Der Führerwagen is FINALLY sold - Suggestions for replacement invited - Caution: No Diesels!

Junkman

That is lovely

How does MBtex compare to leather?

A lot more hard wearing!

These are lovely cars. They're incredibly handsome things which drive like a large power boat and drip with a strange charisma. It is nigh-on impossible not to smile when driving one (especially with a V8!) My uncle had a 280SE 3.5 many years ago in the same colour as this, but with stacked headlights. It was wonderful. They have the same easy superiority as the Silver Shadow. A proper Mercedes - and they haven't made one of those for a long time.

If you want a complete spares car ( & I do mean spares) a good friend in Brighton has one sitting under a tarp.

Last I saw it was kinda in the way, and he offered it to me for free. Sadly, I have no need, and the effort of shifting it with no immediate agenda put me off, but if you want it, PM me - I'll put you in touch.

Loved mine, back in the day, but don't miss it enough..

Fixed your signature for you

1967 Renault 16 GL............................................now with floor and MoT

1971 Mercedes 280SE..............................................irrevocably fucked

1979 Mobylette AV89............................................................running
1997 Peugeot 405 2.0 Executive Estate.................now with aircon and brakes

Lovely old M130 as well, superb.

Spurr Classics in Sheffield had a stunning one of these in an orangey red, crisp as a new fiver and about £15'000. Strange how W108's are so undervalued compared with the Mark II Jag which of course is vastly inferior.

I have actually sat in Hitler's Merc. It was at the NEC around 30 years ago, roped off and the ropes meant it was perfectly okay for me to leap over, sit in the back and have a picture taken. I got a bollocking. I wasn't even doing the salute FFS.

In 1994 I was between Company cars so bought the black 280CE as a stop gap. In 1996 I changed jobs to one without a company car, I liked the black one so much I bought the white one. I used the white one as my daily for 3 years including maxing it out in Germany at over 120 mph, good times.

post-4787-0-76331900-1522433030_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-11583300-1522433091_thumb.jpg