Volvo V70 1997 2.5T auto. For sale or swap for smaller auto.

Tetleysmooth

On Facebook cars for sale under £500 Wayne Galloway. A white 54plate T5 with suspect head gasket. Phone won't let me link.

Thanks for that, but although I have a facebook account, someone tried to knobble it, so I'm locked out now. I need all sorts of i.d. to get back, and I really can't be bothered.

Not perfect Ken, but never had an ftp.

Just imagine never having to check the oil between changes. The oil level never drops.

I fitted a new uprated dipstick and tube a while ago too. When the old ones wear out (only 1 o ring on the dipstick), it lets cold air in, which mixes with the heat from the engine, result - mayo on the 'stick. The new dipstick (2 o rings) and tube has completely eliminated this.

• 4 weeks later...

post-5359-0-95939800-1525426246_thumb.jpg

post-5359-0-01919500-1525426287_thumb.jpg

post-5359-0-26093200-1525426350_thumb.jpg

post-5359-0-31394200-1525426394_thumb.jpg

post-5359-0-69609900-1525426435_thumb.jpg

post-5359-0-73144400-1525426479_thumb.jpg

Just a few pre-wash photos. Not had time to wash it. Had a boiler problem, hopefully sorted, then I've been on the phone to various places. Bit late to get the hose and related wash items out now.

It really does look nice with a wash and polish.

Supremely reliable.

Got a Pug 405 estate 2 litre petrol auto, full leather, 1995, mot expires 16/9/18, good runner, but the Missus doesn't like it much as it's got a few dings and french electrics, got it in a complicated swap with Eddy Ramrod and Bramz.

All I've done is oil and filter change, new cat back exhaust, new stereo with household speakers in the boot for added "class", it's a lovely, comfy car, but her Maj is insisting she is not a fan, although she is in it for work this week as her Magentis is playing silly bollocks with the aircon pulley grumbling away in an increasingly terminal fashion, she may feel better about a posh Volvo, although who can  tell with the fairer sex when it comes to estate cars ;)

post-20048-0-09595300-1525448149_thumb.jpg

post-20048-0-10786500-1525448391_thumb.jpg

post-20048-0-42324000-1525448431_thumb.jpg

post-20048-0-52143600-1525448469_thumb.jpg

post-20048-0-63257600-1525448524_thumb.jpg

post-20048-0-37307100-1525448610_thumb.jpg

More pics on request if you need any :)

Nice looking car, but I've never been into French, but thanks for the offer.

I'd like a direct sale now if possible, as I have found something else. If anyone wants to contact me directly, the number is oh seven five four six four three one nine five one.

Texts would be best as I'm at work now and will be until the morning.

I owe an apology here.

I was contacted by text last night. I was with my truck in Colchester waiting to unload. I don't know if it was a member or lurker, no name was forthcoming, but whoever it was saw the ad here, because this is the only place I've put my number up.

They wanted to come and view. It was only then I realised I'm not going to have much time for viewings. I'm back in tonight (Saturday), off Sunday (food shopping with Mrs Tet), then back in Monday through to, and including next Saturday. I'm going to need the car all week. After that, I have Sunday and Monday off.

Sorry people.

Also, sorry about those pics I put up on Friday, it really can look so much better, but I did them in amongst a thousand other things.

Got a Pug 405 estate 2 litre petrol auto, full leather, 1995, mot expires 16/9/18, good runner, but the Missus doesn't like it much as it's got a few dings and french electrics, got it in a complicated swap with Eddy Ramrod and Bramz.

All I've done is oil and filter change, new cat back exhaust, new stereo with household speakers in the boot for added "class", it's a lovely, comfy car, but her Maj is insisting she is not a fan, although she is in it for work this week as her Magentis is playing silly bollocks with the aircon pulley grumbling away in an increasingly terminal fashion, she may feel better about a posh Volvo, although who can  tell with the fairer sex when it comes to estate cars ;)

attachicon.gifIMG_20171205_135655.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20180109_124919.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20180109_124942.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20180109_125214.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20180109_125149.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20180109_124929.jpg

More pics on request if you need any :)

Could be tempted by that for myself! Is it for sale per se?

Could be tempted by that for myself! Is it for sale per se?

It could well be, especially if I get to buy Tetley's Volvo with the proceedings :)

Could you pm me, also got some interest by Skattrd for a similar swap, I should put up a proper advert instead of hijacking Tetley's thread ;)

Nice looking car, but I've never been into French, but thanks for the offer.

I'd like a direct sale now if possible, as I have found something else. If anyone wants to contact me directly, the number is oh seven five four six four three one nine five one.

Texts would be best as I'm at work now and will be until the morning.

You'd need to find another £3000 to move up to a 405 as well.

I owe an apology here.

I was contacted by text last night. I was with my truck in Colchester waiting to unload. I don't know if it was a member or lurker, no name was forthcoming, but whoever it was saw the ad here, because this is the only place I've put my number up.

They wanted to come and view. It was only then I realised I'm not going to have much time for viewings. I'm back in tonight (Saturday), off Sunday (food shopping with Mrs Tet), then back in Monday through to, and including next Saturday. I'm going to need the car all week. After that, I have Sunday and Monday off.

Sorry people.

Also, sorry about those pics I put up on Friday, it really can look so much better, but I did them in amongst a thousand other things.

Yeah that was me, very much a lurker on this forum, though I see you also have it on volvoforumuk, where my knackered 740 is for sale as parts. One in one out! Am very interested in checking this car out, need something to do a bit of exploring this summer, I can come view at your earliest convenience.

It just wasn't to be !!

This morning, the V70 started making a high pitched whining/whirring noise. It stopped as the car got up to operating temperature.

I suspect the alternator, but obviously without going into it, I can't be sure.

So, I'm going to take the car off the market until this problem is sorted, and I don't know when that will be.

I'm definitely not going to try to sell the car on with the problem, that's just not me.

Sorry to those that were interested.

Oh no! My latest purchase (the Xantia) has started doing this. I'm hoping tightening the aux belt will shut it up again. Have you tried going down that route?

To be honest, I haven't tried anything yet. The noise only lasts for a couple of minutes, then stops abruptly when the temperature guage reaches about halfway between cold and normal.

I'm pretty sure it's the alternator replacing the power used on startup, but until I can cure it, the car is not for sale.

• 2 weeks later...

I've still got this noise. It's not bothering me too much, because it makes absolutely no difference to the running or driving of the car.

It doesn't do it all the time, but when it does, it lasts for a couple of minutes, then as the temp guage starts to climb, it stops.

Maybe it needs a new serpentine belt. I've got one here, but it's for the non aircon engine, I bought it in error. I'll get another one next week when I get paid.

I'm going to try nipping the inlet manifold bolts up a bit and check the vacuum hoses for looseness/splits, but other than that, I'm at a loss to know what's causing the noise. I also checked the atf yesterday, car hot after a run, went through all the gears one by one, atf up to level, no probs there. The note doesn't change with revs. I also WD'd all the pulleys. No change.

Any further ideas people?

I've been using the car every day with no problems. No lights on the dash. Nothing.