 04 April 2018 - 09:47 PM

This would be just right for me apart from diesel. I hate diesel! Can you quickly stick another engine in it and I'll pay the asking?

To be honest, thinking about it anyway, do they go well or slugs?

It’s quick as a n/a petrol 3.0 about 7.8 seconds to 60 with 130% of the fuel economy, I thought they were slow on paper but they pull like trains and have a double bulkhead and fancy engine mounts to hide the diesel stuff.

Again it’s needing a few tidying bits, wheel balancing and probably tracking and it’d drive perfectly.

I also rebuilt the air suspension pump and replaced the famous dissolving earth points on the front end. I know these things well, no gearbox lurch either.

Anyway come have a look if you fancy it you’ll not be disappointed.

#13 OFFLINE   AMC Rebel

AMC Rebel

• Full Members
  • 2,916 posts
  • 27 thanks

Posted 04 April 2018 - 09:55 PM

I have owned both the TDVI and (current) 3.0 pez (mine's on LPG).  Although the engine note is less appealing the dizzler is quieter and real-world is slightly more sprightly since there's so much torque - it will embarrass most things on the motorway whilst the pez is still winding up.

Also the TDVI is the 2005.5 on facelift - loses the unsightly rubbing strips from the sides, much better sound insulation due to sound deadening glazing as well as a few other updates and improvements - there's a reason they sold virtually no pez ones after this came out.

Also one without "the lurch" is a real bonus - both of mine have had the lurch.

1994 Range Rover Classic "The Crying Pumpkin" cried off, rusty

2003 Jaaaag XJ 260K miles and counting

2000 Ford Mondeo Verona 1.8 pez FOR SALE Now with new As owner

2000 Ford Puma 1.7 - Roffled and now with new AS owner

1968 AMC Rebel SST convertible (working and road legal but in limp home mode)

1967 AMC Rebel SST convertible (superior body and originality being slowly raided for spares for the '68) Off road for at least the last 25 years

1956 Chevy 210 4 door hardtop - bought in 2000 and still in my garage - I even do a bit of work on it occasionally - long term project

2005 MG ZT-T awaiting completion of engine transplant of spare V6 after OMG HGF on the engine that "never has that problem"

2005 Land Rover Discovery - for long trips and moving engines 

#14 OFFLINE   jamiewilson

jamiewilson

• Full Members
  • 287 posts
  • 1 thanks

Posted 05 April 2018 - 10:16 AM

Also now with added replacement battery, suppose I shouldn’t have told him he was up for sale....
  • stephen01 likes this

#15 OFFLINE   stephen01

stephen01

• Full Members
  • 1,374 posts
  • 5 thanks

Posted 05 April 2018 - 10:18 AM

Deciding​ what's more important, a new front door or this lovely? 

#16 OFFLINE   jamiewilson

jamiewilson

• Full Members
  • 287 posts
  • 1 thanks

Posted 05 April 2018 - 10:19 AM

I have owned both the TDVI and (current) 3.0 pez (mine's on LPG). Although the engine note is less appealing the dizzler is quieter and real-world is slightly more sprightly since there's so much torque - it will embarrass most things on the motorway whilst the pez is still winding up.

Also the TDVI is the 2005.5 on facelift - loses the unsightly rubbing strips from the sides, much better sound insulation due to sound deadening glazing as well as a few other updates and improvements - there's a reason they sold virtually no pez ones after this came out.

Also one without "the lurch" is a real bonus - both of mine have had the lurch.

Previous owner had a Bristol transmissions preemptive filter and fluid change around 100k miles (he said) which I also forgot to mention. He was also a jag forum member which is where I found it.

#17 OFFLINE   bezzabsa

bezzabsa

• Full Members
  • 801 posts
  • 4 thanks
  • LocationPensnett, Black Country, West Midlands..Way too close to Merry Hell shopping centre!!

Posted 05 April 2018 - 02:32 PM

so much drooooool for that...i'm just £2750 short!!!!

