Festival of the Unexceptional on Saturday 14th July 2018

Six-cylinder

We're less than half an hour away, so probably just do two runs, unless I can convince my other half that the Lada won't try too hard to kill him in 15 or so miles! Would like to have the Xantia along as well too, they're one of those cars that fall well into the "were everywhere but are now almost extinct" category.

Sounds like a good excuse to buy that coach you've always wanted. Remove seats, put Invacar and Lada in the back, Italian Job style.

The Cavalier is going again this year. Last year was my first time attending this event and it was by far the best one I've done for ages. My main interest in classics are the basic, street furniture types.I love the lower spec cars and this event was crammed with beautiful motors. We need more events around this theme, nearly every show has cars that you just walk past like most, E types etc. To see a Sunny Estate and the like would be great

To see a Sunny Estate and the like would be great

Closest I'll be able to offer will be a low-spec 5dr Sunny hatchback. My other two old crocks have been for the last two years so it's the turn of that one this time.

I'm not sure I'll be able to enjoy the hospitality but it's very kind of you to offer up the camping option Mr Six-cylinder. 3pm does seem a rather premature time to tend a show and last year they were virtually chasing us off the garden. This year we won't have the Little Chef to head-off to.

Please can we have better weather in the afternoon?........

I have now booked for the classic car park, but it was very hard work registering and making sure all the information they wanted and boxes that needed ticking were filled in or it just went nowhere.

This was after my desktop security would let me go to the booking site because it says "carfestivalbooking.com uses an unsupported protocol", I have no idea what that means or how to get round it so I had to use my tablet, but I have no photos on it and had to photograph my main screen with a picture of the car on it. Now I can't print from my tablet.

For me a parchment, quill and penny black would have been easier!

Anybody want to have a guess which car I have booked for this event?

Hi guys :)  I'm new to the forum but have been a lurker for a bit.  Been keeping my eye on this festival as missed it last year. Just booked in now. Looking forward to this as I always prefer the bread and butter cars over the much too serious exotica. If the camping is open then I'll join too. Bring my own tinnies of course. I don't need a tent as I doss in the van  :P   Luxury!