2019 Stan Woods Memorial - A GGG Climate Improvement Appeal (CIA)

Junkman

Fair enough really, most of the bottom six inches was filler and rust. I had a feeling it was headed for the oval when I sold it, later confirmed when I saw it a couple of months ago on the guy's driveway next to a stripped Micra and R8 Rover. I don't know him, I was just using his road to turn round after leaving an unsuccessful bid on a Lada Samara

We had a chat with the guy who raced it.

He initially bought it for resto, but it turned out to be too far gone.

He meanwhile found a better one and is persisting with that one.

At least it's likely be used for it's parts.

How come Lada Rivas are allowed in a ‘classic’ race?

Does the 1966 introduction of the Fiat 124 give them sort of ‘classic’ legitimacy?

I’m also surprised to see a second generation Renault 5 in there....

Mostly I’m amazed anyone would want to go out in a Austin A35, even in the ‘unders’ class I wouldn’t want to be hit by an Maxi/Marina/Avenger/Cortina/Minx etc.

How come Lada Rivas are allowed in a ‘classic’ race?

Does the 1966 introduction of the Fiat 124 give them sort of ‘classic’ legitimacy?

I’m also surprised to see a second generation Renault 5 in there....

That's how relaxed the meeting is.

Mostly I’m amazed anyone would want to go out in a Austin A35, even in the ‘unders’ class I wouldn’t want to be hit by an Maxi/Marina/Avenger/Cortina/Minx etc.

Why not?

Getting hit by anything is the least of your problems. These things fall over if you lift your leg and fart. They are great if there is a prize for rollovers but nothing else. Having said that the prize for best rollover on Saturday went (I think) to the 249 Hillman Avenger for his sterling effort.

Grand pictures, especially the interior shots.

Sadly I dont think there are any proper events like this in Scotland which is a shame as I'd love to go.

Whats the story with that big green Humber, it looks like the panels are hiding a completely different car!

• 9 months later...

After a lot of hassle we have finally been given a booking for this years massively oversubscribed event. If you are there pop over and say hello We will be in a 1958 Hillman Minx (No 44) From what I have seen this years meeting will be bigger and better than ever and some of the cars/paintwork that have already been posted are superb 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Quick update on this. Dragged our car out of the pile today. Quick compression test, reset the points and wheyhey its alive. Carb is very worn but we have a good carb from a later 1725 engine so I put that on only I didnt because the inlet manifold is different. Ive got a manifold somewhere so thats tomorrows job. At least we will be lined up for Heat1 with all the other total dross. See you there on the 27th

• 2 weeks later...