2002 Renault scenic 1.6 16v Fidji Auto

1999 Pink-ish Skoda felicia diesel gone to Pastures new

2003 Red Fiat Punto 1.2 8v 

2005 Citroen relay MWB Hi roof 2.2 Hdi Gawn never to be seen again!!!

Both knees fooked, as are 2 disks in my back, and left hip..Diabetes, Chronic depression and rattle after taking my daily meds...Apart from that I'm fine!!!

#18 OFFLINE   Wingz123

Wingz123

• Full Members
  • 554 posts
  • 14 thanks
  • LocationLondon

Posted 06 April 2018 - 01:41 AM

Can you really drive from Switzerland to Blackpool on one tank and still have 150 miles left in the tank?

2002 Audi A6 Avant 1.9TDi PD130

2005 Mercedes Sprinter 311CDi Recovery Truck

2007 Ford Fiesta 1.6TDCi

2009 Toyota Avensis T27 Tourer 2.2 D4D

2013 Toyota Prius 1.8 Hybrid

2003 Kia Sedona 2.9 CRDi

2010 Ford Focus Estate 1.6TDCi Ecomotive

2000 BMW 328ci E46

1998 BMW 523i se E39

#19 OFFLINE   binbag

binbag

Rank Morris Ital

• Full Members
  • 57 posts
  • 3 thanks
  • Locationmiddlesbrough

Posted 06 April 2018 - 11:25 AM

Can you really drive from Switzerland to Blackpool on one tank and still have 150 miles left in the tank?

I doubt it, I cant see Jeremy Clarkshite driving economically.

#20 OFFLINE   dieselnutjob

dieselnutjob

• Full Members
  • 2,724 posts
  • 3 thanks
  • LocationLondon UK

Posted 06 April 2018 - 12:34 PM

I have had one of these for a while, and I paid a lot more that £2750 for it.

I have had a few niggles with mine, the worst being a turbo that seized up last winter.  The replacement was £400 and it took me 18 hours to change.  It also needed a new airconditioning condensor and all of the parts places say that the petrol one will fit (because the Hella database says so) but it doesn't; I had to get a genuine JLR one.

It is an utterly brilliant car and they are actually quite easy to look after.  You don't need Jaguar dealers and you will rarely need to even use a Jaguar part (except for the AC condensor).  I did an new oil pump, water pump, timing belt and tensioners when I got mine and bought the parts from a mixture of the local Peugeot dealer and independent Landrover place.

You can get your own dealer level diagnostics tool from British Diagnostics which is the same as what the real Jag dealer has.

The electronics are actually pretty robust and reliable.

You can swap out the touch screen for an Android one.

The Jaguar Forum was got some very knowledgeable and enthusiastic owners on there and I have found the enthusiast support much better than Peugeots.

Even the air suspension is relatively easy to fix as there is a company that reconditions the struts, and another that sells the parts to recondition the air compressor yourself.  One chap successfully substituted in a BMW one instead.

You need to be aware that these cars need a low ash (low SAPS) engine oil but that Jaguar didn't specify it and so a lot of places will give you the wrong oil and eventually it buggers up the DPF.  You need a WSS M2C934B compliant oil.  Also you should only ever half fill them with oil.

They don't suit people who only do short journeys because the DPF can never clean, and eventually it will fill the sump with diesel trying and failing to do it.  People who do a lot of motorway miles don't seem to have problems with them.

I think that the most difficult aspect of ownership is the sheer size of the thing, they are both wide and long.

We took ours to Southern Spain and back last year and this is the first car that my wife has been happy to do the journey in because it's so comfortable.  We will be doing the same this summer.  My average fuel consumption to Spain and back was 40mpg and I wasn't hanging about.

I get about 32-33mpg in London and I did average 56mpg on one return trip to Cardiff when I was disciplined enough to keep the cruise on 70mph.  Setting the cruise at 79mph seems to get me an average of about 40mpg.  For such a big car they are quite light weight.

