Der Führerwagen is FINALLY sold - Suggestions for replacement invited - Caution: No Diesels!

Junkman

Not horrendously dismal: Just incredibly dull.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-E34-2-0l-520i-A-Touring-Auto-79-000-miles-Super-condition/232786181709?hash=item3633233e4d:g:pbUAAOSw7kVbDUp~

He might take One and a Half. 4 cash 2nite etc etc.

5 speed auto so it's civilised. nice 2.0 strate six and being a 520i, no rear self levelling to go wrong. Cloth and no A/C. 

The thing is with these BMWs is that however good they are, and I expect that they are very good in absolute terms, they are joyless to behold for me. I really don't want to open my front door of a morning to see one. I know that is not rational, but being ruthlessly rational about cars has got me in the shit**before and I won't be doing that again.

I'd rather own a broken Bristol, Gamma, VelStasis or Avantime than any engineered to the n'th degree 5 / 7 series.

**New Golf syndrome

The thing is with these BMWs is that however good they are, and I expect that they are very good in absolute terms, they are joyless to behold for me. I really don't want to open my front door of a morning to see one. I know that is not rational, but being ruthlessly rational about cars has got me in the shit**before and I won't be doing that again.

I'd rather own a broken Bristol, Gamma, VelStasis or Avantime than any engineered to the n'th degree 5 / 7 series.

**New Golf syndrome

You're quite right. For me they have that 'fuck me, these were good' feeling but I've rarely felt the way about an E34 that I felt about an E28 or an Alfasud over 30 years ago. Moving onto the E39, they are just an old car to me. 

Of course I've been dicked about, as it is now absolutely compulsory on eBay.

This one has a new quality though, he actually paid a deposit! There must be more rewarding hobbies...

Anyway, I relisted it yesterday (I'm a stupid man, what can I do?) and it sure didn't take long.

Hi mate

What would you take cash for it

Exactly as much as I would take for it by bank transfer.

Hi do you have a buy it now price would. Get it collected ASAP thanks

I listed it as an auction there. Is thus no BIN by definition.

Hi, will you take £800 for the mercedes, requires A LOT of work due to corrosion

Yes, I will take £800 for it, times three. The amount of work required is the very reason why I would settle for such a low sum.

In fact, the two front wings alone which I throw in for free would easily yield £800 if I sold them separately.

Any buy it now price

auction
ˈɔːkʃ(ə)n

noun: auction; plural noun: auctions
a public sale in which goods or property are sold to the highest bidder.

Hi there wot do you need for the old 280 as is I need a doner car I'm restoring one it's to rusty to restore but would be good for me I can pay you a deposit and get a mate to pick it up I don't need to look thanks henry

What I would really need is someone who doesn't give me a lot of horseshit, comes around with a transporter, looks at the car, pays me an adequate amount of money, loads it up and takes it away.

But I'm afraid all the men who would have that decency fell at the Monte Cassino.

Guest Hooli

Once again the eBay tat thread has saved the day. Large saloon, with auto box, velour, 6 cylinders and demeanor which still cuts mustard in the corporate car park today.

Currently at £500 with 18 hours to go, which will possibly leave enough money to paint over the rust and find out what "some TLC" constitutes.

attachicon.gifs-l1600 (25).jpg

attachicon.gifs-l1600 (24).jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAUXHALL-SENATOR/153059607846?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160908105057%26meid%3Dc8a48f745d2c416f947690491ebbf6aa%26pid%3D100675%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D15%26mehot%3Dpp%26sd%3D192572117454%26itm%3D153059607846&_trksid=p2481888.c100675.m4236&_trkparms=pageci%3Ac94e9b6d-7350-11e8-89c0-74dbd180eab9%7Cparentrq%3A154424061640add882bd722afff38bb2%7Ciid%3A1

I'd lick that, they are bloody lovely motors.

Of course I've been dicked about, as it is now absolutely compulsory on eBay.

This one has a new quality though, he actually paid a deposit! There must be more rewarding hobbies...

Anyway, I relisted it yesterday (I'm a stupid man, what can I do?) and it sure didn't take long.

Exactly as much as I would take for it by bank transfer.

I listed it as an auction there. Is thus no BIN by definition.

Yes, I will take £800 for it, times three. The amount of work required is the very reason why I would settle for such a low sum.

In fact, the two front wings alone which I throw in for free would easily yield £800 if I sold them separately.

auction
ˈɔːkʃ(ə)n

noun: auction; plural noun: auctions
a public sale in which goods or property are sold to the highest bidder.

What I would really need is someone who doesn't give me a lot of horseshit, comes around with a transporter, looks at the car, pays me an adequate amount of money, loads it up and takes it away.

But I'm afraid all the men who would have that decency fell at the Monte Cassino.

Ebay is probably the most accurate barometer of the human race. The biggest threat to humanity is not AIDS, Ebola or cancer. It is stupidity, a condition for which there is no cure.  GLWTS m8

Why not just keep putting it on 3 day listings and taking the deposits from the dipshits who never turn up? It's another source of income.....

I once did this 5 times in a row with an old car that nobody could be arsed coming to collect when they won it!

ETA why chuck in those wings for free? I bet you'd have no trouble selling those on the bay - after all it requires someone who actually owns a car to need them, so you can be sure of avoiding all the dreamers!

The only question then is what car to buy for £800 and what to do with a rotted Merc in your backyard that nobody will buy...