Festival of the Unexceptional on Saturday 14th July 2018

Six-cylinder

Saab is filthy and full of kid stuff and Maccies wrappers, water bottles and camping gear...

So I'm ready for the show!!!

I will wash it en route.

So if I wanted to join the convoy from Silver's place (won't make it for breakfast) what is the intended leaving time and can I hop on the back of the convoy from there?

CX now has full tank of super unleaded, paid for by Nectar points.

Didn't manage to wash it, as the local jet wash is closed for repairs. Need not have worried, as it's just after raining really quite heavily here....

On the other hand, I think I've spotted a leak under the front subframe. It's not LHM, as the little puddle isn't green. Hmmm....

I'm not awake, have just had a pie (surprisingly).

About to leave to get dizzle then to pick up Blind Trev.

Can I request someone texts me the postcode/address for Silvers breakfast Club? 

OH 7 nine OH six TRIPLEONE 8 seven ZERO

I’ve had to admit defeat on this.

I’m way behind schedule on the kitchen project and, thanks to the continued efforts of the supplier to relentlessly fuck me about, I can’t really afford to be out all day.

I’m hoping that, one day, I’ll actually be able to do things for myself like ‘have friends’ and ‘do stuff’ but it’s been 10 years since that happened. With 4 children and a horrible house, it’s likely to be the same again.

Lots of photos please. Hope you all have a great time.

I'm up , but not able to make it at all as I have to go in search of flexi brake pipes .

I have the SPECTATOR PARKING thing from the Hagerty which you are meant to download . It has my name on it and a number which is registered to the Mitsubishi Sigma but apart from that it should be ok to use it .

Would anyone like me to forward it on to them . I'm not sure if you have to print it out or just open it on your phone . It might enable another Shitter to access the show at Stowe . Let me know !

I’ve had to admit defeat on this.............

Shame. I'm out on this as well, because of reasons.

Somewhat peeved when the Sunny is sitting out there with its shiny new paint and the weather looks to be fantastic, but unfortunately circumstances dictate I have other things to attend to.

Hope all attending have a great time, look forward to pic's.

I arrived for my short break at the Field Of Delinquents holiday resort early this morning.

post-13750-0-29989100-1531562481_thumb.jpg

I found my room easily and despite it being a bit grubby and in need of redecoration, it was comfortable and peaceful.

post-13750-0-48818000-1531562555_thumb.jpg

I had an hour in bed before cracking on with the day. There was only one channel available on the TV in my suite but the program was excellent.

post-13750-0-56116500-1531562611_thumb.jpg

There was a queue for the breakfast bar but the service was first class and the staff were highly skilled.

post-13750-0-76122300-1531562714_thumb.jpg

I then went for a promenade with the other resort guests.

post-13750-0-14003400-1531562817_thumb.jpg

I left those hooligans to their motor car hijinks near the entrance to the fete a short while ago and returned to the resort complex for a bit of R&R and maybe a pedicure or a mud bath or a ShihTzu massage or whatever.

post-13750-0-58556900-1531562872_thumb.jpg

Have a grand day everyone, and I'll see some of you for the cabaret back at the hotel later on.

Flew back to Nottingham - roads were dead because of the England game I think.

Saw a lot of Shiters' cars but not their owners, sadly. Ghosty took me under his wing and we had a lovely meander through the field admiring some superchod.

Good to see Mr Lobster's concours Renner 4 - we hung around for moral support during the prizegiving, but no rosettes sadly.

Nodded at Dollywobbler who was being mobbed by Invalickers - at least I got to touch the chariot of blue.

Did grab the book and Top Trumps, not bad for a fiver.

Super weather, lovely vibe around the place, decent live music. Posh gaff, very posh.

Even though the Streetshite was parked up in the spectators' field it did get papped by someone !