• Sheefag, Magnificent Rustbucket, stephen01 and 1 other like this

Welcome to Autoshite's Closet Peugeot Fanciers Society.

594039.png96811.png 604 blog

Low cost diagnostic tool for Rover, MG & Landrover cars www.pscan.eu

Thanked by 1 Member:
Sheefag

#21 OFFLINE   jamiewilson

jamiewilson

• Full Members
  • 287 posts
  • 1 thanks

Posted 06 April 2018 - 06:26 PM

To clarify mine doesn’t have a DPF being the early model it wasn’t legally required, as for 1000 miles I’d be surprised although the hybrid I bought just did this.

b7731a520b19726a2c79ed2445b4a15f.jpg

Mine does 50:50 crawling and flow controlled mway and averages 36 mpg. 28 around town and high 40’s on a run.

Biggest problems are earths, usually they rot off via electrolytic corrosion, the duffers I replaced with alloy bits and then coated in wurth spray.

#22 OFFLINE   jamiewilson

jamiewilson

• Full Members
  • 287 posts
  • 1 thanks

Posted 06 April 2018 - 06:30 PM

Deciding​ what's more important, a new front door or this lovely?

Clearly this but I am biased
a67682763267fbf91ae7d9fbfeb41445.jpg
  • alf892 and stephen01 like this

#23 OFFLINE   BorniteIdentity

BorniteIdentity

Dangly Mirrored Sierra Saviour of the year!

• Full Members
  • 3,520 posts
  • 33 thanks

Posted 06 April 2018 - 06:54 PM

Absolutely smashing. It’s times like this I wish I wasn’t so tight !

1999 Toyota Avensis SR.  225k|   1996 Toyota Granvia.  185k|   1989 Mercedes Benz 190 bASe.  96k|   1983 Ford Sierra bASe.  154k|

https://sierrabase.wordpress.com/

#24 OFFLINE   jamiewilson

jamiewilson

• Full Members
  • 287 posts
  • 1 thanks

Posted 06 April 2018 - 09:13 PM

Absolutely smashing. It’s times like this I wish I wasn’t so tight !

You know it’s funny I’ve spent years doing huge miles in misery, veg oil powered transits, combo vans, cavaliers, non turbo polo diesels. You name it I’ve done 20-30k a year in em.

I had a recent epiphany regards life expectancy when mum passed away last year and I decided how much of the money I have saved up for a rainy day I could take with me. To that end I’ve not gone crazy but I’ve installed a bit of enjoyment into those tedious miles. I may go back to my old habits after this blip but a heater that works, steering that doesn’t judder and something that colleagues don’t look aghast at is nice for a change.

Obviously when I do get back on the wagon I’m going to go for full misery spec.

Anyway buy my jag!

The old hymer is getting sold next.
  • alf892 likes this

#25 OFFLINE   Hooli

Hooli

• Full Members
  • 9,906 posts
  • 109 thanks
  • LocationNr Doncaster

Posted 06 April 2018 - 09:19 PM

Now this is bloody lovely, but like others too skint soz.

#26 OFFLINE   AMC Rebel

AMC Rebel

• Full Members
  • 2,916 posts
  • 27 thanks

Posted 06 April 2018 - 11:32 PM

To clarify mine doesn’t have a DPF being the early model it wasn’t legally required, as for 1000 miles I’d be surprised although the hybrid I bought just did this.

Are you sure about this? My very early pre production 2005.5 model had the dpf fitted (never had any bother with it).  Fairly sure they all do.  Early derv S-types had no DPF, but not for long.

