Festival of the Unexceptional on Saturday 14th July 2018

Six-cylinder

Is it still happening then?  I've been off this thread for a week or so, but have bumped into a few people at shows, slating it.  "Massive fallout" was muttered by one.

It's all about anger over the entrance limit for 'spectators', nothing else.  Very poor publicity both for Hagerty and the show.

The Monsieur Bo11ox comment at top of previous page sums it up

The Dyane is not going to make it to FOTU.  Anyone know whether bookings can be altered, or shall I just turn up in the 205 and argue the point on the day?

Shouldn't think it'll be an issue at all.

Is it still happening then?  I've been off this thread for a week or so, but have bumped into a few people at shows, slating it.  "Massive fallout" was muttered by one.

It's all about anger over the entrance limit for 'spectators', nothing else.  Very poor publicity both for Hagerty and the show.

The Monsieur Bo11ox comment at top of previous page sums it up

As far as I know it's still on. Organisers have been hamstrung by differing venue requirements this year - I think perhaps too many turned up last year? Hasn't been handled superbly perhaps, but they are an insurance company rather than an event organiser. I think possibly that this niche little event has just become a little too popular. These things happen. Fact is, it's still a free event organised by people who are genuinely enthusiastic about the cars.

Is everyone who is going to the FoD going to the show?

Sounds like I might have missed the boat for attending the show now? But if I'm free I'd like to pop along to the FoD again, but not if I'll be sat on my own all day :D

Spare seat in my car.  Same in others, too.  We'll get you there!

I'll be aiming to miss as much traffic as possible. The M6 on a Friday can be bloody chronic but southbound is usually the better of the two options if you do plan on using said road on said day so that's a bonus. Tea time ish would be a reasonable estimate I suspect. I may go via a chip shop if there's one near by.

What's the story for breakfast in the morning? Can we convoy to somewhere on the way to the show to get a greasy trucker's breakfast in the style of Cannock?

I should be along for Saturday and Sunday, and possibly Friday evening as well.

Due to the fact I couldn’t attend Shitefest, I have quite a few old books and magazines to give away, including some mid 1980s copies of Motor and some tatty old issues of Commercial Motor from the 1960s and early 1970s, these include lorry and bus road tests and some great ads. First come first served.

I should be along for Saturday and Sunday, and possibly Friday evening as well.

Due to the fact I couldn’t attend Shitefest, I have quite a few old books and magazines to give away, including some mid 1980s copies of Motor and some tatty old issues of Commercial Motor from the 1960s and early 1970s, these include lorry and bus road tests and some great ads. First come first served.

I'd be interested in any copies of Motor going spare please.

I had planned on bringing a few spare mag's myself for distribution, but I can see me not having time to do that (and from previous experience I forget to get them out and go home with just as many).

Wheel paint purchased for the Sunny, must make a start on getting it tidied up this weekend.

As it stands, I'll be coming in my Mercedes 190. I currently have no kitchen, no mains electricity to half of my house and 2 weeks to finish everything.  The MOT fail list for the Sierra is trivial, but I just can't see me getting time between now and FotU to get them addressed.

I may just get the one or two paint issues addressed on that instead of spending £350 on the Sierra bodywork.  We'll see!

I am asking for a show of hands who is coming to or staying at the field of dreams over the weekend, no commitment just some idea of numbers.

Come for an hour or stay all weekend. (or longer just pm me if you want to arrive sooner or stay longer)

There is plenty of space, you get a flat grass field, composting toilet creaked by Bucketeer and mains water from a stand pipe. I have a large tent donated by Taxi Paul I plan to erect as HQ.

If you just don’t want to drink tea or visit the Festival of the Unexceptional here are some of my ideas for party games:

• Take head off spare Visa engine
  • Spitfire brakes re assembly
  • I have several small engines that won’t start - hedge trimmer, strimmer, chain saw x3
  • Start tractor and use to move tipping trailer
  • Fit cutting cylinder bearing on Hayter Condor ride on mower
  • Fit Battery to Peugeot Elyseo 50cc field bike
  • Herald Coupe – remove rocker cover to check value gear of locked engine, check brakes and suspension and drive it up the road!  

Please add yourselves saying days visiting/ camping

Six Cylinder - visit Fri/Sat/Sun

I am asking for a show of hands who is coming to or staying at the field of dreams over the weekend, no commitment just some idea of numbers.

Come for an hour or stay all weekend. (or longer just pm me if you want to arrive sooner or stay longer)

There is plenty of space, you get a flat grass field, composting toilet creaked by Bucketeer and mains water from a stand pipe. I have a large tent donated by Taxi Paul I plan to erect as HQ.

If you just don’t want to drink tea or visit the Festival of the Unexceptional here are some of my ideas for party games:

• Take head off spare Visa engine
  • Spitfire brakes re assembly
  • I have several small engines that won’t start - hedge trimmer, strimmer, chain saw x3
  • Start tractor and use to move tipping trailer
  • Fit cutting cylinder bearing on Hayter Condor ride on mower
  • Fit Battery to Peugeot Elyseo 50cc field bike
  • Herald Coupe – remove rocker cover to check value gear of locked engine, check brakes and suspension and drive it up the road!  

Please add yourselves saying days visiting/ camping

Six Cylinder - visit Fri/Sat/Sun

Chaseracer - visit Fri PM/Sat