Festival of the Unexceptional on Saturday 14th July 2018

Six-cylinder

ends up being so poorly organised that they don’t bother in future..

Last year it didn't feel like this and was great. Danny Hopkins as compare on the steps and a good vibe all round. Even the cloudbursts didn't dampen

This time though, it's as if a marketing staffer at Hagerty called in a repeat favour off the groundsman and the stuffy Trustees' noses were put out of joint. Perhaps a fear of the unwashed public means we are to be kettled into the lower field, to be kept away from the inevitable £100k wedding party in the east wing

*other extreme views available

Meanwhile, another e-mail:

This time next weekend the Unexceptional will be well under way and we can’t wait!

If you haven’t done so already can you please download and print out your pass from the Festival booking website, this is under the dashboard section of the site!

When you arrive at Stowe if you can place this pass in your front windscreen this will speed up the entry process for everyone at the event and then follow any marshals instructions for where to park.

The event opens at 10am and we ask for you to arrive from this time onwards, the concours judging will start around 11.30 and the prize giving from 2.30 with the show closing at 3.

We do have a number of catering units attending the event but there is a prize for the best picnic at the event so why not bring one along! Also don’t forget the your best corduroy as the judging team will be looking out for the best dressed at the event!

The post code for Stowe School MK18 5EH, other post codes might take you to the national trust car park.

New for 2018 is a junior judges section so if your bringing along a little one come see us for a voting slip so they can have their say, there is also a people choice award again.

If you are arriving in an Unexceptional Classic you still have a chance to get into the concours area as 5 cars will be pulled from the car park!

As this is the 5 year of the event we have gathering together all of the past winners for a special display along with a couple of manufactures.

We look forward to seeing you all next week.

Turns out this is WRONG INFORMATION! If you haven't got a ticket, you can't enter the show. This is starting to get a bit frustrating now...

EDIT - further confirmed that if you pay £12 for house AND grounds, you should be able to see the show. The email BI took the info from is sent by a company not related to Hagerty who clearly hadn't actually asked anyone what the deal is.

Hmmm, does this mean that you now can't get in for free as a passenger now? I was kind of hoping to get in that way (as I was too late for the non-chod parking).

OK, so WTF is actually going on with entry then? I've got a mate and his Mrs tagging along - mate and I will get in free, but will Mrs have to pay £6.50, or £12, or will she get in free as well as she's in a classic* car?

I wouldn't worry, we'll collectively have enough seats for everyone if there's any concern. I'm happy to take someone in.

Was going to go sat, only just realised it is sold out, has any one found out if you can pay to see the house and just go to car show bit. I've tried ringing the house but it's probably easier to speak to the head of MI6 than get through to someone

You'll apparently need a £12 'House and grounds' ticket. 

SILVERS' SERVICE FOTU BREAKFAST CLUB

Okay all potential FoD vistors on FotU day (Saturday 14th July).
Due to lack of suitable early-morning eatery nearby, here is a suggestion.
Convoy at about 9:00am from FoD to the Silvers' abode in Buckingham.
Can't offer full cafe service but could do tea/coffee/toast/bacon butties.
You can even say hello to Bob the Renault.
Resume convoy at about 9:45 to FotU.
Anyone up for this?
If so, be at the FoD before 9:00 and I will hand out top-secret directions to chez Silvers.

Any chance of a show of hands for this please, so we have some idea of numbers.

Doesn't have to be exact, a rough approximation will be fine. It's free at point of sale.

If you put your name down and don't turn up we won't send the boys round.

If you don't put your name down and decide to just turn up on the day the same boys won't evict you from the premises.

If you think you might attend please copy and paste the list below in true roffle fashion and add your name to it. If you run out of numbers feel free to add some more. It isn't limited to 10.

Thank you.

Probably makes more sense for Zel and myself to come to you for brekkie rather than head to the FoD. Can't speak for Zel, but it seems sensible! I'll let him reply too.

If you are with Zel in MK the FoD is between him and us. It would be good if you could stop off at the FoD so that you can join the convoy. It's only about a 5 minute detour and the convoy needs an Invacar!

It does, and it does.

I appreciate these guys are not festival organisers - but my greatest fear is this year ends up being so poorly organised that they don’t bother in future.

I’m sure they are already thinking about next year. I’d encourage them to simplify things for their own sanity more than anything or anyone else.

I have more than an organisational beef with the place, hence why I'm not going.

It's lost focus, frankly.

I could live life on the edge and attempt to drive the Sigma to the FoD with no brakes and hope to fix it whilst there ..... but then again I might just do a sickie tomorrow and try it on the red hot tarmac . If successful, overnight camp on Friday and an invite to breakfast would be good . If not , the mx5 shed will be brought out to lower the tone of the FotU

SILVERS' SERVICE FOTU BREAKFAST CLUB

1. Chaseracer

Looks like I'm going to be heading down on Saturday morning as Ms C is cutting it as fine as possible.  On the plus side I won't have the kids and can camp on Saturday night.  Will head off earlyish on Sunday as I've been offered a co-driving spot on someone else's racing mower.