Festival of the Unexceptional on Saturday 14th July 2018

Six-cylinder

I will be setting off in about three hours to collect Supernaut from Birmingham airport.

He'll be kipping at mine for two nights and we'll be going from my place near 15a of the M1 to FoTU on the Saturday.

I'm glad he's with me as he'll hopefully recognise some of you from Shitefest and be able to let me know who's who... :-D

Looks like there's going to be a whole lotta unexceptionally brilliant metal there this year! I'm already looking forward to seeing an Audi 100 Avant...will bring back memories of family holidays from over 20 years ago...

SILVERS' SERVICE FOTU BREAKFAST CLUB

1. davidfowler2000

2. Chaseracer

3. dollywobbler

4. Zelandeth

5. mitsisigma01?

6. catsinthewelder

7. Six-cylinder?

8. AnthonyG?

9. mat_the_cat

10. Ghosty

11. puddlethumper

12 outlaw118

13 DBrown67

Question marks please confirm or deny.

Anyone else?

When I helped the Silvers collect their Renault 6 this was parked a couple of doors down!

Yes I remember you showing me before but alas it is a "common" Galant and the rear axle to chassis flexy pipes are to short ,

I've searched the local factors and the nearest I found was off a Honda AccOrd ,

Needs to be 400mm long female fitment at each end with a notch in each end fitment to fit the retaining clip in .Apparently the Accord one also fits some rover/mg but not sure what ones. anyone happen to have one ?????

I'll be along tomorrow at the show in this unexceptional Longbridge Honda with its Austin-lineage engine.

Feel free to walk up to me and complain debate gush about the wheel choice

SAM_1106.jpg

It may well have a boot full of brochures and other bits to be pillaged purchased donations to AS coffers

Yes I remember you showing me before but alas it is a "common" Galant and the rear axle to chassis flexy pipes are to short ,

I've searched the local factors and the nearest I found was off a Honda AccOrd ,

Needs to be 400mm long female fitment at each end with a notch in each end fitment to fit the retaining clip in .Apparently the Accord one also fits some rover/mg but not sure what ones. anyone happen to have one ?????

rover 600

I've given the Peugeot a quick blast with a jet wash and stuck some diesel in the tank, which is about as far as my preparations are going to go.  The plan is that I'm picking a mate up in Norwich at 7 tomorrow morning, so all going well we should be getting to Cambourne in time to tag along with the East Anglian Massive.

I can't be there as usual, this year's excuse* being a drive to Cornwall on Monday (I know it's 'on the way')

If anyone can please pick up a brochure for me I will of course refund and defray postage costs. Many thanks.

post-20084-0-77734000-1531508556_thumb.png

I've had a day of fettling the Reliant and it has not disgraced itself but will only run with the engine cowling off once hot.  This makes the car's interior very warm even with the windows open.  It seems happy enough trundling around the estate at 30mph.  I am also not running too well in the heat.  Despite drinking a pint or so of water per hour I'm still running a bit pink (catheter), so unfortunately I'll have to give this evening a miss.  Tomorrow I'll give the Reliant more road time and if my confidence in it is sufficient I may head to the FOD on the offchance that some shiters are still hanging around after the show.

I hope you all enjoy the festival.  It's usually a good one.

I've had a day of fettling the Reliant and it has not disgraced itself but will only run with the engine cowling off once hot. This makes the car's interior very warm even with the windows open. It seems happy enough trundling around the estate at 30mph. I am also not running too well in the heat. Despite drinking a pint or so of water per hour I'm still running a bit pink (catheter), so unfortunately I'll have to give this evening a miss. Tomorrow I'll give the Reliant more road time and if my confidence in it is sufficient I may head to the FOD on the offchance that some shiters are still hanging around after the show.

I hope you all enjoy the festival. It's usually a good one.

Would be lovely to have more three-wheelers action if you can make it Ray. I think there might be quite a gathering after FOTU.