Festival of the Unexceptional on Saturday 14th July 2018

Six-cylinder

SILVERS' SERVICE FOTU BREAKFAST CLUB

Any chance of a show of hands for this please, so we have some idea of numbers.

Doesn't have to be exact, a rough approximation will be fine. It's free at point of sale.

If you put your name down and don't turn up we won't send the boys round.

If you don't put your name down and decide to just turn up on the day the same boys won't evict you from the premises.

If you think you might attend please copy and paste the list below in true roffle fashion and add your name to it. If you run out of numbers feel free to add some more. It isn't limited to 10.

Thank you.

1. davidfowler2000

2. Chaseracer

I'll raise my hand for a breakfast. Want anything for the coffers?

There's going to be a junior judges award for pre-teen kids to choose their car of the show, which may be of interest to those of us with little ones in tow.

How child friendly is the field of dreams camping likely to be?

Planning to be at the festival, but will have a ten year old and a shite mad girlfriend in tow...

There have been drunk people and wizards swinging on tyres at Autoshite get togethers but always within reason.

It is an 11 acre site so if you want to separate from adults drinking and talking rubbish you can move away to your own corner.

There have been drunk people and wizards swinging on tyres at Autoshite get togethers but always within reason.

Hey, I resemble that remark!

Actually I will be being sensible this weekend, as I have a marathon on the Sunday. Limited wine and an early night I think!

A likely for a breakfast though please :-)

1. davidfowler2000
2. Chaseracer
3. dollywobbler
4. Zelandeth
5. mitsisigma01?
6. catsinthewelder?
7. Six-cylinder?
8. AnthonyG?
9. mat_the_cat

Noticed that all tickets are gone now, so I have that 'free passenger' space available in my car if it helps someone out.  Happy to collect Autoshiters from Bletchley station as I'll be passing

Just in case this missed ^

But make that two spaces now, as travelling in convoy

Because fwend

1. davidfowler2000
2. Chaseracer
3. dollywobbler
4. Zelandeth
5. mitsisigma01?
6. catsinthewelder?
7. Six-cylinder?
8. AnthonyG?
9. mat_the_cat
10. Ghosty

Question marks plese confirm or deny.

Anyone else?

I'm up for a brekky. Don't know how to copy and paste, coz tech dingbat.

Edit; Where is silvers service ?

1. davidfowler2000
2. Chaseracer
3. dollywobbler
4. Zelandeth
5. mitsisigma01?
6. catsinthewelder?
7. Six-cylinder?
8. AnthonyG?
9. mat_the_cat
10. Ghosty
11. puddlethumper

Question marks plese confirm or deny.

Anyone else?

The silvers' place is in Buckingham.

It's halfway between Six-cylinder's Field of Dreams and the Festival at Stowe (about 4 or 5 miles each way).

We don't wan't to give out the exact locations on a public forum.

The plan is to convoy from the FoD to here at about 9:00am, then on to the FotU afterwards, so if you PM Six-cylinder for this location and can get there before 9, I will be there to give directions to the breakfast venue.

Want that one.....

I wanted one for over two years. That's how long it took for fate and finance to coincide in a willing seller.

If you genuinely want a CX, it seems to be a limited choice now and you'll need to take whatever opportunity comes up.

Latest Practical Classics claims average CX values have gone up across the board by as much as 44%. Dunno where they got that figure from, or how it was calculated* - maybe they just base it on auction sales, or pluck a figure out of thin air.

Thankyou for the kind offer of breakfast but I'm not staying at the FoD on Friday night so will probably head straight for Stowe House unless anyone needs a lift into the grounds.

I'm definitely out of this now. Between a visit from the bailiffs and a hospital admittance I'm kind of screwed! Have fun folks.

FFS Bub,  if there is anything I/we can do then just shout OK.

/\ Also this. 

I'll probably head straight to Stowe as I reckon its about 4 hours from here to there so an early start beckons already. 

Very kind offer though, see you all there!

Anyway, its been cleaned and looks reasonably presentable. Another once over on Friday and probably a quick lick Saturday morning but we're about ready...

post-590-0-48413400-1531340396_thumb.jpg

The Sigma is undergoing majorly awkward brake pipe changing where everything has been mullered before and no nuts are still six sided so I doubt if the Sigma will be in attendance, not sure about sleeping in a Mx5 being 6ft plus though ... I must try and fix Sigmawagon or an early start on Saturday a.m to get to FoD