1994 Range Rover Classic "The Crying Pumpkin" cried off, rusty

2003 Jaaaag XJ 260K miles and counting

2000 Ford Mondeo Verona 1.8 pez FOR SALE Now with new As owner

2000 Ford Puma 1.7 - Roffled and now with new AS owner

1968 AMC Rebel SST convertible (working and road legal but in limp home mode)

1967 AMC Rebel SST convertible (superior body and originality being slowly raided for spares for the '68) Off road for at least the last 25 years

1956 Chevy 210 4 door hardtop - bought in 2000 and still in my garage - I even do a bit of work on it occasionally - long term project

2005 MG ZT-T awaiting completion of engine transplant of spare V6 after OMG HGF on the engine that "never has that problem"

2005 Land Rover Discovery - for long trips and moving engines 

#27 OFFLINE   BorniteIdentity

BorniteIdentity

• Full Members
  • 3,520 posts
  • 33 thanks

Posted 07 April 2018 - 10:21 AM

You know it’s funny I’ve spent years doing huge miles in misery, veg oil powered transits, combo vans, cavaliers, non turbo polo diesels. You name it I’ve done 20-30k a year in em.

I had a recent epiphany regards life expectancy when mum passed away last year and I decided how much of the money I have saved up for a rainy day I could take with me. To that end I’ve not gone crazy but I’ve installed a bit of enjoyment into those tedious miles. I may go back to my old habits after this blip but a heater that works, steering that doesn’t judder and something that colleagues don’t look aghast at is nice for a change.

Obviously when I do get back on the wagon I’m going to go for full misery spec.

Anyway buy my jag!

The old hymer is getting sold next.

I hear you, brother.

I wanted one of these from the moment I first saw them. I could definitely daily a car with those MPG numbers too.

Sadly, I haven’t spent over £1500 on a car for myself in about 6 years!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • alf892 and jamiewilson like this

1999 Toyota Avensis SR.  225k|   1996 Toyota Granvia.  185k|   1989 Mercedes Benz 190 bASe.  96k|   1983 Ford Sierra bASe.  154k|

#28 OFFLINE   dieselnutjob

dieselnutjob

• Full Members
  • 2,724 posts
  • 3 thanks
  • LocationLondon UK

Posted 08 April 2018 - 08:56 AM

Are you sure about this? My very early pre production 2005.5 model had the dpf fitted (never had any bother with it). Fairly sure they all do. Early derv S-types had no DPF, but not for long.

All the publicity from the government says that the MOT tester will check whether one is fitted or not.

In practice the first step is that the MOT tester needs to know whether it is supposed to have one or not so that he knows whether to check it, and it is the computer that tells. If the computer doesn't say then he shouldn't care.

My understanding is that the lower particulate emissions numbers came in with Euro 5 which was compulsory in 2009.

As the X350 is Euro 4 and 2006 it seems likely that although it does have a DPF as standard it didn't actually need one legally and the MOT computer won't trigger the tester to check it.

Welcome to Autoshite's Closet Peugeot Fanciers Society.

594039.png96811.png 604 blog

Low cost diagnostic tool for Rover, MG & Landrover cars www.pscan.eu

#29 OFFLINE   alf892

alf892

• Full Members
  • 2,149 posts
  • 9 thanks
  • LocationNorthants

Posted 08 April 2018 - 04:33 PM

I hear you, brother.
I wanted one of these from the moment I first saw them. I could definitely daily a car with those MPG numbers too.
Sadly, I haven’t spent over £1500 on a car for myself in about 6 years!

Come on man....this is simple man maths.

£1500 quid 6 years ago is about £3250 in today's money. So if you buy this you have saved £500 before you even start......
  • Lacy, Sheefag, Hooli and 1 other like this

#30 OFFLINE   BorniteIdentity

BorniteIdentity

• Full Members
  • 3,520 posts
  • 33 thanks

Posted 08 April 2018 - 04:34 PM

Come on man....this is simple man maths.

£1500 quid 6 years ago is about £3250 in today's money. So if you buy this you have saved £500 before you even start......

Last month you told me off for buying a car when I’ve got no central heating.

Now you’re telling me stick it all on red! (Silver)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: For Sale

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users